[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /g/ when will this meme die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 3

File: gsycnfreesyncbanner-650x522.jpg (35KB, 650x522px) Image search: [Google]
gsycnfreesyncbanner-650x522.jpg
35KB, 650x522px
So /g/ when will this meme die?
>>
What do you mean? The G-Sync screen on my ASUS ROG laptop is great, it has less ghosting and motion blur than the LG IPS display on my desktop (connected via HDMI).
>>
>>58397685
When Nvidia finally stops jewing everyone and adopts Freesync (never ever)
>>
Advanced vertical synchronization (freesync/gsync) is awesome. The only people who say otherwise play continuously at 120hz or greater or are too poor/dumb to get a nice monitor. These are the people who have a gtx1070 with a 1080p 60hz monitor and say "muh downscaling" while refusing to admit that they wasted money on their gpu
>>
>>58397695
well no shit. Im guessing your monitor is a tn panel which is made to reduce ghosting and motion blur in general. Plus the synchronization wouldn't affect it anyways

>>58397744
I mean if you a monitor that is capable of 120 hz and windows vsync or windowed mode for applications then you'll get perfect framerate
>>
>>58397827
>vsync

yeah I could use vsync and cripple my gpu and introduce massive latency. or I could do neither of those and use gsync/freesync

vsync is garbage compared to gsync/freesync
>>
>>58397744
funny when people do down scaling for there cards they may get less aliasing in game. But in exchange the ui scaling is fucked up for both windows and in game
>>
>>58397874
freesync is garbage compared to g-sync too.
g-sync supports HDR and freesync doesn't.
>>
>>58397874
well I don't know about this but windows vsync or desktop composition gives me both a smooth framerate and no screen tearing. Not to mention the framerate isn't capped

>>58397890
ya looks like AMD got screwed there but freesync 2 is suppose to fix that
>>
>>58397896
>capped framerate
hardly anyone has hardware that will push beyond 142hz. if they do they should just get a higher resolution monitor. hardly anyone has a 1440p 144hz monitor. this is a rare circumstance

>well I don't know
no shit you don't. gsync/freesync does this too but without putting additional load on your gpu without introducing latency

>amd god screwed
they have only themselves to blame as they made freesync. nvidia did it better the first time around

>>58397890
>freesync is garbage
I know. that's why I got a predator x34
>>
>>58397685
When it stops being good.
>>
>>58397986
>without introducing latency
This is true for low framerate but if you get any higher than the refresh rate of the monitor then you will get higher input lag than vsync turned on
>>
>>58398056
then just cap framerate to just below that of your monitor's or tell gsync to turn off at that point. it isn't fucking rocket science
>>
>>58397685
When HDMI 2.1 releases and all HDMI 2.1 displays come with adaptive sync support via the new Game Mode VRR.
>>
>>58398128
do you even know how much of a pain that is to cap the framerate of the monitor. More importantly every game that is out there with directx 9/10/11/12, opengl, vulkan. Plus capping the framerate can induce other problems
>>
>>58398145
so what you would be saying is gsync and freesync will be outdated. Similar to how mantle was to. Pretty much prototypes for something better I hope
>>
>>58398146
then increase graphical fidelity. stay mad that you can't afford gsync or freesync and are stuck with vsync which is shit. you have to choose between screen tearing or lower framerates and latency
>>
>>58397685
Seriously, this was THE solution for getting judder-free 23.976fps video on PCs but M$ can't even make APIs to properly use adaptive sync.
>>
>>58398283
>so what you would be saying is gsync and freesync will be outdated.
Yes, because the same functionality will be provided by all HDMI 2.1 devices without need for Nvidia or AMD specific hardware (yes I know technically freesync could work on Nvidia cards if they weren't Jewish)
>>
>>58398288
well no I can afford it I just believe 144 hz + windows vsync will provide the best solution. While I cant speak certain that it will do the job perfectly, it has done the job so far just fine
>>
>>58398405
it does the job worse than gsync/freesync are you retarded? how is additional gpu workload and input lag better than no additional gpu workload and no input lag?

>hurr its bad when you go above your monitor's refresh rate
then just turn it off if you are always above your monitor's refresh rate. or cap framerate. or tell gsync to turn off at 142hz. I guess a google search is hard for you so I did it for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8bFWk61KWA
>>
>>58398146
It's literally one click in my nvidia control panel to cap the framerate, even application specific settings are supported.
>>
>>58398484
obviously having extra gpu overhead and input lag isn't great. Though using windows plus a higher refresh rate will minimize the problems created from vsync to the minimal.

>>58398540
usually this works fine but a lot of cases the application doesn't go through with it. Although windowed mode might have something to do with it
>>
>>58398650
Of course a framerate cap doesn't work in windowed mode because your windows framerate setting still applies. Exclusive full screen if you'd like to cap the FPS.
>>
Never
>>
>>58398738
well shit how am I suppose to multitask if I need exclusive full screen. Without suffering the penalties of fullscreen
>>
>>58397685
Whats the point of meme-sync anyway? Just get a 144hz moniter and turn off any meme-syncs, you won't notice any tear that were on 60hz and you won't get the lag from the meme-syncs.
>>
>>58398829
Get a second monitor perhaps?
>>
>>58398876
Yes you will as your screen may be in the middle of updating when your GPU finished rendering a new frame.

It doesn't matter if your gpu is slow or fast, if it can't precisely match your screens update interval you will get tearing as some updates will display part of the last and part of the current frame
>>
>>58399057
you still need to leave the game in order to gain control of your mouse on the desktop. Although I could be wrong about that
>>
>>58399136
Borderless fullscreen.
>>
>>58399152
you do realize thats just windowed mode in fullscreen of the monitor
>>
>>58399309
When you play a game in borderless fullscreen, you can gain control of your mouse on the desktop (on the other screen) without leaving the game.
>>
>>58399343
yes but the point of fullscreen is that you can cap the framerate via driver control panel. So as to play games in gsync without losing gsync due to excessive framerate. Which to be honest would be better solved by having more hertz and playing in windowed mode or just using adaptive/free/gsync sync and calling it a day
>>
>>58399373
or you could calm the fuck down and just play your damn game. when you have to do something save progress and close game. or just play games that let you alt+tab. but I think you have crippling autism so there is no solution that will please you
>>
>>58399502
what are you even on about. Im just trying to figure out a solution to this problem. Yes most games let you alt-tab, but most games also have long delays or other problems when alt-tabbing from fullscreen mode
>>
gsync owner here. after owning one for a few months now i can easily say i don't understand the hype. i never really noticed tearing in the first place so meh. only thing that impresses me the most is going from 1080p to 1440p and the pwm backlight free display.
>>
>>58399714
I noticed the absence of tearing. I have a predator x34 and I'm not sold on ips monitors at all. the bump in resolution is great along with the increased framerate and 21:9 aspect ratio. maybe the colors are better but I don't do any color sensitive work. maybe the viewing angles are better but my old trusty tn panel had good viewing angles and its not like I'm ever going to be anywhere other than right in front of my monitor when using my computer.
>>
>>58399612
your problem is not the problem. It's how you're coping with it that is the problem.
>>
adaptive refresh rates are a godsend for emulation and videos
>>
Freesync has already won
>>
>gpu only supports 60hz
>monitor only supports 50hz
>i learn to live with it because my laziness of fixing the issue overcomes my ocd by a huge margin
>>
freesync here. huge difference in games.
>>
>>58398283
>>58398145
Adaptive sync is just VESA's name for Freesync. Gsync already lost this and ppl still buying these monitors are just like those idiots in 2007 who bought HDDVD
>>
Why do ppl here say FreeSync is shit?
>>
>>58401928
>Adaptive sync is just VESA's name for Freesync.
It's the other way, you dumb amdrone.
>>
>>58398128
Gsync automatically turns off at 143fps for me
>>
>>58398405
Well duh, if you have a constant fps that matches your refresh rate then gsync/freesync is useless
Which is why they automatically turn off when this happens
>>
>>58398829
Gsync supports windowed full screen, which means it supports multi monitor
>>
>>58399136
You are wrong
>>
I never really followed this meme, but basically you have to buy a monitor matching your graphics card and vice versa?
>>
>>58401928
>>58402623
you both are stupid

the tech is called adaptive sync and has been there for many years already in laptops.

freesync is amd's solution of a scaler quality standard to support it on desktop pc's
>>
G-SYNC is awesome
You should buy G-SYNC monitor and try it to see difference

AMD make fake one as usual
You have to be careful not to buy the Freesync instead
>>
>>58402755
Thanks to nvidia as usual. They refuse to support displayport adaptive sync features.

'freesync' isn't a AMD thing, it's just what they branded their support for the open format.
>>
>>58402968
Lower the crack usage, nigga
>>
>>58402999
you can only call nigga your father who you've never met
>>
>>58402998
Well, since we don't have a lot of players in the market, that open standard might still be rather vendor-specific.

Does Intel support FreeSync?
>>
144hz running @120hz with ghosting reduced and capped frames rates at 119 in borderless fullscreen. No tearing even at 30fps at most mini stuttering, but i can live with that until we get a better solution
>>
>>58403071
Tearing is not stuttering, gsync won't save you from a shittily optimized game
>>
>>58403060
>Does Intel support FreeSync?
They said they would, like 3 years ago. But given how long intel's product pipeline is, this might not end up happening.
>>
>>58403077
My point about 0 tearing still stands. Just dont buy meme ips monitors for gaming, but decent ones with tn panels and no need for gsync or freesync.
>but muh ips colours
buy a 2nd ips monitor for that, Jesus. It will cost the same
>>
>>58403134
But gsync isn't for 120fps@120hz, you're making the exact situation where adaptice sync is useless
It's for when you're getting 20-143fps on your 144hz screen and you don't want to cap fps, alter refresh rate or adjust game settings, but still want no screen tearing
>>
File: clapping intensifies.jpg (15KB, 519x54px) Image search: [Google]
clapping intensifies.jpg
15KB, 519x54px
>>58397685
pic related from the interview with Raja

http://videocardz.com/65531/pcworld-interviews-raja-koduri-about-vega
>>
Pointless, tearing is negligible at 144hz. Best to just get whatever is the cheapest 144hz 1ms monitor you find.
>>
>>58403160
>not limiting frames with RivaTuner
>GPU at 100% all the time
I bet you set your GPU fans at 100 speed
With my xl2411 @120hz I dont see any tearing at low fps as well, so why pay nvidia for something I dont literally need?
>>
>>58403306
What fps are you getting at 120hz?
Because I don't get any tearing in my desktop running at any of my refresh rate settings
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>58403306
Did I not just say it's not for people who are already getting fps=Hz?
>>
>>58403318
My fps is capped at 120. My fps varries from game to game I can get as low as 35 on some of CPU intensive or just crappy optimized games with no tearing. But I have to say that I did use Blurbusters Strobe Utility to configure my monitor.
>>
>>58403329
Literally said I have no tearing at low FPS only micro stuttering sometimes
>>
>>58403366
Blurbuster is shit for calibrating anything, it's good for showing you what kind of monitor technology you're using but that's it
Also you are getting tearing, you are. It'll become visible someday maybe, if it doesn't then don't buy gsync because then it'll get really noticable when you're not using it
>>
>>58403366
>I used the blurbusters strobe utility to configure my monitor
>I watched a shitty website animated GUI while fucking with my settings so I made gsync obselete
>>
>>58403389
>>58403428
Nvidia shills mad because I get no tearing without baying nvidia tax. Stay mad
>>
>>58403447
paying*
>>
>>58403447
Freesync exists too you know
And you are getting tearing, I don't know why you're acting like its a subjective phenomenon
>>
>>58403447
I use freesync with muh 480
You never know how much you're losing to display bullshit until you fix the issue
>>
>>58403466
>implying you cant get tearing free gameplay without gsync or freesync
No thanks, I will buy my next monitor when 4k 144hz is possible
>>
>>58403491
But you can't at those fps and refresh rate
If you're getting 50fps on a 120hz screen, you're getting a tear every 3 frames. Whether or not you can see it is your deal.
The only way to avoid tearing without adaptive sync is vsync, or 1/2 vsync or whatever you choose
>>
>>58397685
It's not a meme, a-sync is just the next step.
A screen should not control how the GPU renders, the GPU should control the screen.
>>
>>58403744
That's what adaptive sync (gsync and freesync) does you dip
>>
>>58403769
>can't read
k
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.