[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: """"evolution"""".png (51KB, 640x768px) Image search: [Google]
""""evolution"""".png
51KB, 640x768px
Well, /g/?
>>
File: 1328636712659.jpg (103KB, 387x402px) Image search: [Google]
1328636712659.jpg
103KB, 387x402px
At one point should I just jump ship from webdev? Stuff like this is becoming scarily common and accepted.
>>
>>58360460
It's more reusable and clean. I like that shit a lot more. I bet you are the type of guy that does his css inline too.
>>
>inline js
lmao, what year is it? It's like you want your visitors to get hacked. Can't wait for Chrome to make CSP mandatory.
>>
>>58360558
Learning the standardized method for everything in the first place is the way to go, then you can call out all the bullshit in any framework and see how their adaptations work, how to use them if they are needed for a job, and how to ignore them.
>>
>>58360460
web """"""""""""dev""""""""""""""""
gtfo my board, please.
>>
>>58360460
Now try iterating through a list and passing data between elements.

The reason people use these frameworks is because they make doing advanced things much simpler at the cost of making a few simple things advanced.

If all you're writing is a hello world web site then just use vanilla html/css/js.

If you want to write for enterprise or create a maintainable, sustainable web application or an application to compete with organizations like google, MS, Amazon, Facebook, etc. you need to use a framework.

Advanced web apps can't be properly maintained without being broken down into components.
>>
>>58360609
>Can't wait for Chrome to make CSP mandatory
That's not going to happen
>>
>>58360609
document.getElementById('element').addEventListener('click', function () { alert('you just clicked this'); });
>>
Inline events are cancer.
>>
>>58360640
It can't be done in web standard code because of non compliant popular browsers?
>>
Same reason why magic numbers are wrong, more characters can improve readability.
   for i from 1 to 52
j := i + randomInt(53 - i) - 1
a.swapEntries(i, j)

constant int deckSize := 52
for i from 1 to deckSize
j := i + randomInt(deckSize + 1 - i) - 1
a.swapEntries(i, j)

Second one is longer but it's better.
>>
>>58360460
>muh inline meme

lol fuck off back to 1970 with websites that only displayed text
>>
>Large function with complex logic
>LOL I'LL JUST INLINE IT
Shows you haven't written any real code in your life
>>
>>58360891
Tfw every day I develop a corporate site that only uses inline js
>>
web devs with down syndrome
>>
>>58360460
Inline is great for doing one off things.

If you are going to do the same thing multiple times then you use functions.

Haven't you learned programming at all?
>>
>>58360600
When it's a single page project, or there's not much css which is only needed on one page within reasonable assumption, it's better to use inline css.

The problem with your type of "go with the flow because one enterprise guy wrote on his blog that this is more maintainable" people is that you don't see how these "rules" come into place in the first place. When you know why a best practice is considered best practice you automatically know when not to apply it.
>>
>>58360627
I'd rather have webdevs than wincucks

>>58360891
>>58361991
>t. someone who can't write a Hello World program smaller than 50 KiB
>>
>>58363918
There's an actually difference between doing inline, header and include file CSS though. A color setting inline will override the color setting in the header and in the include file so you are able to dynamically set CSS during page generation and through JS.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.