[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did antivirus software become worse than actual viruses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: chrome_2017-01-05_17-38-25.png (15KB, 393x206px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-01-05_17-38-25.png
15KB, 393x206px
When did antivirus software become worse than actual viruses ?

pic related
>>
Since the first anti-virus software was launched
>>
>>58340151
When you ignored /g/ recommendation to install gentoo.
>>
>>58340199
/thread
>>
>>58340151
When you use shitty freeware programs and continue installing the browser add ons.
>>
>>58340151
From the fucking beginning
>>
Common Sense doesn't have this problem
>>
>>58341739
avast tries to install it without asking nowadays
>>
>>58340151

A browser add on is not an antivirus you goddamn retard. Even if it's developed by the same company and has the same name, it's still a standalone software that you can choose to install or not to install independently of whether if you have installed the antivirus or not. Retard.
>>
>>58340151
>using avast
>installing useless extensions
When you are a shitty user.
>>
when av companies started hiring hackers/virus writers
>>
>>58340151
A decent adblocker is a better anti-virus tool than the antivirus programs themselves nowadays. And of course "common sense 2017" too.
>>
>>58340151
Avast stopped being good back in 2012 you idiot. Use Avira if you are going to use a free AV.
>>
>>58340151
>>58343171
>using any antivirus other than Malwarebytes
It's like you WANT your computer to get fried.
>>
>avast
>avg
>avira
>MCcuckee
when will you retards learn
Go and install pando media booster while you're at it
>>
>>58342737
the browser addon got installed by the antivirus without asking and avast also installed its own useless chrome fork (safe zone browser)
>>
>>58343758

I just installed avast on a VM to check. You should go back to high school and learn to read faggot.
>>
>>58340151
that's because it wants to read all your network traffic

blame chrome for having such a shit security model and naming

but seriously, yes, do not install that
>>
>>58344992
have you looked at the screenshot ? it cleary says that the addon got installed by another programm and it is not hard to guess that avast installed the avast browser addon
>>
so what AV does /g/ recommend?
>>
>>58345398
I need to know this as well. But after reading this thread, I'm afraid we are starting a war by asking this lol
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.