[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >still using bloatfox why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: firebloat_cropped.png (132KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
firebloat_cropped.png
132KB, 800x473px
>2017
>still using bloatfox
why
>>
Vivaldi FTW!
>>
>>58399414
i hate firefox, it leaks memory and performs so fucking bad i dont even know what to say
>have 50 tabs open, most are 4chan images and one youtube video
>3gb fucking ram used
>close firefox
>can still hear audio from youtube and ram usage is going up
>3.1gb
>3.2
>3.3
>eventually kill the process
still wont switch to chrome though, those google pajeet coders are probably operating with half their brain removed
>>
>>58399414
>2017
>using a browser
I only use wget to retrieve images from urls I have remembered. Web browsing is for jabronis
>>
>>58399478
>One of the things that makes Vivaldi unique is that it is built on modern web technologies. We use JavaScript and React to create the user interface with the help of Node.js and a long list of NPM modules. Vivaldi is the web built with the web.
Every time
>>
>>58399513
Eh, I actually think Firefox is alright even if it's only because it's the most riceable. The context on the screenshot is that I left a script running overnight on FF to scrape all the file metadata for every file off of a file hosting website. Kind of surprised it didn't just crash desu.
>>
>>58399513
>2017
>being a ramlet
>>
>>58399635
they dont sell ddr2 anymore
>>
>>58399520
How do you browse the 'chon?
>>
>>58399414
Give me a better option. I tried chromium for a while but I'm not sold.
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 720x145px)
Capture.png
8KB, 720x145px
>>58399414
>8 GB in 2017
Brah.
>>
>>58399739
Submit a query to see what post # /g/ is up to and wget the threads from there.
>>
Because google botnet and chromium apparently don't support multiple tabs. Why did they think that shrinking tabs instead of scrolling them was a good idea?
>>
>>58399513
You summed it up pretty well.

>Firefox is a fucking mess
>but Chrome is worse

I'm hoping Project Servo will actually lead to something. I'm still not sure if they're just rewriting parts of Firefox or if it's a new browser from scratch.
>>
>>58399905

Because autism enthusiasts like yourself have the tendency to open as many tabs as they can then crying about muh ram.

By shrinking them at some point you go like wait maybe i don't need 400 tabs, i can barely switch between them maybe i should close around 360 of them like a normal human being.
>>
File: ok.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>58399809
>>
>>58400009
>no it is the user that is wrong
Every time

I use Waterfox because of addons, only reason. Chrome simply doesn't support the ones I like
>>
>>58399513
>Using youtube in your browser
>2017
>>
>>58399414
I started having the same problem when I updated to the latest stable. It seems to be unrelated to the number of tabs open. I have to restart it regularly otherwise it becomes unresponsive.
I'll power through this version, but I think I'll go back to ESR next time, which never had a problem staying open for weeks with 500+ tabs open.
>>
>>58399568
Did you open every file on that server or what? Asking because there are ram effective ways to scrape metadata
>>
>>58399513
there's something wrong with the firefox linux port, shit should not be locking up for 10 seconds on an i7 with ssd
>>
>>58400425
what do you use and can i see screenshot
>>
>>58400927
https://github.com/rasguanabana/ytfs/
>>
>>58400651
I have an i3 with an ssd and it doesn't ever lock up. Flash is a problem with it so I disable it though. Flash is always a problem. All goes well until you have to install flash. I ended up using chromium for flash content which is hardly ever anymore.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.