[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To Buy Or Not To Buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Me2.png (467KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
Me2.png
467KB, 1070x601px
Do I buy a fucking Dell XPS 13 or do I wait for fucking AMD to release their new mobile chips! And if I should wait for AMD how long is the wait!

You /g/niggers literally have my life in your hands.
>>
>>58377546
Fuck the XPS but Intel has supply lines locked up tight. You're not going to be seeing AMD in high end mobile.
>>
>>58377589
Just can't win when Intel is inside.
>>
>>58377546
Ryzen isn't a mobile chip.
>>
>>58378112
This.
If you need the laptop now, you have to go Intel.
Zen-based APUs are coming in the second half of 2017 or so I've heard.
>>
>>58377546
The Dell XPS 13" has a thunderbolt 3 port. It's not expected for there to be an appreciable change in CPU power in the near future.
Even if GPUs had a notable bump in computing power, you could still just plug in a desktop GPU into the XPS 13.
>>
>>58378379
Also, only Intel+Nvidia has respectable eGPU support.
>>
>>58378392
No? AMD added support for this slightly before nvidia
>>
>>58377546
Zen APUs will appear Q2 2017, mobile stuff maybe even later. The architecture is scalable just like Intel's Core i is, so there should be now problems with power efficiency etc.
>>
>>58378443
Do they have hotplugging support and nonshit Linux drivers?
>>
If you want it now just get the XPS 13. If you use your laptop for regular shit you're not going to notice the performance difference either way between kaby lake and ryzen. If don't need it now then if you want to wait several months for a possibility of saving $50-100 you could do that.
>>
Guess I'll use my leaf monopoly money on the XPS 13 then.

Fucking AMD being a cocktease. She is forgetting about the wall.
>>
Enjoy your coilwhine
>>
>>58377546
Work pays for laptops, so that can't speak to value, except that the MacBook Pro work usually buy for people is more expensive and not as good for our workload.

The XPS 13 I've got is great. No complaints as a Linux user: everything works, wifi is great, qhd display is fantastic, battery life is great, keyboard and trackpad are much better than the mac it replaced.

I feel like the the build is really well balanced, but would suffer if you skimped on CPU. An AMD option just doesn't make sense to me for a laptop like this.
>>
>>58379404
What are the specs of the XPS your work provided?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.