[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here familiar enough with MPC and madVR to tell me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: VLC vs MPC.jpg (39KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
VLC vs MPC.jpg
39KB, 500x343px
Is anyone here familiar enough with MPC and madVR to tell me why it's dropping frames only after Windows 10's Anniversary Update? I reinstalled my graphics driver, uninstalled with DDU, then installed a december 2015 one. That helped some, but not entirely.

I've got a GTX 970 and even stock MPC is dropping a couple frames. I'm this close to installing Windows LTSB.
>>
m p v
p
v
>>
everything is your fault for being stupid enough to use spyware 10

also install mpv

and gentoo
>>
>>58429989
I've been using that to scrape by. It's quite good, but not quite as good.

>>58430010
No spyware in LTSB :^)
>>
/g/ pls, I don't want to unironically run 2015 ltsb or 8.1. How do I make the dropped frames stop? What the fucking hell is wrong with Nvidia on Win10 anniversary?
>>
>>58431847
You don't, congrats on the Windows 10 experience.
>>
>>58429976
Microsoft has been working very hard on Windows Media Playerâ„¢ recently
Now that other players mysteriously stopped working correctly maybe you should use it again :-)
>>
>>58431953
I actually did use ZunePlayer (Movies & TV, Windows Store app) briefly, until I realized it couldn't support half the audio used in MKVs.

Now it's drag and dropping to mpv in all its no-gui misery until I figure out what the hell they've done, or downgrade.
>>
>>58430037
Just install Win 7 or re-install 10 to before anniversary and stop updates.
>>
>>58432240
You can only stop updates for 8 months, right?
>>
Why frames are dropped can have many different reasons. In the OSD (Ctrl+J), which is the first queue (from top to bottom) which is "in trouble" (less than half full)? That's probably the bottleneck causing the problems.

I'd suggest that you try the doom9 forum thread. E.g. start by posting a screenshot of your OSD. There are many experienced users there which are eager to sort out problems like this.

Also make sure you have no 3rd party accessing the GPU, e.g. f.lux is known to cause problems.
>>
>>58430037
Lesbian Trans Sodomia Bi ?
>>
>>58434036
Thank you for the serious answer. I must have read 75 pages of that thread starting at August posts from when the update came out, yet didn't know about ctrl+J.
>>
>>58430037
It's just as good, use profile=opengl-hq
>>
No one else is having this problem?
>>
The GPU drivers in Windows 10 are simply much less stable than those in Windows 8.1. If you read through the doom9 madVR thread, you'll notice that most people who have problems are on Windows 10.

Anyway, there are also many Windows 10 users for which it works well. So it's an issue that should be solvable, but it's not a problem that has only one cause and one easy fix. So the first thing to do is to find out why it's happening. And nobody can guess the problem, so you will need to provide more information.
>>
>>58437899
Sounds right. What more can I mention, I'm not sure.

This is a clean install of the Dec 2016 Win10 pro build.
I have a popular version of MSI's 970 gtx.
The latest driver dropped more frames than the dec 2015 one.
Even stock MPC-HC and BE drop a few frames.
>>
Well, as I asked before:

In the OSD (Ctrl+J), which is the first queue (from top to bottom) which is "in trouble" (less than half full), when those frame drops occur?

If you don't answer my questions, I can't help... ;)
>>
>>58438856
Oh, I didn't understand how that information would be represented. I'll be home in 20-30 and check then.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (462KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
462KB, 2560x1440px
>>58438856
So here is an example of a 720p 50 fps British show which seems to do a good job causing trouble. I was watching this series before I reinstalled windows with little to no dropped frames.
>>
>>58439556
I may just be being retarded, but if the video is 50fps doesn't a render time of 25ms mean you will be dropping frames?
>>
>>58439556
Try using fullscreen exclusive mode.

Also, not that it's related, but why are you using "BilateralOld" for chroma upscaling but ngu high for luma?

Also try turning down the luma upscaling to ngu medium or even jinc and see if that helps.
>>
>>58439556
Get a shot of the OSD without the video paused if you can. I think it's paused here.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.