[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enable all ram?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Is it safe/recommended to enable all ram usage?
>>
File: 1446552168656.jpg (48KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
1446552168656.jpg
48KB, 500x348px
>enable all ram
>>
Through msconfig? there is a default cap. i have 8 gb and am only using 4 but i can max out the ram usage. is there any reason not to?
>>
>>58473001
Put the RAM in your oven at 225'C for 3min.
>>
>>58473088
If you have a laptop iwth soldered memory, you have to do 185'c for 4mins.
>>
>>58473001
No anon, don't do it. The extra RAM is there as a buffer for when programs overflow, if you use the RAM right up to the edge programs can overflow to other bits of your computer instead.
If you're logging into a website and your passwords / keys overflow they're open for any hacker to easily get.
>>
>>58474555
You're trolling but you're half right. Ain't nobody wanna use swap space on your disk as RAM.
>>
>>58473001
Don't do this, I enabled all my RAM and my extra RAM by accident (I set it to 142GB of RAM and I only had 4GB) and my computer shut off, then smoke came out of it

I had to take it to the shop and the guy told me my caps overloaded and had to be replaced, which I guess is what happens when you exceed your RAM

So don't enable all your RAM unless you have the caps for it.
>>
yes, if you run out, just get more RAM off the interwebz: http://www.downloadmoreram.com/index.php
>>
>>58474585
Never actually thought about this. Does this mean if you had keys in memory that got moved to swap and then shut your computer down, someone could use data recovery tools to retrieve them from your harddrive?
>>
File: sniffysniff.jpg (762KB, 2336x3504px) Image search: [Google]
sniffysniff.jpg
762KB, 2336x3504px
>>58473001
Never go full ram
>>
>>58474675

I am jealous of doggo. I bet Eliza's crotch smells heavenly.
>>
>>58474675
You know she has a new fetish.
>>
>>58474675
>she's wearing a collar
it's not teh dogs fault, he thought she was a bitch.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.