[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone good with linux? whats the easiest way to trasnfer my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: linux.jpg (214KB, 998x679px) Image search: [Google]
linux.jpg
214KB, 998x679px
anyone good with linux?

whats the easiest way to trasnfer my music folder from my desktop HDD to my laptop HDD?

using arch btw
>>
>install gentoo

a flash drive
>>
Google Drive
>>
>>58378095
Rsync, if you want a GUI software try Dukto.
>>
scp
>>
>>58378095
set up a samba share on laptop and copy the files in file explorer.
>>
>>58378095
scp -r opisafag@desktop:/op/home/Music/GayVibesCompilation/ ~/Music/
>>
hello,

work in this field, I would like to remind users gnu linux is not a consumer OS! it is used in specialized areas of computing i.e. supercomputers, enterprise, certain areas of software development, networking and storage management (servers).

there are reasons for this which can be loosely categorized by 'externally' and 'internally'. externally, gnu machines are easier to maintain, cheaper and more reliable. internally, the l-kernel itself responds and is better suited to the tasks I previously mentioned.

notice that these tasks listed are generally not consumer oriented! linux is taking great steps and leaps (I can list these) in trying to penetrate that market but as of today and tomorrow won't be a consumer OS (I can also list reasons as to why but will spare the details). If you are interested in this type OS, I recommend xnu.

maybe in the next 10-15 years!!
>>
>>58378095

>easiest way

That all depends.

Are you talking about graphical way?

Open Dolphin
Split window into two panes
in the address bar of the second pane type "fish://USER@COMPUTER NAME"
drag and drop music folder from desktop pane to laptop pane.

That or scp.
scp -r [email protected]:/path/to/foo /home/user/laptop/music
>>
>>58378095
systemctl start sshd.service

I use Filezilla, but this guy has the right idea.
>>58378210
>>
>>58378095
Open file manager
type sftp://<user here>@<ip here> into the address bar
drag and drop.
>>
>>58378095
Grab your latest backup of the Desktop, plug that external drive into the laptop, and restore just the music folder.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.