[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would they all fall? What we can do to make them fall even faster?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: techgiants.jpg (30KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
techgiants.jpg
30KB, 620x350px
Would they all fall?
What we can do to make them fall even faster?
>>
>>58419945
stop using them
>>
>>58419945
Install gentoo
>>
>>58419945
one conglomerate will own them all
>>
How can we make it so people on here and everywhere stop hating on things simply because they're popular? How can we make it so people stop acting dumb just to be funny?
>>
>>58420091
you ruined it, kill yourself
>>
>>58419945
They're too big to fail, they'll morph and spread in to other industries, rebrand, retool and remerge outliving us all.
>>
>>58419945
Retarded pipe dream of a severely autistic individual.
>>
We could crowdfund our own independent manufacturer of hardware, and then take it from there, crowdfunding products and shit.

Facebook is already dead as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>58420091
Hitler was popular, idiot.
>>
>>58419949
>>58419969
These
>>
>>58420189
But he was right.
>>
>>58419945

Micro$hit will slowly, but inevitably sink into oblivion. Right now they just keep on using their market dominance for office software, but they are geting worse every year and they know it.

Applel will die next, without their saint giving them new ideas. They will try more and more crazy stuff ("hey, why can users just charge their phone? Make the battery unchargeable unless they buy an iGenerator..") until even the bigges hipster has left the ship.

Facebook is going nowhere, they just stay as they are until the get bought by google in 10 years.

Google/Alphabet will slowly follow their path into world dominance. In 10 years they will buy Fb, then even the gouvernments won't touch them anymore because they depend on them and their exquisite user data. Maybe they will be gentle and build a better TLA-search engine than than lousy XKeyScore thingy..

Google will have occupied so many everyday fields in the net, so they will start charging people for using it. They will get even more money until one day they build Skynet and destroy mankind.

- THE END -
>>
>somebody uses your reply as the next op-post
Appreciated.
>>
Nothing. All you can do is minimise the damage they will cause to you and any loved ones you have.
>>
Trump is murdering net neutrality, so it doesn't matter either way.

The Internet is dead for all intents and purposes.
>>
>>58420159
i ruined what?
>>
>>58420091
I don't hate google and facebook because they are popular.
I hate that the reason they are popular is the failure of so many other things.
A popular meme is that "linux is for servers"
But the truth is that linux has failed on the servers.
You can create most of what google and facebook provides using free software.

The reason people do not do this is a combination of:
Lack of skills, some services require a lot of reading before you can configure them correctly.
Lack of money, you have to purchase a computer and a domain.
Lack of time, you have to frequently update the systems so you have to find a way to deal with that.

The lack of skills means more effort must be put into creating installers and interfaces which make it easier for people to configure.
By guiding people through the config options, knowledge about the details of the project becomes less relevant.

The price can be reduced, but it will never be eliminated. A Pi would probably be enough for most people today, so it is essentially $30/year vs $0/year

Lack of time to do maintenance is a different problem.
It could again be made easier, but it will also be some effort vs no effort.

I like the efforts of freedombox, but I think it has a long way to go before it will be normie friendly.
>>
>>58420258
Good, web 2.0 is cancer.

Also why isn't amazon in the picture?
>>
File: Why contain it.jpg (77KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
Why contain it.jpg
77KB, 288x499px
>>58419945

It's gonna require some nukes and a slight loss of land over on the west. Also, we'll have to lose Hollywood I'm afraid.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.