[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think of Gab?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: gabfix.png (136KB, 1500x1000px)
gabfix.png
136KB, 1500x1000px
>twitter clone with a 300 character limit, an edit button, total free speech and "post categories"

Can it compete with twitter?
>>
>>58350561
>Can it compete with twitter?
It has potential, but no. Twitter is more "traditional".
>>
>>58350561
it can't compete in twitter's market because twitter doesn't have a market
>>
Twitter's only success is infiltrating the legacy media. Something that Gab can never do.
>>
>
>>
>>58350561
It won't because of safe spaces.
>>
>>58350561
>character limit
>>
>>58350561
Judging by the logo, only underage memesters are going to use it.
>>
>>58350561
>total free speech
There is no such thing.
>>
>>58353536
In your liberal mind maybe there isnt
>>
>>58353657
Different anon, but you can't threaten someone or announce you're going to shoot a place up. Absolute free speech really doesn't exist, any government is going to put some limits on it.
>>
>>58353657
Go up to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and tell a cop "I want to blow up the White House".

See how free your speech is.
>>
>>58353711
Welp, nice knowing you bud. You fell for my trap like a dumb fruit fly.
>>
>>58353736
>b-but I was just pretending
>>
>>58353519
or overage memesters
>>
>>58353753
You'll just be pretending in gitmo as well?
>>
>not gnu/social
>>
Good idea, bad execution. Most of the topics are about the same things. Technology? Trump, Hillary and Assange. Entertainment? Trump, Hillary and Assange. Sports? Trump, Hillary and Assange. It's good that it's a place where people can actually share stuff without being subjected to stupid shit like "you said something that we disagree with, we might uh, have to take your account down or maybe you'd like to disappear for a while?", but at the same time it should be bigger and have a bigger place for non-political shite.

I think Minds deals with it better as a social media platform.
>>
>>58350561
What he said:

>total free speech

What he meant:

>Circle jerk of racists, misogynists, and homophobes shouting "LIBERAL KEK NIGGER XD" all day long

>Can it compete with Twitter?

Answer: No
>>
>>58354320
I think it's been getting better when it comes to diversity of discussion.

For example, the music category had the same problem as the ones you mentioned, now it's completely free of politics. I expect the same to happen to the other categories after spring or so.
>>
>>58350561
>300 character limit

so it's still almost as shit as twitter
>>
>>58354429
>Using the default empty labels

There, there. You lost relevance, now we have to deal with the alt-right idiots. Sit in the back like a good retard.
>>
>>58353736
Are fruit fly traps a thing?
>>
For any of you that want an invite to Gab, throw me an email:

[email protected]

Pls don't join if you talk about politics all the time, there's enough of that on gab
>>
>>58355109
How large is the network rn
>>
>>58350561
When will people grow up of social memedia.
>>
>>58355128
Wikipedia says it has 400k people and last time I checked the waitlist has like 900k people (including people who got in)
>>
Won't officially exist untill there's a "share via Gab button" on a single website.
>>
>2017
>#MAGA STILL TRENDING
It woud take a miricle for it to be popular with normies
>>
>>58355156
You're looked at as a creep if you don't have any social media so the answer is never
>>
>>58355585
It's a good thing to live in a third world country where people give no shits about that kind of stuff
>>
>>58355585
Maybe in your meme country.
>>
>>58350561
I still don't understand why people use Twitter.
I get all the other social shit, but not Twitter.
>>
>>58355670
Becauz it's TO THE FUCKING POINT
That's why
>>
>>58354043
ECHS DEE
>>
File: 1482787290021.jpg (84KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1482787290021.jpg
84KB, 1024x576px
>>58350561
I can't seem to register for a fucking account
>>
>>58351502
>preinstalled apps are the most popular
GEE WHIZ MISTER REALLY MAKES YOU THINK
>>
>>58359926
whatsapp is preinstalled where?
>>
>>58355670
Because it's a quick, easy and minimalist way to post your thoughts and read about happenings.
>>
>>58360072
On some samsungs and windows phones.
>>
>>58350561
design is minimalist app cancer which leads me to believe the developer is addled.

gabai is also an intentional heeb pun because the dev is a jewy mcjewface
>>
>>58357779

no one can.

Gab is just a shitty viral marketing campaign. Everyone talks it up, but only like four or five Alt-Right memers comprise all of the population, and no one else can actually get it.

They've been in development for months now and still can't deliver a public beta.
>>
>>58361516
The waitlist only takes like a couple days to get you in
>>
>>58350561
No, unfortunately for 2 reasons
1) No iOS app. People mainly use Twitter on their phone, and if theres no app it can't compete. Yeah it's on google play, but more people use twitter on iPhones

2) And most importantly, it's become an alt-right echo chamber. This will turn most moderates and liberals off, therefore making gab more akin to /pol/. If there's no diversity of opinion it will only get in group appeal.

3) No fun. 95% of gab is political, so only people interested in that stuff will join gab. Noone just looking for a laugh or someone wanting to follow their favorite musician will go on there, so it can't grow. It can't be so niche if it wants to compete with Twitter
>>
>>58360072
Third World countries
>>
>>58354556
Character limits force people to make quick bite-sized posts on whats going on now, and to have discussion. Twitter's called a MICROblogging website for a reason.

If you want twitter without character limits use Facebook.
>>
what's the point of invite faggotry and, most importantly, no public posts?
>>
>>58362328
>invite faggotry

I assume they're waiting until they can upgrade their servers to go public. They don't want to suffer the same fate as Voat

>no public posts
There are public posts now
>>
>>58362374
>I assume they're waiting until they can upgrade their servers to go public.

they're worried about too many people joining?
lol. they should be on their knees begging people to come.
>>
>>58350561
Is that a frog?
>>
>>58362463
dumb frognetwork
>>
what ever happened to sublevel?
>>
Yes definitively, people are sick of being censored on social networks for challenging the SJW narrative.
>>
File: ANP00-Map.png (153KB, 500x325px)
ANP00-Map.png
153KB, 500x325px
>>58350561
I deleted my gab account this week because everyone on that site who uses their real name is going to be unemployable because of its association with Nazis.

Seriously, half the site is KKK/Nazis using pseudonyms and pictures of anime.

Pic related proves I am the kind of person who would use Gab.
>>
I love it, only problem with it though is that it's kind of an echo chamber. I hope people who aren't conservatives join gab so that there can be more ideological diversity (it is a free speech social network after all), It's kind of boring hearing only people you agree with.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.