[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>$250 Is it worth the money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 9

>$250

Is it worth the money?
>>
File: 1483504756879.gif (708KB, 265x228px) Image search: [Google]
1483504756879.gif
708KB, 265x228px
>>58389970
>locked down hardware that can only play gaymes
you tell me
>>
>>58389970
probably worth it for monster hunter. that was my justification for the wii u at least but ended up getting cucked because they only released mh3u (babbies first mh)
>>
>>58389970
It may be a flop like the wii u. But $250 is a good deal.
>>
>>58389970
>>>/v/
>>
Get an Nvidia Shield instead. Same hardware but $200 and non-shit OS.
>>
>>58390750
Better idea.
>>
>>58390750

Shield is probably more powerful, but it'll only runs lagdroid games.

Switch can play Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Smash Bros etc
>>
For zelda
>>
>>58390778
>Switch can play Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Smash Bros etc
The only pokemon games it's gonna have aren't going to be the main series rpgs. Also, Smash is on the 3DS too.
>>
absolutely not
>>
>>58390778
It can run Dolphin and PPSSPP so you can play FU, 3G and Tri

And we all know FU is still the best MH to date except 4U, which wont be on the Switch either.
>>
>>58390797
>Also, Smash is on the 3DS too.

The shitty version.

Switch will run the Wii U version and pretty much every other Wii U game.
>>
>>58389970
>No disc drive
>Can't play gamecube or Wii/WiiU games
>Probably an absolute cunt to get homebrew on

Nope. Gonna buy a used WiiU when the Switch comes out and the price drops, then install a bunch of games on it.

Alternatively just a regular Wii because I know homebrew is easy as piss for that.
>>
>>58389970
Yes
>>
>But the big surprise from our perspective was the extent to which Nintendo has down-clocked the GPU to hit its thermal and battery life targets," Digital Foundry said. "That's not a typo: it really is 307.2MHz--meaning that in portable mode, Switch runs at exactly 40 percent of the clockspeed of the fully docked device."

Lol enjoy your $250 3DS.
>>
>>58391062
>$250 3DS with a 720p screen that can be docked to play on a TV at 1080p
That's not a bad deal at all.
>>
>>58389970
More expensive Sheild tablet with fewer features.
>>
>>58390797
The entire point of the Switch is to eliminate the handheld/console divide.

I guarantee you the next Pokemon game will at least have a port on Switch.
>>
>>58390623
It'll get hacked like 15 minutes from launch.
>>
>>58390797
Sun/Moon are suspected to get a release on the Switch, the 3DS version has a few unnecessarily high-def models and textures that accidentally got included.
>>
>>58391035
You can do all the Wii homebrew on Wii U's virtual Wii.
>>
>>58389970
what the fuck is that supposed to be.
the design is disgusting.
>>
I'm getting one but it'll likely be my last games console ever purchased.

Getting too old for that shit now at thirty-one.
>>
>>58391218
>>58391250

pokemon stars
>>
Not really, but I might buy it.
Fuck off back to >>>/v/.
>>
Yes. It's guaranteed to have better games than any handheld ever created.
>>
>>58391092
This, a thousand times this.
I don't give a fuck about graphics, all I want is for it to have good game and for it to feel good to play on.
>>
File: Open_fb861d_6122603.jpg (42KB, 720x550px) Image search: [Google]
Open_fb861d_6122603.jpg
42KB, 720x550px
>>58389970
It's going to flop like the Wii U. The hardware is only going to be as powerful as the PS3. Nintendo has little third party support. Nintendo is better off going third party. They make good games (usually), but they are better off putting Mario and Zelda on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Nintendo hasn't had a top selling console (that wasn't a gimmick) since they did illegal things to ensure they were on top.
>>
>>58392371

All your claims have been thoroughly debunked.

Mario Run proves that people on phones don't want to pay for Nintendo games.

Pokemon Go made sales for the 3DS jump like never before proving that people don't like being limited to a phone screen.

Nintendo doesn't make gimmicks, they innovate successfully. The so-called gimmick (motion control) you're refering to has become the standard form of control on all controllers and enabled vr to finally be viable
>>
File: 1478643714908.jpg (17KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
1478643714908.jpg
17KB, 400x327px
No games
>>
>>58392451
Mario Run wasn't that good, so yea I wouldn't wana pay for it.

3DS sales likely jumped largely because of Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Motion Control is still a gimmick, same with VR. It won't go anywhere for a while.
>>
>>58389970
I'm buying it just for stardew valley and hopefully a pokemon game, finger crossed stardew somehow lets me transfer my gamesave
>>
>>58389970
370$ more realistic
>>
>>58390778
>what is emulation
>>
>>58389970
I would pay 300 for it. Probably will buy it at launch if there is a game i want.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>58392303
and you will get a "good game". Another Mario or Zelda rehash.
>>
>>58389970
Yes, I hope Nintendo doesn't die
>>
>Maxwell
ABSOLUTE PIECE OF GARBAGE

>Pascal
May actually be worth it
>>
>>58394012

>muh meme names
>muh I know better than Nvidia

CES showed us that the new Nvidia chips in the Shield that will also be in the Switch can easily do 4k HDR gaming
>>
>>58394012
>Nintendo
>Using cutting-edge technology
>Ever

I've got bad news, anon...
>>
>>58394040
>Implying that graphics are my main concern
Enjoy your always-on fans and shitty battery life, faggot
>>
Yes, when I first saw the device I said to myself "cool but I'm not spending $250 for it". I'm glad that Nintendo is jewing people over. I have no interest in buying a ps4 or xbone because I already have a PC but I can def see myself buying the switch.

Too bad that they missed the holiday season.
>>
>>58391035
>Disc Drive
Streaming is easier for movies and I like cartridges more than disc or downloading for games because you don't have to worry about install times and you get quicker loading times.
>>
>>58391035
>>No disc drive

This is a weak argument in 2017
Optical is deprecated
>>
>>58394267
You have the same mindset of a Valvedrone. Enjoy losing access to your rented games when the company no longer exists.
>>
>>58394315
The switch uses cartridges
>>
>>58394076

>needing battery life on a home console

What planet are you from?
>>
>>58394315
Nobody is buying optical media but old people buying movies and console plebes. Blu-ray (4k) is dead, DVD is dead. It's all Streaming, accept it.

In a few years, everyone will be streaming.
>>
>>58394538
I forgot hoarders, hoarders are against the future. "Enjoy losing access to your rented games" is a sign of a media hoarder.

Logically. How long to you play a game for total? A month or so before you move on to the next one? How often do you go back and play it? Hardly ever, so what is the point in "owning" it?
>>
>>58389970
>Is it worth the money?
no
>>
>>58391537
>Getting too old for that shit now at thirty-one.
yeah you should move to PC gaming
>>
I'm primarily interested in one game, Dragon Quest 11. So which has better graphics, switch or ps4?
>>
>>58394679
PS4. Switch will be a generation behind like all their systems.
>>
>>58394706
Thanks that helps. Although Zelda still complicates the choice.
>>
>>58394538
>>58394614
Hoarder that consumes too much media here, the streaming future can fuck off for all I care. I do replay games, reread books, rewatch anime, etc. The streaming future is already here, but there is some resistance.
>>
>>58394315
what the fuck are you on about?????

I'd rather have a fast flash cartridge than outdated optical drives, I didn't say a thing about renting you doofus. besides a cartridge lasts longer than a disc if you want to make that argument. get rekt
>>
>>58394868
What is the point in replaying games, rereading books and re-watching Movies and TV shows? Nothing is going to change. Sounds like autistic obsession to me.
>>
>>58395048
>What is the point in replaying games, rereading books and re-watching Movies and TV shows? Nothing is going to change.
Autist detected.
>>
>>58392549
>Motion Control is still a gimmick

That must be why every PC and console controller since has incorporated it
>>
>>58389970
I wish it was just strictly a portable, but I'd pay $250 for it if the starting lineup is half decent
>>
>>58390750

Can it run smashbrothers? Mariokart?
Or are we stuck with Fighting Slapfest Foundation and Tuxkart?
>>
>>58395178
What are you talking about, my Xbox one controller has nothing of the sort.
>>
>>58395178
>Gyroscopes are considered motion control
>>
This is a no-brainer. Obviously a day 1 buy!
>>
>>58389970
it's my only option to play 768p HD dog fucking simulator so yes
>>
>>58394614
>5 rupees have been deposited into your account. Thank you for your business!
>>
>>58395048
Nigga what?
The material does not change but you do. You have passed through a lot of experiences(at least when it comes to consuming media or learning) and the you that consumed said content back then is not the same as the you right now. For example, you might wish to replay an old RPG you barely passed without knowing shit. The you from now might wish to take a different route, use your accumulated knowledge and have a whole new experience. Even if you do 100% remember everything from the game, you can take some new things out of it. Of course, it's not limited to games, your favorite vietnamesse moving caricature might have have something new as well. Maybe your tastes changed and the character you initially disliked is seen in a whole new light, etc.
tl;dr things might change and autism is everywhere.
>>
>>58395555
>5
>>
>>58394217
not to mention in a few months there will be a hundred or so dollar clash cart for the thing.

Thats one of the reasons I love cartridges, easy to make hardware to pirate
>>
>>58394924
a burnt disc perhaps, but not a retail one unless you scratch the hell out of the discs.
>>
>>58393518
less then 250 in japan.
>>
>>58389970
>needing a console
>when you could get a computer and controller and connect them to a TV
>>
>>58395209
then they would split their dev teams yet again.

This time, all development teams are on one unified piece of hardware.

mobile games at home, how many of us wanted pokemon on a real console, and gaming on the go, again how many of us have to travel or commute and would much rather play a real game and not a cellphone piece of shit?
>>
>>58390840
>Switch will run the Wii U version and pretty much every other Wii U game.
if they port it to it.

granted, seeing as they are going to drop 3ds support soon, like life like how the ds was not going to replace game boy advance
>>
>>58389970
if you like the games and are not a poorfag then yes, otherwise, no
>>
>>58393918
name the platformers that are better?
also name the zenda like games that are better than zelda? darksouls is a logical advancement, but it also is not a game that I play that has a zelda like experience
>>
>>58389970
YES
>>
>>58394047
you only know nintendo's recent history, not their full one do you?
>>
>The Console isn't actually a Console but a charging port

"no"
>>
>>58394727
>Thanks that helps. Although Zelda still complicates the choice.
looks like its going to be an open world survival game.
>>
>>58390715
>>>/vg/
>>58389970
>>
>>58389970
This isn't /vg/ you NEET!
>>
>>58389970

Just wait for the inevitable desperate panicked price cut.
>>
>>58389970

Maybe in 2 years when it actually has games, otherwise have fun waiting every 6 months for a good quality game like when the Wii launched.
>>
>>58389970
I'll wait until it's hacked then get all the games for free.
>>
>>58395357

Shows how dumb you are

>buying an Xbox One
>>
>>58390813
>Dolphin and PPSSPP
>pirating
>>
>>58389970
>>>/v/
>>
>>58390667
>$250 is a good deal.
For a flop?
Hey, it's a waste of money but at least it's cheap
>>
>>58391035
Homebrew is easy as piss on Wii U and 3ds as well.

https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/4:-Installing-redNAND-with-Mocha-CFW
>>
I am considering getting it, it's a pretty good concept and seems like it's gonna have a good price. I am trying to save up some money for other things so I am not sure if I should get one or not.
Gonna watch the conference on the 12th.
>>
>>58397856
Not if you already own the game
>>
>>58389970
if its tegra x1 based its going to be horseshit in the same league with the wii and wii u

If its tegra x2 based it will be around xbox one launch levels which wasnt really up to scratch 4 years ago
>>
>>58395454
Shill harder
>>
>>58399544
>tegra x2
I bet they will use Maxwell. They have shit timing in developing in given how good the efficiency gains were going to be from 28nm to 16nm/14nm. Both Polaris and Pascal are pretty neat in that category.
Handhelds are officially dead, but a device with an AMD SoC running Zen and HBM2 might have been cool too.
>>
>>58399690
>but a device with an AMD SoC running Zen and HBM2 might have been cool too.
in our dreams

That ship sailed long ago

if Nintendoh are still around by 202x maybe that will happen
>>
>>58389970
Was Wii worth that money you fucking retard?
>>
>>58399913
>Have fun with your friends and family

Yeah I guess.
>>
If they ported skyrim then why not fallout?
>>
>>58396017
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_rot
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69010155

Get double rekt
>>
>>58390813
But ppsspp is still a graphic error infested shit mess. I can't play me and my katamari and it's been years
>>
>>58389970
It kills me inside.... They iced the Shield Tablet 2, for this........
>>
After the Wii U I really don't feel like getting this one. The idea of having a more powerful portable console is good and all, but games are what make consoles great and frankly the Wii U was really fucking lacking on that department.

Hell I was thinking of grabbing a PS4 instead, but it still has only a handful of games, like bloodborne or NieR 2 which is going to be released on PC anyways.
>>
>>58389970

I'd still buy another Vive over the switch
>>
It's a fucking Nvidia switch - minus free and useful OS +Nintendo games.

The reveal trailer looked good but seeing that it will be this weak it's pretty doa. They're a generation behind again, almost 2 at this point. It's less than half as powerful as a PS4 in docked mode, so 1/4th of PS4 pro.

Third party will be non existant outside of mobile ports, since this is essentially a android tablet. Skyrim isn't even confirmed.

One can only hope skyrim and Nintendo exclusives are ported to Android as this flops, it should be easy. Nintendo should make games for phones and sell a Bluetooth controller.

Also no way I'm paying the $50 full price for games(that never go on sale) on this weak thing.
>>
>>58402289
>It's a fucking Nvidia switch - minus free and useful OS +Nintendo games.
.... not using android is a good thing you retard. They are gonna have a much much lower of optimization and better API to work with. It will greatly outperform a shield.
>that it will be this weak it's pretty doa.
3ds is abysmally weak, and it is the best selling this gen. A hybrid console from Nintendo will regardless of if it is good or not.

>It's less than half as powerful as a PS4 in docked mode, so 1/4th of PS4 pro.
The ps4 is not a tablet, what are you trying to prove?
>One can only hope skyrim and Nintendo exclusives are ported to Android as this flops,
That's not how this works. and it will not flop anyway.

>Nintendo should make games for phones and sell a Bluetooth controller.
They make much more money this way.

>Also no way I'm paying the $50 full price for games(that never go on sale) on this weak thing.
This is nintendo we are talking about m8. shit will be hacked by the end of the direct announcement.
>>
>>58402439
>not using the best mobile OS is a good thing
Again, Android gives you tons of emulation options for almost every platform
>>58390813
>>58393576
And also supports android games, though there are less than 10 worth playing. Still,
>more games
>more software
>cheaper
It's an obvious winner.
>>
>>58402861
>Again, Android gives you tons of emulation options for almost every platform
A game running natively on android will run much shittier than it would on a switch. Even if it had identical hardware.
>>
>>58396057
this
>>
>>58390623
The waitress in that episode was really cute, love her name too, Celestina.
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=OKwr4dgNIe8
>>
>>58402289
If you don't like it, don't buy it. But don't lie: Nintendo's online store has great sales all the time. Their summer sale was better than the Steam sale ffs. They had their best games on sale, while Steam had hipster bullshit.
>>
>>58390797
>The only pokemon games it's gonna have aren't going to be the main series rpgs.

He hasn't heard of Stars
>>
>>58402071

This already has more games than the total WiiU library coming out in the first 6 months.
>>
>PS4 $399 can't play games in 4K HDR
>XBONE $399 can't play games in 4K HDR

Nintendo Switch $249 plays games in 4K HDR and can be used on the go

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/04/nvidia-unveils-a-new-shield-tv-with-4k-hdr/
>>
>>58390623
Gordon is my husbando
>>
>>58390623
>can only play gaymes

WiiU has an excellent browser
>>
>>58397856
>It's impossible to dump your own games

Everybody point and laugh at the idiot.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.