[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opera Turbo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Anyone familiar with how Opera's "Turbo Mode" works?

I thought it encrypted everything between Opera's servers and my browser, so I've been using it as a proxy to browse websites at work without being tracked. In the past few days, however, the network administration where I work seems to have found a way to block most sites from being accessible through Turbo Mode. They use Fortinet to block some websites on a standard browser; I have to wonder if that is being used here.

Most of the websites are still accessible through a normal browser, and the websites don't seem to be specific to my browsing habits. I tried a number of common websites (including ones I have never used before) in Opera and in Firefox, and all except 4chan worked in Firefox and didn't work in Opera (4chan showed a "Blocked" page by Fortinet). Any idea how they are managing to block only Opera turbo traffic to websites?

Also, are there any workarounds? Any other ways to browse privately while at work? I'm guessing Fortinet will already have blocked most VPN server IPs.
>>
>>58461596
How about you actually do work.
>>
File: desk_lunch440[1].jpg (16KB, 440x300px)
desk_lunch440[1].jpg
16KB, 440x300px
>>58461635
I do my work. But I also have lunch at my desk some days and want to browse the web.
>>
>>58461672
Use your phone
>>
>>58461596

it blocks ads, and compresses data

if you're on your home wifi its going to be slower cause they have to route it through their own DNS servers

also the official full version of Opera now has it and a lot of other features making Mini pointless, including Mini Beta
>>
>>58462019
Thinking about doing this and just tethering. A 5GB cap should be alright for just the few minutes of browsing I want to do each day. Just kind of worried that I might go over when I travel and have to use 2G or Edge or whatever.

>>58462242
I'm using the desktop version. I actually tried the new "VPN" option in Opera, but that didn't work at all. I'm sure Fortiguard has blocked the IPs of the VPN servers.
>>
File: Picture1.jpg (28KB, 388x393px) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.jpg
28KB, 388x393px
>>
>>58461596
Try proxies?
>>
>>58463249
The difficulty would be in finding one not blocked by Fortiguard.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.