[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit Atom 1.13 It is ACTUALLY fast Sublimefags absolutely BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: release-1-13.png (35KB, 1025x360px) Image search: [Google]
release-1-13.png
35KB, 1025x360px
Holy shit

Atom 1.13

It is ACTUALLY fast

Sublimefags absolutely BTFO
>>
>>58440114
You dull bastard, go outside
>>
>>58440114

stop using non-emacs text editors pls.
>>
>>58440114
What's different? It literally feels the same to me and I actually use this shit
>>
Package (3)         New Version  Net Change  Download Size

community/apm 1.14.1-1 8.92 MiB 1.83 MiB
community/electron 1.4.14-1 106.03 MiB 27.24 MiB
community/atom 1.13.0-1 89.66 MiB 18.45 MiB

Total Download Size: 47.52 MiB
Total Installed Size: 204.62 MiB

s m h
>>
Is Atom still incapable of opening 100+ MB files, or did they fix that problem?
>>
I personally think fanboyism is retarded and use whatever just works. I'm currently on sublime but if the speed improvement is large enough I'll use atom. Downloading now will update
>>
File: 1461215674817.png (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461215674817.png
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>58440114
Problem with Atom is that it does not have a proper C/C++ debugger window. Sure, you can embed a terminal on it. However the GPP compiler has the most shitty error reporting I have ever seen.

However I'd love to use atom more.
>>
File: 1460834654510.jpg (43KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
1460834654510.jpg
43KB, 449x401px
>>58440255
>204.62 MiB
to edit fucking text files!
>>
>>58440289
this
>>
>>58440289
>>58440444
>I don't know how to use google
>>
>>58440114
I don't get why people use these editors, they're not that good. Just use vim, or if you *need* a GUI notepad++ or geany.
>>
>>58440114
I don't believe you.
>>
Can someone photoshop that image from the simpsons with the monkeys fighting on the boat and put the Atom and Sublime logos on the monkeys faces and have the vim logo on the faces of the people watching?
>>
>>58440528
this

>vim is a text editor but it's not bloated
>an ide is bloated but does much more than a text editor

>let's create a text editor
>with less features than vim
>less features than an ide
>more bloat than an ide
>ON TOP OF A FREAKING WEB BROWSER

it doesn't make sense
>>
>>58440289
No, but they closed the ticket.

That was hilarious to watch. I had to open some 50MB+ json files, and felt like trying out another text editor (I use emacs). Atom crashed horribly upon opening these files, so I looked for a ticket on github, and added my 2 cents.

The ticket has already been open for months at this point, but marked as "can't reproduce". Of course people kept supplying new examples but dumb devs kept denying the problem exists. Turns out they're keeping the entire contents of opened files in javascript strings, which are tremendously ineffective. Devs pretended the issue was solved because they played around with buffering and closed the ticket. Of course soon enough somebody opened a new ticket, with a similar issue, and fun began anew.
>>
>>58440601
Sorry but most people want to learn C instead of your IDE specific keybinings for a couple of weeks first. For them C is more interesting than Vim
>>
>>58440620
You don't need something as bloated as sublime or atom to learn C. Most text editors these days do all the same things without all the browser bs.

And let's be real, no one using this shit is learning C.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.