[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eBay wants higher individual import tariff waiver limit for Canada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Screen grab.png (156KB, 614x964px) Image search: [Google]
Screen grab.png
156KB, 614x964px
How do you feel about this?

eBay is asking its users in Canada to petition the Canadian federal government to raise the amount Canadians can import for personal use without having tariff assessed on the item from the current C$20 to a unspecified, much higher amount.

eBay's letter claims Americans are allowed to import up to US$800 (~C$1050) without being assessed for tariff.

How do you feel about this?

eBay would obviously benefit greatly from this since Canadian customers would buy more from eBay's overseas sellers.
>>
All tariffs should be genocided. A global economy to drive down prices is literally the only good thing about globalism.
>>
There should be no tariffs at all.
>>
>>58439358
>>58439609
But, what about muh (low skill) jerbs (that paid good wage only because Chinese labor wasn't available for the western companies before the 80s)?
>>
>>58439695
>>58439609
>>58439358
T. Pajeet
>>
>>58439322
what the fuck do I do to support this.

The actual limit is a lot higher than 20$ if your packet goes through Canada post because they only have time to check a small percentage of packages at the border. What increasing the limit would do is make shippers like DHL and fedex actually affordable.
>>
>>58439748
http://www.ebaymainstreet.com/petition/2017-09/tell-trudeau-government-increase-canadas-de-minimis-threshold

They have a form letter you can submit online.
>>
>American company asks Canadians to petition their government to do something that will lead to said American company's activities yielding less tax income to Canadian government and to said company taking more business from Canadian retailers.
Justin 'Fidel Castro is my biological father and role model' Trudeau has wrecked the Canadian economy so hard, there's no way they can afford it.
>>
>>58439721
t. johnny, unemployed for 3 years since the spoon factory moved production
>>
Yes fucking please
>>
>>58439970
Harper did much worse and left it basically in shambles for trudeau. Harper inherited huge surpluses and left us with huge deficits.
>>
>>58440016
>spoon factory
I never even gave a thought to where my spoons came from
>>
>>58439322
Germany has limits of 22€ (no VAT applied below) and 150€ (VAT + extra import taxes).

Never had to appear at the office so far, but I've heard stories of people importing dakis and eroge.
>>
>>58440145
Are you a fucking dolt?

Harper steered Canada out of the recession so that we barely felt it. The only reason Harper left us with deficits is because oil tanked right around the election.
>>
>>58440242
Well then how is oil still being in the shitter trudeaus fault?
>>
>>58440323
He did way fuckin more than that. The spending is rampant
>>
>>58440394
>muh feeling is more important and true than economic data
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.