[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: dddddddddddddddddddddddddd.png (6KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
dddddddddddddddddddddddddd.png
6KB, 301x301px
is it possible to reverse a bcrypt encryption to get the password out of the salt and hash the has is below if you want to give it a go

$2y$06$QqEiOPH2IoWseGJ5UOOeAOXiIQHCR6Kq43.dwvIUT0mod0GyismcC
>>
>>58385552
>is it possible to reverse a bcrypt encryption to get the password out of the salt and has

I imagine the only way to do so is to bruteforce it. AKA no
>>
>>58385552
You must be 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>58385552
Yes, it's possible if you're willing to wait long enough or have a good enough guess about the password contents
>>
>>58385581
it's much faster and less complex to trick someone with the relevant data into revealing it to you. if you're trying to hack into someone's account, trust me, the smart tactic is to make the account-holder think they're entering their password into a genuine page.
>>
>>58385552
Fuck off NSA
>>
>>58385602
>side channel and social attacks are more effective than trying to break the cryptography
revolutionary advice
>>
>>58385602
>t. Boris the Botnet Manager
>>
Have you tried test
>>
>>58385689
it needs to be said when most of the "how do i get access to someone else's account???" threads are asking for clever hacks to break the defenses of some hardened target like facebook or google. people on /g/ seem to have a terminal case of not being able to see the forest for the trees.

if you want to get at unencrypted text, trick the guy who made the text into telling you the text he encrypted. it's not just more doable because breaking encryption by brute-force would take centuries; it's actually objectively doable.
>>
>>58386057
>"how do i get access to someone else's account???" threads
Why give advice to them at all? No shit social engineering is going to be the easiest way to get into, but derailing threads like these into crypto nerd fantasies is the only way to at least get use out of them while simultaneously not helping the OP
>>
>>58385552
use dictionary based bruteforce attacks, you should be able to write a python script to automate this in under 2 hours
>>
>>58386292
if you want to have another conversation, make a new thread. this isn't some retarded phpbb forum where newfags like you have to lurk for a while before you can do that.

if you're so annoyed with this shit that you don't want to talk about the OP's question at all, just report it, or hide it, or both.
>>
>how do I hak the ganoo leenucks
>>
>>58387049
>newfags like you have
I've been on /g/ for a good 7 or 8 years

>just report it, or hide it, or both.
My front page already only contains about 1 or 2 threads per refresh on average just from filtering the shitty generals, you want me to reduce this further? come on
>>
>>58387152
>8 years
You are like a little baby.
>>
>>58387152
>I've been on /g/ for a good 7 or 8 years
sure thing, robot koi

>front page is 1 or 2 threads per page
in principle, at what point do you determine that your interests don't overlap with a forum you're on, and leave? i'm not saying you should leave — i'm assuming you haven't exhausted the option of starting more conversations that you care about — but at some point you should consider leaving. otherwise you're just subjecting yourself to a shitty experience.
>>
>>58385552
Yes, like any other password hashing function - but bcrypt, scrypt, and Argon2i/Argon2d take quite a bit more effort than other salted functions.

You can still crack it with a dictionary attack or brute force attack if the password is weak. John the Ripper and its GPU-based progeny will still do the job there.

You can't use rainbow tables, because all the decent functions are salted. That's reserved for idiots still using unsalted hashes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.