[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Libreboot no longer part of GNU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: libreboot_inside.jpg (128KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
libreboot_inside.jpg
128KB, 700x465px
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu/2017-01/msg00001.html
So after four months Stallman himself finally decided to let go of the Libreboot project. It is no longer part of GNU
Libreboot response:
https://libreboot.org/gnu/
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>58346873
Stallman/GNU did the right thing and just abandoned it because the head maintainer Leah whatever her name is highly toxic and crazy.

The real project is Coreboot, anybody can fork that and make a new libreboot by deblobbing Coreboot if they want instead of working with Leah/insane people who made their money off selling laptops with preinstalled libreboot.
>>
File: leah0.jpg (91KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
leah0.jpg
91KB, 500x491px
>>58346908
She's a qt tho
>>
>>58346873
>all this shit over a tranny that statistically speaking has an 80% chance of killing themselves
>>
>>58346931
No the whole tranny thing was just crazy drama that happens whenever a woman is in charge of a project.

The real situation was Leah wanted sole authority over deblobbing Coreboot for whatever reasons and sort of went crazy. RMS then decided fuck it we'll just end official support for Libreboot and move on until somebody else picks it up. It's literally just a Coreboot fork that removes blobs.

RMS could have easily said fuck you and forced her out, jacked the project and told everybody that LeahBoot was no longer supported but instead just said who cares do whatever you want
>>
>>58346925
>she
>>
Who fucking cares.
>>
>>58346925
looks like a dude
>>
>>58346908
>her
>>58346925
>she

kek
>>
>>58347014
Exactly, that was basically RMS's stance on the whole issue.

It's clear Leah is not sane from like everything she has written, and is pure distilled reddit drama cancer in human form.
>>
File: GNU+Linux+libreboot.png (188KB, 612x791px) Image search: [Google]
GNU+Linux+libreboot.png
188KB, 612x791px
FSF still advertise getting laptops with libreboot
>>
File: ayy.jpg (9KB, 220x180px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
9KB, 220x180px
>>58346925
>>>
>>
>>58347076
It's not a GNU project anymore but it's still free software and the FSF will endorse it regardless of what personal grudge the dev has against them.
>>
File: 1481970913312.png (30KB, 733x538px) Image search: [Google]
1481970913312.png
30KB, 733x538px
>>58346925
>>58347079
mental illness right there.

who the fuck is stupid enough to use some critical piece of software written by a fucking nutjob?!?!!?
>>
>>58347151
They didn't really write it, libreboot is just a repackaging of coreboot that removes binary blobs. There shouldn't be any problem in continuing to use it even despite the batshit maintainer.
>>
>think it has something to do differences of opinion in approach to free software or that Libreboot was considering to include some proprietary software for wider adoption and more compatibility
>it's tranny drama

top fucking kek
>>
>>58346873
>trannyboot
>leftism finally destroying communist sympathising free software communities
((()))
>>
>Nonetheless, it does annoy me a lot to see a photo of the FSF staff #1 on google image search when I search my name
How can we make it worse for >her?
>>
how did these special snowflake sjw types even end up in IT?
>>
>>58347206
"She" may be an insane tranny, but there's much more to libreboot than repackaging coreboot. The reverse engineering it took to disable ME was a huge effort which took years.
>>
>>58346873
Ready libre boots rant is toxic
>>
>appelbaum
>libreboot

someone is having some success.

>inb4 JTRIG
>>
>>58346925
>the laces were out
>>
>>58347076
because they paid by that company which sold obsolete garbage and MUH FREEDOM for overprice
do you believe they did it for free?
>>
So is it still the case that no real evidence of any kind has been put forth that discrimination over the whole trans thing actually happened?

'Cause that's what I remember the last time it came up. "omg transphobe" with zero proof whatsoever.
>>
>>58346873
Libreboot's dev is more insane than RMS, and that's saying something
>>
I fucking hate this cancer drama

FUCK anyone that is incapable of maintaining professional cordial relationships and has to detract attention from productivity for personal """reasons""".

Libreboot has a page now that is dedicated to denouncing GNU which is a shameless tasteless thing to do.
Libreboot wouldn't even exist without GNU's efforts and is only relevant because it has been backed by it.
>>
>>58346925
>she
>cutie

Thirsty men. Thisty men everywhere.
>>
Kek
>>
File: mona-stallman.jpg (108KB, 384x581px) Image search: [Google]
mona-stallman.jpg
108KB, 384x581px
libreboot has always been subpar
this is a good thing
>>
File: Sean Young.jpg (9KB, 373x352px) Image search: [Google]
Sean Young.jpg
9KB, 373x352px
>>58348615
THEY WERE IN!
>>
>>58346986
>woman
Err..
>>
>>58347021
is a dude*

>>58347040
>It's clear Leah is not sane from like everything she has written
Don't forget that he likes to roleplay as a woman.
>>
>>58346925
>she
>>
>>58346986
>but instead just said who cares do whatever you want
the right attitude for free software, IMO
>>
>>58347151
That post sure is projecting hard

Not everybody on /g/ is gay, so clearly they just have themselves to blame
>>
Stallman is a cuck.
If you have made something for company, you can't take that away with you when you leave.
Libreboot belongs to GNU.
>>
>>58352000
I believe they did it for this pun. Totally worth it.
>>
>>58346873
> He has said similarly nasty things about children and childbirth in the past, and has made sexist jokes. For instance, he once described women who have never used GNU Emacs as EMACS virgins. Leah is an emacs virgin.
>Leah Rowe is a woman, and she recommends Vim. Her .vimrc is on vimuser.org.
>Personal statement from Leah: RMS's comments about emacs virgins is especially offensive to me. Not only is it sexist in general (and directed at me, because I don't use emacs), but also offensive towards my sexuality. His statement implies that men are supposed to have sex with virgin women, and that women only lose their virginity to men. To this day, I've only ever been in lesbian relationships, although I am bi. I lost my virginity to a woman. I find it extremely insulting when someone assumes that I only like men, or that I'm generally interested in men. The woman that I lost my virginity to also happens to be a Vim user, and she is indeed an emacs virgin, like me.
lol
>>
>>58352230
She's a clown but Stallman is a huge cuck.
>>
>>58352230
>RMS's comments about emacs virgins is especially offensive to me

"people who get offended should be offended." - Linus "This is not a dick-sucking contest" Torvalds
>>
>>58352230
>offended that toejam Stallman think he's a emacs virgin
>admits he's an emacs virgin
So Ray Finkle is offended by fact
>>
why thread about FAKE COREBOOT still alive?
use original https://www.coreboot.org/ (if you use it all (sure nobody use it, it just a meme) )
>>
>>58346991
Xe
>>
File: 150px-Tdavis.jpg (8KB, 150x189px) Image search: [Google]
150px-Tdavis.jpg
8KB, 150x189px
>>58347151
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.