[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you run a PC off of a snapdragon 821 processor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: big boss hug.jpg (120KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
big boss hug.jpg
120KB, 1440x810px
Could you run a PC off of a snapdragon 821 processor?
>>
>>58416267
I mean, it'll probably be slow. Just use the most lightweight linux distro you can find with a GUI
>>
>>58416267
absolutely
>>
>>58416267
Yes.

With proper cooling you would not run into throttling issues either.
>>
of course
don't listen to this idiot
>>58416288

you can run w10 on a processor like that no problem

we are literally living in the future
>>
Y'all fucking retarded. Arm64 processor perfectly fine for Linux, MacOS and windows, however are x86 only and will have to be emulated which is too slow for actual use.

So install Gentoo.
>>
>>58416324
could you play vidya with it?
>>
>>58416414
You could run android and play the selection of games there, alternatively you could install Gentoo and compile tuxracer for arm64. No pc gaming from the last 10 years at least.
>>
Try fapdragon 621
>>58416267
>>
>>58416267
No because it's not x86
>>
There's a video on YouTube of windows 10 and photos hop and shit running on a snapdragon 820. Just Google windows 10 snapdragon 820. It's suprisingly fast and blew my mind a bit
>>
>>58416267
FYI android is basicly just a Linux distribution and win 10 is a phone os.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170110-073404.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170110-073404.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>58416267
Right now I'm on my laptop running RemixOS. It's Android with a window manager made for desktop's in mind and a taskbar. It doesn't run those win32 applications but as someone who's used GNU/Linux since Windows 95 was hot I don't really mind.

The amount of software available for Android is rather HUGE. Consider what's available for GNU/Linux and the amount of software in Google's app store, a lot more exists for Android.

A snapdragon 821 is more than enough to run a RemixOS PC.

It is also more than enough to run on a PC with a GNU/Linux variant compiled for the ARM processor.

So yes, it's definitively totally doable to run a PC off the snapdragon 821. Also consider that this processor actually has a lot of features that "desktop" CPUs from Intel and AMD do not have such as x264 hardware encoding , support for high-res cameras and so on.

The snapdragon 821 will probably struggle with running emulation for legacy Windows software. It won't run Windows games and it won't run anything not made for it/at minimum compiled for it very well.
>>
>>58416267
it would be very painful
>>
>>58417341
who is that whore?
>>
>>58416267
I have a PC with a 3770k, why would I want that crap??
>>
>>58417462
You're a big processor.
>>
>>58419531
For you
>>
>>58417341
>phoneposting from a laptop
disgusting
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.