[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xiaomi Mi book air

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170109_101822.jpg (126KB, 1074x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170109_101822.jpg
126KB, 1074x641px
So this has been out a while now and was received rather well by this board.

Stand out features were the onboard graphics, build quality and the price for specs.

So for those anons that did buy it back around October, what are your long term reviews of it?

Concerns of sceptics included lack of English version of Windows, potential overheating and lower than advertised battery life.

Rumours of a 'Pro' edition or a 15" variant failed to materialise at CES 2017. So is this still a viable option at the begining of 2017?
>>
>>58402304
>onboard
it has dedicated, anon.
>>
12 Inch has Intel HD
13 Inch Nvidia 940mx Dedicated
>>
>>58402304
I want to buy one of these but the fact it's not ce makes me afraid it won't get past customs.
>>
>>58402304
How do they copy Apple so blatantly and get away with it? Is Foxconn cheating on Apple?
>>
First of all
>inb4 Xiaomi shill
>inb4 Chink shit

Okay now that's out of the way let's move on to the laptop. I have owned the 13.3" model for over 2 months now and I've honestly got to say it is the best purchase I have ever made.
The laptop is of absolute premium quality. I had my concerns when I saw videos of the 12" having build quality issues so when mine arrived I was overjoyed at how perfect this laptop was.
The keyboard is incredible to use, I type at 120wpm and it just flows brilliantly. I'd like to point out the hot keys at the top are much like a mbp and prove to be very useful.The trackpad is also on an amazing standard. By far the best trackpad on any Windows laptop around. This laptop was half the price of the 360 spectre and XPS, with better specs than the both of them at the time of my purchase, unsure on kaby lake model comparison. But none the less it is simply incredible value for money! The dedicated gpu goes a long way with casual gaming and video rendering. DDR4M, NvMe ssd + expansion slot. 8gb is enough ram for all my usage, no complaints there; probably is the only compromise I can think of in specs. Full hd screen has a great pixel density given the size of the laptop. On that note there is the perfect amount of bezel, I say perfect because I feel the border around a screen creates a work environment within the laptop. Eliminating it like the xps may look pretty but I think they're just right on the the Xiaomi.
Battery life is decent, getting minimum 5-6 hours on very heavy usage. Often reaching 10-11 hours doing lightweight programming. Noteworthy to mention the laptop has incredible fast charge capabilities.
Ports are perfect, usb 3.0, aux, hdmi and type c so it's future proof.
The switch to an English version of windows cost me $30 for a legit version of w10 pro. The installation and drivers were a breeze.
Overall this laptop is a 9/10 from me. It's simply incredible. Pull the trigger on the purchase it is so worth it I promise you
>>
Just wish there was a vendor in Europe for these. Customs taxes would rape me if I tried to order one from China.
>>
it's probably loaded with backdoors, poorly made and unstable

prettythough
>>
>>58405377
If their phones are anything to by, they have good build quality for the price. I love my Redmi Note 4.
>>
how much do these things go for?
>>
>>58405416
700 usd
>>
>>58405282
Wumao has been deposited in your account.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.