[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DarlingHQ Just like WINE but for OSX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: darling250.png (25KB, 250x266px) Image search: [Google]
darling250.png
25KB, 250x266px
A project just like WINE but for OSX.

And since Gnu/Linux and OSX are both *NIX-like the result will probably be better than WINE.

This might be the only chance we have to get adobe products for normies on Gnu/Linux

Site: https://www.darlinghq.org/

Source : https://github.com/darlinghq/darling

OSX shell and rudix packages already work.
>>
Last I checked the appeal of GNU+Linux was the freedom and power you have over your OS. Why do you chucklefucks try so hard to bring more closed source shit onto the system? Because /g/ trolls bother you that much? Or is it to remove more and more of the advantages of GNU until it's just like Windows? Am I in the ball park, CTR?
>>
But wine already works in OSX

Also the adobe suite is already in OSX

Also parallels is the best thing since sliced niggers
>>
>>58361080
Disregard this post, I thought it was another application like WINE for OSX, not an application to run OSX software on linux.
>>
>>58361070
the darwin kernel is already opensource.

Also we need more people in order for the os to get more attention... but people want their software from windows and OSX because the alternatives are not as good as the commercial products. But the linux market share is so small that no sane company would waste money on linux development.

We need a method to break the cycle of linux adoption first.
>>
>>58361151
I think the only good way to achieve that is to develop powerful alternatives with really similar or intuitive user interfaces. And that's not easy. Frankly a lot of people don't switch to Linux because they want that exact thing, and not some basic alternative that vaguely resembles it, but something that has "minor" differences.

Also, while WINE was always this option there's no denying it's still sort of buggy, not 100% stable and not exactly something straight forward for newcomers either, so it's not exactly recommendable.

I think the point is you cannot force the corporate hand without competing against them directly, and for that you have to provide a product not necessarily free of charge, but decent and easy to use. "I have to do this specific kind of work but I'm not going to spend a whole day trying to learn how to do not exactly that" is a complaint I hear often.
>>
>>58361151
>But the linux market share is so small that no sane company would waste money on linux development.

That's the fucking point you mongoloid. If you want to use Windows software, use Windows. Don't ruin it for everyone who uses GNU. We get by fine with free software and if you don't like it you can fucking leave. No one wants your help.
>>
>>58361001
I already knew about this one OP.

WINE is very advanced thou, stuff like photoshop works.
>>
>>58361001
>OSX
Found your problem.
>>
>>58361357
Why can't we have both?
>>
>>58361001
Jesus christ, may be you should try wording your posts better
>>
>>58361001

If you want to play games on a Mac but don't want to bother setting them all up, look at Paul the Tall:

http://paulthetall.com/
>>
>all these people complaining about emulating nonfree OSX software on Linux
It's not like anyone is forcing you to download the emulator. It's just an option for other people who want it. Also, I would hope most of you are using gNewSense, or you would be massively hypocritical.
>>
>>58363174
No one is complaining
>>
>>58361001
If only Objective-C wasn't such an ugly fucking language
>>
What macOS software would you even run? Can't think of anything else than Xcode.
>>
>>58363192
I'm referring to >>58361357 and >>58361070
>>
>>58363282
I wish there was textwrangler for Linux
>>
>>58361070
>Why
Because unlike the other operating systems, we can.

>>58361357
>Don't ruin it for everyone who uses GNU
Oh sorry for providing more options.

>>58363282
Adobe shit is popular, I guess.
>>
what kind of cuck needs an apple programs ever at all anyways?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.