[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dvorak a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: dvorak.png (58KB, 1280x427px) Image search: [Google]
dvorak.png
58KB, 1280x427px
>Piss poor multilingual support
>Doesn't ship with Winblow$, so I can't use it on another person's computer
>Doesn't work well with emacs, vi, and vidya
>Undoes years of muscle memory training for hotkeys

Why do you use (((dvorak))), /g/? You still need to use qwerty to get anything done.
>>
I thought his New World Symphony was pretty good, not a meme in my opinion.
>>
>>58406099
Yes it's a fucking meme. All that's going to happen if you learn to touch type with it, is you're just going to be unable to use any computer but your own.
>>
Dvorak user here. Never learned to touch type properly on QWERTY, so I switched and learned touch typing on Dvorak. ~110wpm after a few years, and it's really not a problem to change the keyboard settings when setting up a new device
>>
>>58406099
>Doesn't work well with emacs, vi
You can redefine all the key bindings
>>
>>58406115

This.

Symphony Nr. 9 in e minor (op. 95) is fucking GOAT.
>>
>>58406099
all this dvorak and colemak shit, as far as I know, it's legit. I mean qwerty isn't exactly efficient. plenty of room to improve there.

but everything everywhere is qwerty and you are fucking yourself over if you invest time into getting good with colemak.

just another example of "broken gets fixed, crappy is forever"
>>
>>58406099
>Doesn't ship with window$
But it does, anon. Please research before you sperg out.
>>
>>58406099
I use dvorak, can't speak toward multilingual support as I only speak one language but everything else you said is incorrect
It does ship with windows, it works fantastically with emacs, (haven't used vi with it) in a week I had surpassed my old typing speed, every game I've played made in the last decade checks if I'm using dvorak and adjusts accordingly, the few that don't, like Mass Effect 1 can be quickly reconfigured, I was going to change the graphical settings anyway, takes about the same amount of time

As for why I learned it in the first place, I was on the internet in high school reading about programming, I read that some bumblefuck programmer used dvorak, googled it, thought, this is cool and tried it out, wouldn't even consider switching back
>>
>>58406099
if this is a meme, why i see it for the first time?
Im still a normie?
how long it takes to evolve from normie to native autistic retard?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.