[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: You have your GF's old EEE PC laying around, which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: _20170111_165640.jpg (103KB, 930x900px)
_20170111_165640.jpg
103KB, 930x900px
ITT:
You have your GF's old EEE PC laying around, which Linux distro do you load onto it, to make it great again?

>fast
>documents and browsing
>comfy

Model: 1001HA
>>
Mint, if you are a rookie.
>>
>>58437350
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>58437350
Gentoo and fuck off
This LE WHICH LE DISTRO XDD is the worst cancer on this fucking board
>>
I throw it away and buy a cheap sub-$300 Chromebook like the Acer Chromebook 14 and run whatever I want on that instead.
>>
>>58437350
Fedora
>>
>>58437350
Debian or arch, with xfce
>>
Arch and LXQt.

If you aren't afraid to recompile some, try DWM (from the suckless git dont use the binary otherwise you cant customize) also, install powertop and thermald. Make sure to set the powertop governer to powersave as intel cpus support this.
>>
File: c2O_RwPU_400x400.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
c2O_RwPU_400x400.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>58437451
>>
Mint MATE or XFCE
Ubuntu MATE
Xubuntu
Lubuntu

Maybe BunsenLabs?

If you are an autist you can also go with Arch I guess.

And then you post some nude pics of that slutty gf of yours, please.
>>
>>58437350
>he has a GF other than pillow waifu
You need to leave. Now.
>>
>>58437416

>asking for tech advice about GNU on Linux board.

>I guess clean Win XP it is!

Thank you based shitposter.
>>
>gf
>your
>implying
>>
>>58437416
implying telling everyone to install gentoo isnt shit meme cancer as well, you too can fuck right off
>>
>>58437532
>>I guess clean Win XP it is!

POSready would work well I guess.
>>
>>58437350
you are actually asking for help from fucking linux community... Everybody will give you different answers, and most of them incorrect. If i had that PC i would probably go with:

systemd: Arch / Debian.
non-systemd: Devuan, Slackware.

I didnt mention Gentoo because you will need week to install it, can you imagine this cpu to compile xorg? Nope.
>>
>>58437350
>fast
Ubuntu Server 16.04
>documents
vim.tiny
>browsing
lynx
>comfy
customized cowsay greeting message
>>
>>58437350

Mint is pretty slow on my 1008HA, I'd stay light weight with Lubuntu if I were you. Even Xubuntu was slow...
>>
>>58437350
You run HD recovery software to see what the bitch had been up to before you got with her, if you're smart.
>>
>>58437531
>>58437537
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>58437350
>g
>gf
>kek
>>
I run gentoo (obviously) but installed elementaryos on my gfs laptop because it's pretty got her and I don't have to send as much time setting it up

Tbh I have noticed screen tearing a lot with elementary, gotta look into that
>>
>>58439566
>gfs
>my
>>
Go X-less.
>>
>>58439618
I'm a weird mix of normie and aspie. I was in a gear in college, have a hot gf, and love snorting addy and raging with the bros.

But I also love zoning out and learning new shit. Last night I learned how to use firejail to sandbox qutebrowser. Still have to figure out how to get it to save settings though, firejail wipes my config when I close out
>>
>>58439702
:%s/gear/frat
>>
A Chromebook.
>>
>>58439702
>gf
>have
>i
>>
>>58437451
Fedora is too resource intensive
>>
>>58437350
max out the ram and then install debian with xfce
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.