[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it so hard on android to backup your phone? and i dont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: mad-1[2].jpg (57KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
mad-1[2].jpg
57KB, 600x401px
why is it so hard on android to backup your phone?

and i dont mean stupid contacts.

i mean to backup all your folders, with all music\movies\photos and easily transfer them to your new phone

you guys shit on apple all the time, but it is so easy to do it on iphones.

on android you need 10 programs for each seperate thing and its a huge pain in the ass

and dont say you need to root, because the average user shouldnt need to

fuck off.
>>
Move them to your PC and then move them back to your new phone? Do you have Downs syndrome?
>>
Plug in it with a cable and copy paste dude...

You need more software to get data off an iphone, android just works without itunes.

OP has down syndrome
>>
File: 1430284774139.jpg (40KB, 500x577px) Image search: [Google]
1430284774139.jpg
40KB, 500x577px
>2017
>backing up to fone

seems legit
>>
How I backup my Android phone:

>Plug phone into laptop via USB cable
>Wait for file browser to show up, showing access to Android filesystem
>Drag and drop all of the media-related folders to laptop

That's... that's really just it. That's all you need to do.
>>
>>58362301
This.

Get the fuck out and kill yourself OP.
>>
>>58362507
>>58362329

i try this, but when i move folders over windows freezes at calculating time remaining
>>
>>58362731
Works on all my android/pc combinations.

Like wtf how do you mess something up this easy?
>>
>>58362763
i plug in phone. i select all the folders, i pick new folder on different drive.

freezes
>>
>>58362763
I'm not OP and my explorer crashes when I'm just copy and pasting across, but I do large file transfers, and in my experience small transfers work fine. Like OP says here >>58362731, it seems to crash when calculating file sizes / transfer times.

OP get the airdroid app and copy files over ftp through your wifi. If you have root access you can copy direct to sd card too.
>>
>>58362731
Thats probably because Windows is being shit. Install Linux you fucking noob.
>>
>>58363014
iphones, back up everything

android users want you to

>root
>use 5 programs
>use linux

rofl
>>
>>58363029

You do not need any of these. You just need to use your operating system's native for copy utilities. Android phones can behave like a flash drive when plugged into a computer. If Windows is stalling, this is a problem with Windows itself, and you should either install don't fucking updates so it won't be a buggy shit pile (it always will be though, because it's fucking Windows), or use Linux or Mac OS X. I will note though, that I have never had this problem when using Windows, and so the problem lies specifically with your machine.
>>
>>58363480

Native file copy utilities*

Swiping to type is always hit and miss. But it's faster than anything else :/
>>
>>58362197
It's not hard, it's your own fault you're austistic enough to buy a phone that can't be rooted. Get a phone with an unlockable bootloader and install Titatium Backup.
>>
>>58362197
Learn what nandroid backups are then kill yourself, moron
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.