[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retrolink Classic Controllers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

How are these? Are they worth getting? The price is good and the LED variants look pretty awesome. Anyone has any experience setting these up and using them? Thinking of getting either the Gamecube on or the SNES one.
>>
>>58385843

1. They're fucking shit. Don't waste your money

2. >>>/v/ or >>>/vr/
>>
>>58385843
If you already have a GameCube controller just buy the mayflash adapter to use it on PC/Wii U. As for SNES, you should get the Buffalo SNES controller. This is honestly a thread you should have made on /v/ or /vr/
>>
>>58385843
>gaymen

Grow the fuck up, manchild
>>
>>58385865
I don't have any controllers at the moment. My New 3DS is hacked and can be used as a controller on the PC but via Internet connection, and mine is rather shitty so it's not worth using most of the time. Kind of want to buy the current gen controllers but these are 1/2 or even 1/3 the price of those.

I just want to know if they work for non-emulation games. Do they use DirectInput or XInput? I mainly play indie 2D platformers and I don't use Steam.
>>
>>58385951
The buffalo SNES controller is D-input I believe
>>
I have a retrolink NES controller that I use for my Rasp Pi. The input is just generic joystick input or Dinput or whatever. These controllers can work with games that support that kind of input.

Also, don't be a fucking moron, ask anything gaming related on >>>/v/ or >>>/vr/.
>>
>>58386089
Can X360CE be used to overcome this? Making DInput gamepads usable for games that require XInput?
>>
>>58386114
Yes
>>
just buy an official GC controller and the official wii u usb adapter, it's supported by dolphin natively with nearly 1:1 performance
>>
>>58386139
I can use it in modern games too, not just Dolphin emulated games right? And with X360CE for XInput.
>>
im also curious about these. The gamecube controller was the most comfortable fucking thing ever created for a human hand.

anyone try them out yet?
>>
>>58385843
I have a buffalo SNES clone which just werks with every emulator I've tried on Linux.
>>
>>58386114
Same anon from >>58386089

Yes it can, and in the case of the gamecube controller that's what you definitely need to play any non-emulated PC game.

I can understand the SNES controller being used for platform games and the like, but why do you want the gamecube controller as well? Are you trying to mimic the feel of smash bros while playing Rivals or Aether or Brawlhalla?
>>
>>58386197
Because it has an analog stick which might be necessary for games that require aiming. I original thought that maybe the SNES one is enough but then I remembered some modern games might require an analog stick as well. I like the LED SNES one more because it can change the lights' colours and turn them off though. Not sure if I'd need the analog stick that much.....
>>
>>58386221
I can play most Playstation games with the SNES controller, but the turbo and clear buttons are not programmable so you're stuck without R2 and L2 in addition to analog.
>>
>>58386221
I personally recommend that you use an xbox controller. Literal plug and play support, good ergonomics for any game, and it has the same layout as a gamecube controller to an extent. Gamecube controllers are really lame when it comes to really any other title that isn't Smash, but that's pure opinion.

Although if you are able to, go for a real gamecube controller and get yourself a mayflash or the wii u adaptor just for the fact that it is the real deal.
>>
>>58386257
These are very good for emulation. You can buy Chinese knockoff wireless USB receivers for like $5 bucks.
>>
>>58386257
Out of all of the 8th gen controllers I rate them as Xbone > Wii U Pro > DS4. I actually like the clickiness of the Xbone and it is hassle-free in terms of setting up and has the best compatibility. Though it uses AA batteries so in addition to playing $35 to get it I'll have to get more batteries eventually or buy rechargable ones with the charging tool.

These are less than half the price and the software to overcome compatibility issues are free and work quite well too. And I'd feel better about buying the modern controllers if I actually play these modern 3D games, but I don't. Also the Gamecube Controller has the same analog stick layout as the Xbox controllers, which I like, so that's a plus.
>>
>>58386276
These are USB controllers so you don't even need wireless USB receivers.
>>
Just get the ones Logitech have, they have a built-in DirectInput and XInput toggle.
>>
>>58386893
Those look like hot garbage.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.