[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody explain why bluetooth dongles are necessary and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: 1483690810233.png (122KB, 1070x588px) Image search: [Google]
1483690810233.png
122KB, 1070x588px
Can somebody explain why bluetooth dongles are necessary and shilled so hard even by consumers?

I mean dont majority of people have a bluetooth adapter in their PC? Almost anytime i see a video related to utilizing bluetooth on PC people always reccomend a bluetooth dongle. Whats the deal?
>>
They are aimed at tech illiterate babyboomers aka Trump voters.
>>
>dont majority of people have a bluetooth adapter in their PC

obviously not
>>
>>58354664
does bluetooth come with most motherboard?
>>
>>58354838
Not on the basic / budget models

I never had a desktop PC with build-in bluetooth
>>
>>58354838
Wifi doesn't even come with most motherboards. I have Bluetooth disabled on my cellphone.
>>
Bluetooth comes with most laptops. Only some desktop motherboards come with it
>>
>>58354412
>I mean dont majority of people have a bluetooth adapter in their PC?
If they did, there would be no need for dongles.

Are you honestly this fucking stupid?
>>
bluetooth is more common now in desktop machines, but yeah most of the time people need a dongle for BT. I know I do.

Benefit of the dongle is superior adaptability because despite its short antenna you can place it remote of the computer with a long USB extension.
>>
>>58354412
>I mean dont majority of people have a bluetooth adapter in their PC
Lol?

What desktop motherboards come with integrated bluetooth besides the stupid "DELUXE GAYMER" motherboards?

MOST people dont have bluetooth for their computers unless it's a laptop, which you're on /g/, most of us aren't using laptops.
>>
>>58355231
Geimur versions usually don't have bt, it's usually the normal version of the geimur mobo that adds in the bt.
>>
proprietary shit in the dongles. can plug in earphonea and get audio out over regular bt. just that dongle or plugged in. same deal with the new xbone controller
>>
>>58355296
No, not at all because the "normal" versions never have wireless. It's literally just the deluxe bullshit versions.

Here are the current Z270 motherboards with built in bluetooth, oh look all four of them are gaymer trash boards.

Bluetooth simply isn't a very good tech for MOST use cases, wired connections are significantly better and that's what most people will use. And further an external bluetooth adapter will actually generally provide a bit more signal integrity than an integrated bluetooth adapter on the motherboard would because of antenna placement.

tldr, bluetooth is super uncommon for desktops to be built in because the majority of people simply don't ever use it.
>>
>>58355367
can't i meant, still asleep.
>>
1. Motherboards don't have bluetooth built in
2. Dongles are like $3 dude (least from aliexpress/fasttech/etc)
>>
File: 1474397870434.jpg (46KB, 414x509px) Image search: [Google]
1474397870434.jpg
46KB, 414x509px
>>58355296
>Geimur versions usually don't have bt
>>58355370
>proof only gaymer versions have BT

kek, and then you just stop replying. Gotta love a good BTFO.
>>
File: IMG_0525.jpg (105KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0525.jpg
105KB, 720x540px
If I don't like dongles are there any Bluetooth PCI cards or something?
>>
>>58355527
Even if there were, why would you waste a PCI slot on a bluetooth adapter? Just stick a dongle at the back of the machine and you're golden
>>
>>58355527
this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-PCI-E-Express-to-PCI-E-Wireless-Adapter-w-3-Antenna-WiFi-for-PC-ED/112096782287

and this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6UM45B1023
>>
>>58355527

There are bluetooth USB sticks. Most use a USB 2 port because there's generally no need for USB 3 speeds with bluetooth. But, look around to meet your needs.
>>
>>58355557
It's not a waste because I've had empty PCI slots for years. I'm always low on USB ports though.

>>58355573
Don't need the Wi-Fi but thanks for the BT card.

>>58355645
No dongles!
>>
>>58355645

Fuck. Ment to also mention that you can install an internal USB 2 port on an unused header. It's still a dongle, but you can permanently install it inside your PC so you save a PCI/PCIe slot for something that can make better use of it. And, if your mobo has an unused USB 3 header, you can look into that option if bluetooth can really use that speed somehow for your application. Specific example here: if you want to burn a PCIe slot so bad, install a USB 3 card in it that has an internal port or two (or header) and install the bluetooth dongle on that .. and you also get three or more extra USB ports at the same time for other uses.
>>
>>58355698
>I'm always low on USB ports though.
You realize USB ports are specifically made to be replicated? They're BUILT to function as hub connections, a single USB port on your computer can have ~70 devices connected to it with the proper USB Hub placement.

Just buy an 8 port hub and a USB dongle. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>58354412
does that shit have the drivers to make it work for system wide instead of only on their stream programs?
>>
>>58355775
i have the adaptor. steam works as a passthrough as of last week, it works just like a steam controller does.
>>
>>58355724
>if you want to burn a PCIe slot so bad, install a USB 3 card in it that has an internal port or two (or header) and install the bluetooth dongle on that ..
Heyyyy not a bad idea.

>>58355772
Already have a full hub. I don't want multiple hubs. Internal is always better IMO.
>>
>>58355802
>i have the adaptor
can you link me one? might use it for retro stuff along with a buffalo.
>>
>>58355821
just google "sony dualshock 4 usb adaptor".
>>
>>58355819
>Already have a full hub
then buy another.

Sorry but your excuses are just that, excuses.

Your autism is shining through.

Seriously, you're using a hub already? Fantastic, buy a second and replace whatever is already plugged into the root USB port with that hub and plug that device into your hub, you now have more USB ports again.

Then plug this little fuck in the hub, and you have bluetooth.

You just spent $30 instead of $50+ on PCI solution.
>>
>>58355878
Chill out man. I have an ATX mid case and it's 99% empty space, and an ATX Mobo with plenty of PCI slots. If I can get everything inside the case, why wouldn't I?
>>
>>58355940
Because it costs more and gives no benefits?
>>
Why the fuck would you want bluetooth to be included with your motherboard?
That's just an easy vulnerability and backdoor
>>
>>58355953
The benefits are sleekness and less parts to worry about if I move my computer. I am also finding Bluetooth PCI cards for $15.
>>
>>58355994
>Bluetooth PCI cards for $15.
>not posting a link

oh okay
>>
>>58356018
Making me do work for you...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012JQVUX8/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1483719778&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=bluetooth+pci&dpPl=1&dpID=51KyPtGPwJL&ref=plSrch
It's got wifi and Bluetooth.
>>
>>58355940
Then get a usb pcie card you autist.
>>
>>58356046
Except that doesn't plug directly into your motherboard, further you also need antennas.

So how is this saving money?
>>
>>58356059
Man, I said before that's not a bad idea. I still would rather have it inside than sticking out.

>>58356079
It shouldn't need antennas but okay. Here is a full-featured one for $35:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FL6SY5A/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1483719778&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=bluetooth+pci&dpPl=1&dpID=41JHH7NfoML&ref=plSrch
>>
>>58356117
>It shouldn't need antennas
How do you think the signal would propagate without an antenna?

Also, $35 compared to a $12 USB dongle.

AMAZING savings you've got going on there.
>>
>>58356143
>How do you think the signal would propagate without an antenna?
The same way it does on smaller electronics?
>AMAZING savings you've got going on there.
Never said you save by having it internal. Simply that the price isn't much higher. A hub would be needed with the dongle as well.
>>
my phone is the only thing i own with bluetooth support
>>
no most motherboards do not include Bluetooth by default
>>
>>58355953
PCI cards almost always have a better connection and more powerful antennas than a USB adapter.
>>
>>58356203
>The same way it does on smaller electronics?
...they have small antennas inside those dongles.

If you dont buy an antenna, it wont work.
>>
>>58356046
>when no wirless signal, Please use the adhesive plaster to stick twentieth pin of wirless network card (please see the picture as above) , to obtain the wirless signal.

ah, sounds great I just ordered 10 for me and my wife's sons.
>>
>>58354412
Sometimes the integrated bluetooth on SOME (most don't really have one) are incompatible with X. Such is the case with Wii U Pro controllers, so you get a compatible bluetooth thingy so you can connect you're controller to it
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.