[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf? I hate apple now!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Cv3fFfsVUAAMaX6.jpg (32KB, 1200x716px) Image search: [Google]
Cv3fFfsVUAAMaX6.jpg
32KB, 1200x716px
>>
>>58429093
How will mactoddlers ever recover?
>>
>>58430786
the same way they always have, by buying more shit
>>
>>58429093
Apple is actually in danger of losing the developer community over this shit
>>
>>58429093

Most of those dongles are for iOS devices. You can tell because there's a Lightning connector on one end. You've even got some 30-pin connectors mixed in there, which aren't relevant unless you're using a fucking iPhone 4S. A total of six of those dongles are even *for* Macs.
>>
>>58431941
Over what shit? There is absolutely nothing wrong with dropping outdated shit (as they always did first) and using modern universal ports that can be used for everything the user wants.

The only thing they fucked up was the iPhone shit with Lightning. If they would've used USB C on everything, it'd be absolutely perfect.
>>
Why don't you just buy the actual cord and not some shitty 50 dollar adapter
>>
>>58432415
The port is still in use and not "outdated" if you offer an official fucking dongle for it. What, are SD cards outdated now? No. Are headphones with analog input outdated? No.

Apple just wants them out of their hardware so they can cut costs and decrease thicknes.
>>
>>58432723
>What, are SD cards outdated now? No. Are headphones with analog input outdated? No.
Technologically they are and it's shocking that both survived for so long. Same with physical media and USB A which is a dumb as fuck design, that shouldn't exist in times when everybody and their grandmother got a smartphone. USB C is THE solution to move away from 5-6 different cables ... hence them sticking with Lightning on iPhone is so facepalming.

Is all the stuff still in use? Definitely. Is it a good thing? Definitely not. Apple making the push and being so radical about it is the best that could happen to the tech world since no other company would be able to make others adapt. Apple pretty much killed DVD drives for laptops and started the whole HiDPI trend for the mainstream, is it really that unthinkable that USB A will be seen as outdated shit in 1-3 years?

SD cards are basically non issue since most decent cameras got wifi. Headphones either, since everyone is moving to wireless now, so the quality and battery life are bound to improve while the price sinks.

>if you offer an official fucking dongle for it
If anything, with dongles there are more options now, since you can turn the shit into whatever crap you want. Need Ethernet? Here you go. DisplayPort? Sure. VGA for your shitty outdated projector? No problem.

It sounds like the best balance, since most potential buyers won't bother with dongles and some who absolutely need some old ports, can easy get them. The alternative would to bloat up the laptop with single purpose crap, ruin the design and slow down future advancement.

>Apple just wants them out of their hardware so they can cut costs and decrease thicknes.
Obviously these are part of their motivation too, and at least thickness is good for most end user too. Also again, the utility from the ports is amazing. The only downside now is the price for accessories which is bound to go down once more manufacturers join.
>>
File: Risitas.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Risitas.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>
File: 1378813226031.jpg (44KB, 590x500px) Image search: [Google]
1378813226031.jpg
44KB, 590x500px
Some people completely miss the obvious advantage here with the usb-c dongles: you can use them on any of your machines, and they're probably going to be still useful a decade from now.
>>
>>58435208

So are usb devices? Last I checked USB 3 was still pretty new on most machines.
>>
As much as I hate Apple. I find this dongle shit really clever.

However, we should develop nanoEthernet ports and then abandon all other types of ports instead.
>>
>>58432415

If a dongle exists the tech is not outdated.
>>
>USB is outdated it's the future to have only one USB-C port in your PC
If that would be true they could have put BOTH in their shitty gay laptop. USB is at least on its peak. Awkward how these brainwashed people still defend this shit. Unbelievable.
>>
>>58429093
MACTODDLERS BTFO
>>
>>58435274
you know apple still sells the usb CD thingys
saw a lot of CDs recently?
>>
>>58429093
They shifted their demographic to normies.
Normies buy the whole package keyboard and mouse so no need for cables, also normies dont use alot of periferics because if its not ship with Apple it doesnt exist.
>>
>>58435208
>and they're probably going to be still useful a decade from now
I fully expect USB-D within 5 years.
>>
>>58435297

Not a lot but they still exist and are used sometimes.
>>
>now
>>
>>58433061
The problem is that many of the people who bought the Pro series of Macbooks use them for devices that still have USB-A cables or SD cards.

There's no reason why Apple couldn't have put two USB-C ports, with Thunderbolt3, and then had a couple of USB-A 3.1, HDMI and SD card slot on their Pro level device which would have then catered for the present and the future.

Instead they chose to cater for the future, which pissed off people now. Yes, in the end we will shift to USB-C mainstream, but that would have happened anyway. Apple aren't revolutionary for pushing it now, all they're doing is capitalizing on dongle sales because they blocked one of the major Thunderbolt chipsets that they aren't using.
>>
>>58435226
The fuck are you using USBs for? Aside from maybe KB&M there's no real reason to and being a laptop you'd rarely use external peripherals
>>
>>58432415
Actually I'd like it to have been the other way around. USB-C is shit. If they'd made their proprietary plug open they would probably have won that.
And that'd give them more leverage in the future.
>>
File: 1482723227088.jpg (65KB, 361x440px) Image search: [Google]
1482723227088.jpg
65KB, 361x440px
>>58429093
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.