[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >no Mac OS 9-like DE Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: benis.png (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
benis.png
47KB, 800x600px
>2017
>no Mac OS 9-like DE
Why?
>>
Just make one yourself
>>
Don't even remember me.
>>
>>58441505
>le ugly """retro""" wm meme
and here I thought u were cool...
>>
>>58441220
You can build it out of already existing parts.
IIRC Xfce panel has a plugin that does the window menu.
>>
>>58441220
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>58441543
It tries to represent NeXTSTEP environment and it tries not enough - menu bars were detached from applications, just like in MacOS.
>>
File: FREE WALLPAPER√√√.jpg (640KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
FREE WALLPAPER√√√.jpg
640KB, 2560x1440px
>>58441220
I suggest this pape tbqhfam√√√
>>
>>58441220
Because Mac OS 8/9 sucked.

I still remember Mac faggots trying to explain how cooperative multitasking and no private virtual memory was somehow a good thing.
>>
>>58442322
Savage.
>>
>>58442401
I liked a few of the exclusive games (mostly the Marathon series by Bungie) but pretty much hated every other aspect of Apple products from that era.
>>
>>58441615
That xfce global menu thingie is buggy as all fuck. I had to uninstall it to use libreoffice because it would always crash.
>>
>>58441220
you and I both know they'd never pull it off and just develop a buggy under-featured abortion based on bullet points with minimal QA

>>58442322
those have nothing to do with the interface itself though which was pretty good, for all of its flaws it made pretty effective use of screen real estate especially in the 480p era

the underlying shit was awful though, supposedly the design made applications a little snappier especially to launch but really the only thing that saves it as a full system anymore is the well archived software base
>>
>>58442506
Old MacOS's file manager was garbage also.
I don't know what people liked about the interface besides the top edge global menu bar.
>>
>>58442322
the ui looked pretty slick
shame the OS was trash, but not for a lack of trying (throughout the mid-90s, they had several rewrite projects to replace the hacky kludge trash they had)
like, win9x ended up being more robust under the hood
>>
>>58441505
those title bars are so pretty...
>>
>>58441220
I'm pretty sure there is. It's called Mac Platinum or something.
>>
>>58442273
I've been searching for this for a long time
Thank you anon
>>
>>58442656
felt no different from any other file manager to me
>>
File: Unsorted 1285.png (318KB, 384x960px) Image search: [Google]
Unsorted 1285.png
318KB, 384x960px
>>58441505
nice desktop
saved
>>
>>58441505
What's the DE name?
>>
>>58442322
Yeah because theming the UI to look like Mac OS 9 will totally change the way the kernel functions.
>>
>>58448143
WindowMaker
>>
>>58441505
EMPRESS > CHITANDA > BROEKI > EVERYONE ELSE
>>
File: riscos.gif (108KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
riscos.gif
108KB, 800x600px
Just buy a Pi and run KinoOS, also known as RISC OS
>>
>>58449309
Only experience with RISC OS was when my brother stole a few PCs from a bin outside some school, don't remember it much since I was like 7 years old but I vaguely remember breaking it by deleting the hard drive? Like I dragged the HDD symbol (bottom left of that pic) into the trash bin and it wouldn't boot up again after that, something weird like that, that PC was toast after I got through with it.

Anyway I noticed RISC OS has a lot of bounties available, maybe it's time I got a Pi and try claiming them: https://www.riscosopen.org/bounty
>>
>>58441220
MATE looks basically like that in 2017
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.