/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hacking, how to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

I know it might be the most stupid and the most asked question on the Internet but I'm serious about this.
I'm finishing my bachelor in programming and just started wondering aboit what's the first step to become a hacker. How do you learn it and how do you get better at it.
We got to learn some techniques during some classes but only old ones and all just in theory.
I asked on of my class mate who participated in some hackaton but this faggot pulled the mysterious guy act on me.

I don't think I'll have the dedication to get into it seriously but I just want to know what are the basics.
>>
Ow and just feel free to give some book titles if they answer my questions
>>
File: son_go_an_hero.webm (810KB, 608x352px) Image search: [Google]
son_go_an_hero.webm
810KB, 608x352px
What type of hacking?
>>
>>58401608
what happened in this fucking webm ?
>>
Just lookin for vulnerabilities n shit innit
>>
>>58401754
>kys
>brb gensokyo
>fugg :DD
>>
>>58401754
>Dad tells son to stop playing games and to help mom
>son says he will kill himself for whatever reason
>dad dares him to do it
>the madman does it
>dad thinks he just shot the gun to scare him
>hits dead son
>>
>>58401370
if you are seriously referring to this as hacking then you most definitely haven't even started a BSc that has ANYTHING to do with programming
>>
>>58401820
Wow, hardcore...
>>
>>58401608
Well I don't know how much type of hacking and what they are. But I was thinking about the common thing like computer and password hacking.

The only thing about hacking websites is making an SQL injection (when you can).

>>58401870
I knew someone would make the remark. I know referring to that as hacking is stupid. It's like asking "how do you play sports ?".
But since I don't know jack shit about it, I dodn't bother using another word.
>>
you need to install panto linux on the bare metal of your rig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sWC2h1pb0c
>>
File: 1266962368947.png (88KB, 282x359px) Image search: [Google]
1266962368947.png
88KB, 282x359px
>>58401370
if you are actually finishing a degree in programming and still can't figure out how to hack, you did something wrong.

Do they never teach you about networking?

It's like any programming question: What do I want to do -> how do I archive that -> Google Session -> work on a solution

or just look up simple hacks from computerphile and go from there you turd
>>
File: 1464812331862.gif (454KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1464812331862.gif
454KB, 250x188px
>>58402186
I cheated during all my networking tests. I can't describe how much I hate it.
Anyway, like I said, they teached us some techniques but not how to apply them, only their name, what they do and what they steal or corrupt or whatever they have to do.
All I learned during these classes was creating and managing some DNS and SMTP servers. Also a Web server but I cheated for that too.
>>
Got a mate who does pen testing. Sounds awesome as fuck. Too bad I can't into programming.
>>
>>58402272
>hates networking
Well you're not going to like your version of hacking then.
>>
>>58402272
>I can't describe how much I hate it
Sounds like you'd hate to be a hacker.
>>
File: 1267581360416.jpg (42KB, 736x719px) Image search: [Google]
1267581360416.jpg
42KB, 736x719px
>>58402272
have fun hacking yourself then buddy
>>
"becoming a hacker" sound very childish and i do hope for your best, that you'll change your vision about what a "hacker" really is, the h-word is somehow taboo, and has and should have a deeper meaning to someone involved.
First you should learn the difference between white/black/gray/etc hats and set your life values(like what do you wanna really do in this field? do you wanna be a carder(steal cards and money), do you wanna be a scammer?(more or less a carder, but not limiting or using cards), or maybe you wanna be a haxor and not really understand what the tools you are using are doing and just wanna destroy the work someone put into some website and deface it, etc OR do you wanna be legit and help people, or just don't do damage.
The legal profession is called in general pentester(there are many names and other jobs, but i'm too lazy to write them at least for now). The job of a pentester is to test an application(may be web or NOT) or a network or other stuff and see if there are any vulnerabilities(bugs-ish) which can be exploited and can lead to an supernatural flow which is not normal, like bypassing a login form, or some CD KEY requirement for a game(look up reverse engineering, binary exploitation, buffer overflow etc). After he finds something he reports it(and sometimes gets money see bug bounty programs).
A hackathon is just a competition in which people CODE don't necessarily hack for a short period of time(24h,48h etc), it is indeed a misleading name and a buzzing one.
SQLi,XSS and other are vulnerabilities found in web applications( see OWASP top 10).
I have thrown a lot of magical words in my post in order to tell you the importance of learning and of googling(duckduckgoing) words you don't know and learn more about that field.
Also, in order to enter this jungle, you NEED to be HUNGRY and always learn and have at least some BACKGROUND(programming, scripting,networking etc), which you may have from programming, it helps you understand stuff ^___^
>>
File: 178.jpg (110KB, 714x668px) Image search: [Google]
178.jpg
110KB, 714x668px
>>58402496
>>58402424
>>58402405
Well fuck it then. I might like networking but the approach they took at school to teach it to us made me hate the very thought of it.
Anyway, if you have any piece of info/tutorial/book that will at least teach the basics of even the lamest hacking techinques of any kind, I'll gladly take it.
>>
>>58401370
If you're not some shitty pajeet you've already done hacking in one form or another.
Ever used social engineering? You 'hacked'.
Ever did a fun little SQL injection? You 'hacked'.
Ever exploited some system, even if just deleting browser cache to be able to vote again or something? You 'hacked'
>>
>>58402033
dude that looks so fucking cool not even fucking around right now god damn my dicks hard af
>>
>>58402712
http://wololo.net/2010/02/27/writing-a-binary-loader/
you do have a psp right this guide instructs you on how to write a stack buffer overflow for the psp. the psp has no aslr or nx so its the perfect noob system to practice on and with cfw you cant even brick the system. you will need a iso of a vulnerable game to practice on though.
>>
>>58401820
Where did this happen anon? Any news article or somethin? Quite curious.

>>58401370
Well I started reading a book about cryptology and made me interested, so I started out creating networks and tested vulnerablities n stuff.
>>
>>58401370
kali or black arch
>>
>>58403043
here is a guide using ppsspp http://forum.hackinformer.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=685
same idea but you dont need a system for this
>>
>>58401820
Imagine how bad the dad would be feeling after the incident
>>
File: CompSci_Core_BookList.jpg (625KB, 1134x1134px) Image search: [Google]
CompSci_Core_BookList.jpg
625KB, 1134x1134px
>>58401370
You read:

The Web Application Hacker's Handbook
Tangled Web: A Guide to Securing Modern Web Applications

Then you watch these:
http://howto.hackallthethings.com/2016/07/learning-exploitation-with-offensive.html

Then you go and buy a copy of Burp Suite and practice destroying old WordPress and other frameworks (you host yourself obviously).

Then you try https://microcorruption.com/login
Then you try http://cryptopals.com/

Congrats you qualify for employment as a Jr. Analyst with some security corp go apply to NCC Group or Crowdstrike or Sakurity
>>
>>58403341
>The Web Application Hacker's Handbook
I can vouch for this book its good also if you want to do pen testing on a home computer just use a vlan. link a bunch of vms together on your gaming machine and hack your own systems legally.
>>
>>58401608
This is a sfw board why would you post this....
>>
>>58401370
Install Gentoo
>>
>>58401370
Step 1: Install Gentoo
Step 2: Git gud
>>
Install Kali Linux
>>
Becoming a hacker by work isn't easy. Most people start interesting in these things and having fun on learning and some talent.
First thing you could do is using Linux. So install Linux and learn how to learn such things.
Maybe start cracking you neighbors wifi.
>>
>>58402705
Like I said, I laready knew about using the word hacker.
And really I don't really want to make money of it if one day I'm able to do it. I just want to learn the basics and hacks some wifi password and crash and modify some websites. Or even connect to another computer and get some info from, nothing more than that. Thanks for the advices m8
>>58402785
Yeah we did some SQL injection but only with websites we created ourselves so that doesn't really count but I know what you meant.
>>58403043
>>58403192
I have tons of PSPs, Bricked and functionning ones. I used to install CFs for my friends. The good old days. Thanks for the link, I'll try it.
>>58403341
Thanks a lot, that's exaclty what I searching for.
>>
>>58405070
>hacks some wifi password
>crash and modify some websites
>connect to another computer and get some info from
mother fucker just google it
>>
>>58403046
Pretty sure its Thailand, and the dad appears to be a cop
>>
>>58404528
i already met some stupid on 4chan but you are in top 3
>>
File: fuck_you.jpg (133KB, 960x945px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_you.jpg
133KB, 960x945px
Step 1) install blackbuntu
Step 2) install Kali linux
Step 3) install backtrack becaus Kali Linux is gay
Step 4) actually learn what fucking tools are available via Google and the query "penetration software"
Step 5) learn to fucking use a tool set and have a toolbox on hand
Step 6) you have not made it here. Stop reading and go back to do 1-5
Step 7) apply yourself
Step 8) fuck up a few times and blow it but probably make it out fine
Step 9) find jobs that want QA and report bugs for money
Step 10) give it up and go back to just programming because it pays more consistently and likely won't have you on a brittle legal status
Step 11) you didn't complete 1-5 still faggot
Step 12) ask google
>>
Books:
- Hacking the art of exploitation
- The basics of hacking and penetration testing

Maybe its better to start with really understanding computers and how they work, from the processor to RAM and motherboard and stuff. And binary.

After you've learned a bit about computers and understand it you can start with learning about 'hacking'. Search what it really means and what types of hackers there are and just the meaning of it.

After that you can go search for hacking techniques. And there are a lot! You should first learn therms like SQL injection (what you already said), DDoS, Malware(trojan, ransomware etc.) DNS spoofing and alot more.

Then start with getting used to linux if you arent already. Start with a simple linux system like Linux mint or Ubuntu. After that you can start with kali linux which has a lot of hacking tools. Or you can choose whatever penetration testing system you like.

And ofcourse, you have to learn how to apply these hacking techniques in whatever you want/need to do.
>>
>>58405959
and also there is a great site where i learned alot:
http://xeushack.com/
>>
>>58405070
>responds to copypasta

Wrong place friendo, you'd be better off on hackforums.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.