[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F droid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: fdroid.jpg (6KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
fdroid.jpg
6KB, 216x216px
Anyone else here using F droid for most of their shit?
I'm trying to limit the amount of apps I've got from the play store and F Droid does seem to have some pretty nice shit, but it's missing some things

>Newpipe
it's pretty nice but the background play sucks ass (audio cuts out 90% of the time) and there's no way to play audio while the screen is off.

>K-9
it's alright I guess but it looks like trash.

Anyone know of any decent alternatives to either of these?

Discuss foss apps.
>>
>>58413807
They're ok but some apps are far better on appstore, which I got "yalp store" for.

Fitnotes for example is ad-free and excellent and has no equivalent on fdroid, same with osme other apps.
>>
>no way to play audio while the screen is off.
Works on my machine.
>>
>>58413846
with newpipe?

I switched back to the yt app with the background playback xposed module and it works fine, but I'd prefer to just have a yt client that can do all of that.
>>
>>58413859
Yes, when playing only the audio (the headphone button)

What doesn't work is playing the video and turning the screen off, then the audio cuts off as well. Same when switching to another app.
>>
>>58413925
ah yeah I just tried again and you're right.
For some reason when I hit the background play button it goes through 10 seconds of the audio and keeps cutting out, and then it restarts the video and everything is fine.
>>
>>58413807
Check out yalp store in fdroid
Also there's a material fork of fdroid and some better YouTube apps on xda. Download the xda labs app and you can browse them all
>>
>>58413807
If Floens sees this:
Having an issue where any photo I try to post taken from my phone in portrait mode flips sidewise when I try to post it. Shows up in everything else with the correct orientation.
Samsung J7 on debloated stock android 6.0.1
>>
File: Screenshot_20170109-205731.png (112KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170109-205731.png
112KB, 720x1280px
>>58413807
>>
>>58413807
Since Cyanogenmod died (no idea if somebody else picked up the project) I decided to just go back to building my own Android Roms.

So I have an older Nexus 4, and got the latest AOSP + Binaries offered by Google and built a default rom, removing some of the junk but not much. One thing however, I didn't install GAPPS.

Instead I went with F-Droid and have noticed magically my battery will last 24hrs now. End of a workday I still have like 60% charge. WTF? It was because Google framework junk was in the background eating up my battery constantly updating crap and whatever else it was doing.

tl;dr playstore free phone is cruise control awesome
>>
>>58414442
>building my own Android Roms
how time consuming/difficult is this?
Also, I'd love to get rid of gapps but my friends all use hangouts. Unfortunately I've tried to get them to switch to something else (even Whatsapp since it doesn't rely on play services) but it's kind of difficult to convince a whole group of people to change.
My plan is to wait for google to finally kill off hangouts since they're already heading in that direction and then suggest something like Whatsapp.
>>
>>58414472
Very time consuming. Unless you're an android enthusiast don't bother and just find a custom rim already made for your device
>>
>>58414472
>whatsapp
Why not Wire? it's open-source
>>
>>58415155
The ironic thing about most of the open source IM clients is that they actually require google play services to be installed. This is why I can't use signal or telegram.
Whatsapp is not open source, but it works without the service framework.

I'll take a look at Wire but seeing as how it isn't on fdroid it probably relies on google services as well.
>>
>>58414328
what xposed modules are you running? and why aren't you using the flat style status bar mod to change the ugly shit on your status bar?
>>
>>58415500
Just Gravitybox and App Settings, latter just for some LCD density tweaks on certain apps that won't play nice. Which mod specifically are you referring to, Xstana? I got this phone less than two weeks ago so haven't totally finished tweaking it, gladly open to suggestions
>>
File: Screenshot_20160612-142032.png (118KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160612-142032.png
118KB, 1080x1920px
I don't even gapps. Just f-droid. My Nexus5 can still pull a full week on one charge. Battery usage is one of my good indicators (((they))) are dirtboxing me. It looks like pic related.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.