[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can one support artists (iow buy music) who release music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: featured-contetn-itunes-icon_2x.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
featured-contetn-itunes-icon_2x.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
How can one support artists (iow buy music) who release music only on iTunes, but without giving personal info/credit card number to Apple?
>>
pirate it and mail them a cheque
>>
ITunes gift cards....I assume are still sold everywhere
>>
Stop listening to Taylor Swift for starters.
>>
buy itune gift cards, and make a clone/seperate email account.
>>
>>58454287
>How can one support artists (iow buy music)
buying music as actually the least direct way to support artists, of the obvious ways to support musicians.

go to their concerts. buy their swag. buy their music from literally wherever. that's the order. the concerts are the best way for musicians to make money

if you're worried about sharing your credit card information with apple, i don't know. maybe stop being an idiot. apple's not ashley madison or something.
>>
>>58454336
You can also use paypal for desktop itunes purcases too.
>>
>>58454357
i don't see how giving them your paypal information is better than giving them your credit card information. if you're concerned about a data breach, credit card protections are better than debit cards and paypal by a country mile.
>>
>>58454287

Artists get very little margins on album sales. What >>58454351 said is right.
>>
Stop listening to retarded artists that only offer their music on iTunes
>>
>>58454383
yep. concerts have pretty high margins because they pay off the venue costs really quickly given large numbers of attendees. random shit like t-shirts and posters are insanely cheap to make and you're paying them like $40 for a poster, which is literally a piece of paper. if they sold PDFs you could get an identical one printed for like $5-10 (this is assuming you go balls to the wall with nice paper, high quality non-kinkos printers, etc...)
>>
>>58454414
don't act like some kind of faggot or people will confuse you for one. artists have very little real autonomy when it comes to their distribution channels, and they make a good faith effort to make it accessible to as many people (who are willing to pay) as possible.

this isn't like being a developer where you can just up and move your site if some host is being a dick.
>>
>>58454451
Yes you can, by being independent. Why would you want to work with people who are so incompetent that your music is only offered on iTunes? Even Bandcamp is a much better method of distribution.
>>
>>58454481
>Why would you want to work with people who are so incompetent that your music is only offered on iTunes
because you're not independent because your label doesn't just decide whether to sign you on to iTunes or not. they do lots of other things, and you satisfice.

to put this in terms a nerd in a basement would understand, sometimes you're stuck with an ISP's shitty caps and whatnot purely because you have no other options at your home. except to move, which is such a stupid suggestion as to generally not be mentioned.
>>
>>58454287
They are already a million times richer than you.
>>
>>58454511
Being on a label is only beneficial if you're a huge artist with lots of leverage in your contract. The only thing you need as a smaller scale musician, at most, is a manager who can handle things like booking gigs.
>>
>>58454293
I like this idea.

>>58454324
Taylor who?

>>58454336
This is probably best answer, but those cards aren't available in my country. I see on ebay lots of US and Canadian version - do you know in details what that means? Do I need to use US proxy and create fake US account to use that gift card?

>>58454351
>go to their concerts. buy their swag. buy their music from literally wherever. that's the order. the concerts are the best way for musicians to make money
Too far away from where I live, and I prefer to listen music at my home.

>>58454357
Also viable option since I already gave my info to Paypal.

>>58454383
>>58454421
FPBP. My money should go directly to artist.

>>58454555
I doubt they got rich since they are not famous.
>>
>>58454323
this is the. correct answer, you can create an apple id without a credit card using a gift card.
>>
>>58454287
pirate everything and just go to shows or buy merch from bands you like, they get more money that way.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.