[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/OS/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Multiboot.jpg (24KB, 620x390px) Image search: [Google]
Multiboot.jpg
24KB, 620x390px
I'm currently dualbooting Windows 7 64 and Windows 10 64.

I want to triple boot by adding XP 32 for some old games.

Windows 7 has a bulk partition on my SSD.
Windows 10 has a 50GB partition on the SSD.
I have two mechanical HDDs, one to install games on, and the other is storage.

So far I have

Proper GPU drivers for my 780 Ti
No drivers for my SoundBlaster Zx, will have to use integrated.
Proper LAN/USB 2/3

Now here's my question, will XP recognize the SSD ?
Will there be any other issues I haven't thought of ?
I'd have to add an extension cable that connects to the front audio out and leave the other end near me where I can plug in headphones since I don't want to reconnect the speakers and I alreayd use the Zx i/o hub for headphones.
XP will not be going online except to get SP2 and maybee SP3, can those even be downloaded anymore ?
I may need some type of cpu optimizer ?
I know multicore AMD procs did back then.
My G900 and G810 wouldn't have supporting software, meaning the G810 would be stuck in rainbow mode. G810 has internal memory and should be fine.
>>
>>58466366
It should recognise any drive just fine. And most ISO's of XP floating around these days are SP3. CPU optimiser not necessary, it can recognise multi-core CPU's just fine. Beware that if you're going 32-bit, you'll only be able to use the first 3GB of RAM in XP. Not that it's a major concern, because that's more than XP will ever need.
>>
>>58466366
why not just use a VM? would be much simpler.
also be sure your HDD is formated properly, MBR is required for installing winxp iirc.
>>
Shouldn't be a problem. XP lacks SSD-specific optimisations though.
>>
>>58466366
>Windows 10 has a 50GB partition on the SSD.
Are you sure that will be enough?
>>
>>58466387

I'm aware of the ram limitations.

I still have confirmed unaltered copies of XP Pro x86 Corp with SP2 and XP Pro Corp x64

I found this to check hashes

http://www.tipandtrick.net/original-msdntechnet-windows-xp-with-sp3-integrated-retail-vl-cd-iso-images-leaked/

And this to get isos

http://www.tipandtrick.net/windows-xp-sp3-kb936929-standalone-update-package-and-iso-images-official-microsoft-download-links/

>>58466468

> MBR

Yeah, that's what I couldn't remember. I know XP would need something, I don't even remember how to make that.

Is there a downside to a VM ?

I'm running a i5 2500k @ stock, 780 Ti Classified, 16GB DDR1333 (4 sticks dual channeled), 1440p display. Plenty of HDD space.

What I don't understand is how would I get working drivers in a VM ?

>>58466366

Meant to say G900 has internal memory and should be fine.

>>58466505

I solely have it for Gears 4 and to learn the ins and outs of 10. There's 29GB free on that partition, I've told W10 to install all non internal apps to the mechanical I use for games, so far it's worked out great. I made sure to give 10 plenty of space for future patches/updates and forced internal game/app downloads.

Took me ages to figure out in 10 you can just overlap the display and audio drivers, I verified every single file too and it replaced the old ones. The 3/4 known ways of preventing 10 from auto downloading and installing drivers it thinks are current simply never worked for me.
>>
>>58466387
>>58466530

Me here.

With Microsoft removing the ISO downloads and most torrent sites dead relating to those torrents, where would I get a copy of XP Pro with SP3 ?
>>
>>58466387

I found a copy with a matching SHA1, literally 8 before that were altered in some way.

Do I even have a MBR anymore since I installed 10 ?
>>
>>58466366
>not using POSReady 2009
>>
I checked the volumes, each HDD has a MBR.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.