[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi bros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: GTX+1080+review+gallery+12.jpg (206KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
GTX+1080+review+gallery+12.jpg
206KB, 1400x933px
Ok I have a Hackintosh that I dual boot with Winshit 10.

I'm under macOS 99% of the time, the rest is for gaming and VR.

I have a GTX1080 but I took it out and got 2x980Ti Hybrids because nVidia is a greedy piece of shit that won't release Pascal drivers for macOS (but miraculously keep releasing Maxwell drivers).

So anywho, about to sell the GTX1080. Good idea my bros?

BTW I love the 1080, it's quiet, fast, and murders everything you can throw at it.

P.S. I know SLI sucks but it's the best I can do right now :(

Thoughts appreciated.
>>
>>58365502
I did that for 6 months. The iGPU sucks balls.

I need CUDA for Adobe apps in macOS...and also use Octane with Cinema4D (it uses both GPUs, even though macOS doesn't support SLI).
>>
bump for help from /g/bros
>>
>>58365469
If you decide on selling it tell us where to look!
>>
>>58365469
ya how much would you like for it?
>>
>nVidia is a greedy piece of shit that won't release Pascal drivers for macOS

Blame Apple. They're the ones who push driver updates for nvidia and amd cards in OS updates. When was the last time anyways that Apple put an nvidia card in one of their products?

Honestly, you're just in for a bad time if you're trying to do serious 3D work on MacOS.
>>
>>58366120
It's probably going up on eGay. Don't want to get stabbed by niggers on Craigslist.

>>58366163
Tree fiddy
>>
>>58365469
>nVidia is a greedy piece of shit that won't release Pascal drivers for macOS
That's probably because Apple didn't use Pascal GPUs in any current-gen Macs.
>>
>>58366309
Yeah Apple is shit, I hate Tim Cuck with a passion.

Only reason I'm still with Apple is because I like the OS and it's for professional work. I threw the Hackintosh case (looks nice tho for a PC) in the back of my desk so I don't even see that shit -- I just have an Apple display/mouse/keyboard/Wacom Tablet and it works fine.

>Bad timing for serious 3D work under macOS

Wrong, bro. I do this for a living and it's fine. Usually jump around in Maya a bit too when needed. Works A-OK. Especially with the 980Ti.

>When was the last time anyways that Apple put an nvidia card in one of their products?
2014. I have a Retina MacBook Pro from 2014 and it has an nVidia GPU in it.

I think Apple doesn't use nVidia anymore because they couldn't give Apple 2 x5k displays for the MacBook 2016 on any of their GPUs, and plus AMD is a little bitch and can conform to what Apple wants -- nVidia doesn't give a shit cuz they own the high end PC gaming market.
>>
>>58366500
>That's probably because Apple didn't use Pascal GPUs in any current-gen Macs.

Apple didn't use Maxwell either, and they release drivers even after updates and security patches (latest for macOS Sierra is from a few weeks ago on nVidia's site) for Maxwell.

So I think Pascal is not coming on the Mac because the only PCIe-expandable Mac left that's officially supported is the 2010-2012, which will be discontinued anyway in the next macOS release later this year.

So Mac users are completely fucked because AMD is garbage.
>>
>>58366534
>So Mac users are completely fucked because AMD is garbage.
Mac users don't give a shit because they actually buy Macs which get official support directly from Apple for their AMD GPUs.
>>
File: f.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
f.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>58366471
post the link
i'll will place a bid
I've been looking for one for while

look at my build :(
>>
>brown hands
>>
>>58365560
What under Adobe are you using that is CUDA only? You should just buy some 290x instead. Better compute and has native support. I don't know what would be CUDA only now since the Mac Pro is AMD.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.