[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great Moments In Tech History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: chrome_2017-01-06_22-15-58.png (557KB, 847x520px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-01-06_22-15-58.png
557KB, 847x520px
The first one: is a widescreen iPod with touch controls. The second: is a revolutionary mobile phone. And the third is a breakthrough Internet communications device.

So, three things: a widescreen iPod with touch controls; a revolutionary mobile phone; and a breakthrough Internet communications device.

An iPod, a phone, and an Internet communicator. An iPod, a phone … Are you getting it? These are not three separate devices, this is one device, and we are calling it iPhone.
>>
Note 7 cuz now we all know how much manufacturers will check flammability this year.
>>
>>58365561
Oat-a-matically
>>
File: 1473213789675.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1473213789675.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
Would add the introduction of Siri and other voice assistants. Google Now is one of my favorite thanks about owning an Android phone.
>>
>>58365561
I actually went back and watched the Full Keynote last weekend. It's amazing how far tech has come in the last 10 years.
>>
>>58366712
that happens when normie money gets involved
>>
>>58365561
The revealing of the iPhone always reminds me of the Bill Burr rant on Steve Jobs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew6fv9UUlQ8

Steve isn't even an engineer yet he goes on stage by himself and gives off this vibe that he created it. That coupled with all the stories you'd hear when he was alive, I think Steve Jobs was a dick.
>>
>>58365561
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B-XwPjn9YY

look how much he cares about it....
i miss him so much
>>
>>58366775
>Steve isn't even an engineer yet he goes on stage by himself and gives off this vibe that he created it. That coupled with all the stories you'd hear when he was alive, I think Steve Jobs was a dick.
do you think any tech executive is personally doing any of the engineering work on any product he introduces? he may have the engineering skills, like gates for instance, but the notion that bill was personally involved in any of the big windows products which he announced on stages to packed auditoria is absolutely delusional.

i'm not saying i like jobs - he was an abject negative influence on the consumer electronics market - but anti-apple zealots consistently seem so desperate to find something to criticize that you guys pick up this retarded shit.

bill burr's a comedian. he's funny, but he's just telling jokes. this shit is funny, not the reasoned, measured shit i said at the top of this post. that's why he says the bombastic shit. because it's funny and not egregiously untrue.
>>
File: 1464677167641.png (9KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
1464677167641.png
9KB, 362x358px
>>58366005
>fags who speak to their phones
>>
>>58366829
>seem so desperate to find something to criticize that you guys pick up this retarded shit.

I still stand by my statement that Steve Jobs was a dick. I heard all about it when I was giving Wozniak a back massage
>>
>>58366775
>Steve isn't even an engineer yet he goes on stage by himself and gives off this vibe that he created it. That coupled with all the stories you'd hear when he was alive, I think Steve Jobs was a dick.

Steve was the brain behind everything. He's the one who unites all the different people into one project, so in a sense he was much more of a social urge.

With the development of the iPhone he took the head of the Mac OS team and the head of the iPod team and put them head to head to each compete and develop a UI/OS for the iPhone.

There's actually a good scene about this in the Sorkin Jobs movie with Michael Fassbender. There is a scene where Jobs and Wozniak are in the orchestra pit of a theater, and the allusion is made that Steve Jobs is the conductor of the Orchestra. I think the joke is made about running into one of the best conductor alive and someone asking what instrument he plays, to which he responds "I play the Orchestra".
>>
>>58366834
It's the only woman I get to talk to in my life.

Leave me alone.
>>
>>58366914
Probably because you speak to your phone.
>>
>>58366876
then this is a good opportunity to learn what a non sequitur is. jobs doing the product announcements is not relevant. it's common practice. your post would be equally compelling (and equally flawed) if you said
>steve jobs wore jeans a lot. that coupled with all the stories you'd hear when he was alive [etc...]

shit like this makes your whole point look like it was desperately cobbled together from a bunch of other bullshit
>>
>>58366944
and to be clear, i agree wholeheartedly that jobs was a dick. he wasn't just a dick to woz. he was an absolute asshole to everyone at apple, and many outside apple. he reduced people to tears. he was like a child throwing a tantrum at people who honest to god worked their asses off to appease him.

but all of that is why he's a dick. not the fact that he went up on stage and give shout-outs to all his employees for doing the hard work. that's literally how it works.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.