[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You there! Do you work in the tech profession? What do you do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: leonidas.jpg (49KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
leonidas.jpg
49KB, 1280x528px
You there! Do you work in the tech profession? What do you do and how much do you make?
>>
I'm an intern at an equities trading technology company in London. £43k
>>
I make $10/hour stocking groceries at Walmart.
>>
regional tech analyst 68k
>>
>>58340712
desktop support spec associate 48.5K/year and I respond to datamining threads semi professionally
>>
>>58340736

30% of that will fund your developing cocaine addiction
>>
Junior Software Engineer (no degree, coming up to 1 year experience, 19 years old) earning £19k
>>
>>58340712
Fuck off NSA
>>
Im edward snowden and i work by tweeting bullshit 24/7 ever since my heroic exit from the NSA. Putin pays me 250mil rubles a year.
>>
File: chubaka.jpg (33KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
chubaka.jpg
33KB, 600x394px
$53K, Software Deployment and Support.
>>
>>58340712
junior software dev in Montreal, 17 bucks an hour 40 hours a week. I make 35k but taxes reduce that to 26k. expecting a 1.5$/hour raise in February.
>>
asic dev
2 years experience
working at a small-ish company
$80k
>>
>>58341555

I've heard that programming a FPGA makes you want to end your life, anon iz dis truu?
>>
>>58341622
debugging does, yes
an oscilloscope is a good tool to have for simple testing
the simulations are a nightmare
i sometimes try to deploy parts of a project on an fpga for testing but really, simulation is the way to go before you actually manufacture the chip
>>
Project manager in central government

$70,000/year
>>
Intern and full-time student, $20/hr. Devops. How much can I hope to make once I get out?
>>
>>58341858

$0.

DevOps isn't a job. Train to be a Site Reliability Engineer.
>>
>>58341893
Googled it, sounds kinda sorta similar to what I do right now.
>>
>>58341929
It's essentially the official job title, I believe the title was coined by google.

https://www.geekbooks.me/book/view/site-reliability-engineering 10/10 recommend reading this, or at least giving it a brief skim
>>
>>58341971
Potato/potato, I guess.
How much do they make? In GA btw.
>>
Medical student.

I'm $90k in debt.
>>
Java dev, Hungary, 8.2k $ :(
>>
Data entry

$13/hr

Please kill me.
>>
Netsec
75k/yr fresh out of college in the midwest
>>
College intern, $30/hr
>>
>>58340712
>What do you do and how much do you make?
PhD student
~$53k a year
>>
>>58340860
How long you planning to stay and is there good career progression? I was in that position 3 years ago at a start up. No prospect of a raise despite promises. I left and am now on around 45k. Make sure you a) learn as much as you can while you're not being paid much and 2) leave if they keep paying you shit. Maybe
>>
I'm an apprentice glorified admin. Get like £22k p.a.
It's okay but I just wanna hack shit, man.
>>
>>58344256

I really love our stack, company, and people there - so planning on staying for another year, maybe two. Starting to branch out into other languages to open up the big bucks later on.

Assuming you left a startup and went more corporate-y?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.