[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /COBOL/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: cobol.jpg (270KB, 997x763px) Image search: [Google]
cobol.jpg
270KB, 997x763px
who /COBOL/ here?
>>
>>58423981
COBOL syntax is absolutely disgusting
>>
>>58423990
No.
>>
What do you use COBOL for?
>>
>>58424078
Business.
>>
>>58423981
Do you use designated defecation roads, or are you over 100 years old?
>>
>>58424145
COBOL isn't java.
>>
>>58423981
COBOL programs are mainly text only, aren't they?
>>
>>58424283
You can use GUI toolkits to make graphical shit
>>
>>58424317
I want to know more about COBOL.
What do you use?
How did you get into profession?
>>
>>58424513
OpenCOBOL is the latest shit
Many years ago through learning it and knowing the right people
>>
>>58424255
Mainframe shit is ideal outsource target because old farts like you cost too much money. Look at pajeet CVs and you'll see most of them have banking and mainframe experience, and your redundancy is why.
>>
>>58424255
KV, is that you?

> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>58424564
Cool, but many companies run critical or secure shit that they won't outsource
I worked at SAP a few years ago and the pajeets literally did nothing or with really low quality
>>
>>58424564
>Look at pajeet CVs and you'll see most of them have banking and mainframe experience
In Java.

People pay out the ass for COBOL developers because
1) Nobody learns it
2) They don't want to trust pajeet to do it, because pajeet does a bad fucking job. Anybody who has ever outsourced development work has seen that because those people take on 6 jobs at once and halfass their way through it to the point of "it works sort of"
>>
>>58424562
>and knowing the right people
Well, I suppose, it's not possible to get into profession for a guy from the outside?
>>
File: 1482094651923.jpg (27KB, 580x365px) Image search: [Google]
1482094651923.jpg
27KB, 580x365px
Drain The File Section
>>
>>58423981
Reminds me of BASIC
>>
>>58425150
BASIC is way easier to read than COBOL.
>>
>>58424653
COBOL is ancient, so only ancients can still work on it.
>>
>>58425104
is that young terry?
>>
>>58423981
>Water in the file section.
What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.