[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Laptop Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

What do you think for a "programming use"?
ThinkPad E560 P/N: 20EV000YIX
>>
E series is garbage, buy an x220
>>
it looks like an old style pc... I try to find a clean looks pc, what do you think about dell as programming pc?
>>
>tfw when every laptop that gets discussed on here is out of your price range at any half decent spec
>>
What is the best price range for a programming pc?
>>
Any with core i3/i5/i7 6/7th gen and 4Gb of RAM. Or 16 Gb if you program on Java.
>>
http://www.lappylist.com/laptops/best-programming-laptops/
I found this online, but idk if it's right
>>
Have a T450s. A bit expensive but well specced and comfy to use.

>>58393876
Would have this but too small imo
>>
>>58394125
What about Dell?
>>
>>58393846
Any laptop can have a programming use. What you really need to decide is what kind of niche it will fill. Is this going to be your only computer in the house, the one you're going to be compiling large programs on? Then you might think about something with lots of RAM and a good non-throttling CPU with a large screen. But if you have a desktop that you can do the heavy lifting on, or you're only going to be writing scripts and web pages or just write lightweight bits of code, a simple chromebook is good enough.

Another consideration is the screen size, resolution, and display quality. If you're not going to hook it up to a monitor, consider a laptop with a lot of vertical space, or a larger screen if your budget doesn't let you go for anything besides 16:9.
>>
>>58393846
>>58393952

ok real talk how do you price a laptop? I've never understood what a good price to performance for them is.
>>
>>58393846
THINKPAD T60
H
I
N
K
P
A
D

T
>>
You can program with a fucking onion.
>>
>>58393846
best ergomics and input for programming: w520
best screen: frankenpad or maybe a surface book.
anything else is second grade. newer thinkpads are still in high tier, but no longer god tier.
>>
>>58393991
>http://www.lappylist.com/laptops/best-programming-laptops/
turbowrong. C# and C++ have massive market share and macbook is the best machine for programming? even though it has glare and bad keytravel which is SUPER unfriendly for long work hours, even illegal in some countries? wrong on that account at the very least. many of these seem to have warped priorities. But you know your priorities best. I'd always prioritize keyboard for programming. aspect ratio and general screen specs are important too, matte IPS is essential.
>>
File: 20170102_040233.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170102_040233.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>58396304
Can you tell me more about it senpai?
>pic related
>>
>>58393846
I have a discount on hp products, what are some good hp laptops? Budget is maybe 1.5k. I will be using it for making and playing games so a nice GPU is required.
>>
>>58397536
I have used a high end think pad and thought it was a really nice laptop, would it still be better to get a think pad than a hp laptop even with the discount?
>>
GUYS I need help!! I am in college and my old laptop just shit out on me. I need a new one for a good price (anything in between 300-600?). I use solidworks a lot but what are you guys' recommendation? It doesn't have to be in budget just tell me everything.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.