[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China could not make ballpoint pen until now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>It has sent rockets into space, produced millions of the world's smartphones and built high-speed trains. But until now, one bit of manufacturing had perhaps unexpectedly eluded China: the ballpoint pen.

>A year ago Premier Li Keqiang went on national television and bemoaned the failure of his country to produce a good quality version of this seemingly-simple implement.

>Locally-made versions felt "rough" compared to those from Germany, Switzerland and Japan, Mr Li complained.

>The problem was not the body of the pen, but the tip - the tiny ball that dispenses ink as you write.

>It might be something we take for granted, but making them requires high-precision machinery and very hard, ultra-thin steel plates

>Put simply, China's steel has not been good enough. And it has struggled to shape its pen tips accurately.

>Precision engineering is thriving only in certain sectors such as aerospace and defence where the government has placed a high priority, says Prof Huang.

>Prof Huang says that China lacks a culture of excellence in precision engineering.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38566114

/csg/ btfo
>>
I applaud his honesty.

Truly a magnificent people.
>>
This has been known for decades, anon. Chinese metallurgy is shit and production practices are abysmal. They're still in the 1800's early 1900s US free for all phase with snake oil salesmen, everybody cheating each other, wildcat banks, and people trying to build up brands as a sign of quality and excellence.
>>
It is too bad they do not have years of folding steel to make high quality katanas like glorious Nippon!
>>
>>58435757
>katanas
>high quality
you kek
>>
>>58435795
*slices ur chinkpad clean in half*
You were saying...?
>>
>China
>quality ever
>>
>>58435688
Seagull(mechanical watch) are cool do
>>
>>58435757
>>58436873
European longsword would rekt the katana
>>
File: 1464838630135.jpg (149KB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
1464838630135.jpg
149KB, 888x500px
>>58435688
>it's taking china this long to realize their overall production standards are absolute shit due to horrid pay and the only people willing to manufacturer their shit being engineers to begin with

I'll be shocked when they finally push a reform that actually require people to give a shit about how people are paid. Maybe then they'll actually find people worth enough to be able to develop a god damn pen.
>>
I love watching people bash chinese products while using thousands of them every day. Usually they're typing their misinformed drivel on a machine built almost entirely in china.
>>
>>58437301
>machine built almost entirely in china.

and designed in the west
>>
>>58437377

The entire point of the article was their ability to build something.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.