[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what happened to this project and why did it die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 11442270.png (16KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
11442270.png
16KB, 460x460px
So, what happened to this project and why did it die?
>>
File: standards.png (24KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
standards.png
24KB, 500x283px
Which one was this?
>>
>>58389332
lo/g/os
>>
>>58389345
Ah another linux distro!

Yea that community needs more fracturing, and entire new distros to solve the problem of people having to type yum install or yum uninstall when they first set up their env
>>
>>58389366
I was more intrested in the ricing tool they were developing as a side project
>>
>>58389387
Well ricing tools are inherently uselss. Most people use linux for real work and wasting time making it look pretty while taking away functionality (im talking about you, retarded terminal working directory prefixes) wont gather traction from anyone but faggots
>>
>>58389407
Style before substance
>>
>>58389420
Get back to me after you impress someone with your cool terminal font colors.
>>
>>58389439
you can impress plenty of people. the point is impressing someone that actually matters
>>
well at least the logo is nice.
>>
File: doge (9).jpg (135KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
doge (9).jpg
135KB, 640x426px
>>58389315
I thought it was done? Atleast the logo.
>>
>>58389387
The ricing tools never got started They only just got past agreeing to use i3.
>>
They were all unfriendly, no cooperation
>>
>>58389315
Here is the old Github:

https://github.com/install-logos/logos
>>
anyone post the magnet link to last build
>>
>>58389559
Not true - more like incompetent. They were all ok with pulling existing arch packages together, but when it came to actually writing some code, no-one stepped forward.
>>
>>58389626
I'll bet some of them wrote something but was embarrassed to show it.
>>
>>58389315
It looks done to me, except the background should be transparent.
>>
>>58389767
Majority of the hours spent on this project went to deciding whether the background should be opaque white or transparent.
There is a pull request for the transparency that is still unapproved.
>>
>>58389315
All the other answers ITT are wrong. The real reason is that the logo is done, so there is nothing more the average /g/ poster can contribute.
>>
File: logos(ji).png (47KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
logos(ji).png
47KB, 1920x1080px
>>58389315
nobody worked on anything except shitty logos and the actual product was shitty and borkd
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.