[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw trying to install obscure Python modules in Windows 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1482493590010-0.jpg (193KB, 807x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482493590010-0.jpg
193KB, 807x800px
>tfw trying to install obscure Python modules in Windows 10
>>
>>58331950
You Mean moduler that Arent in pip right?
>>
>>58334247
there are lots of moduler in pip that won't work on Windows, or at least require an extensive setup of the build chain with Visual Studio
>>
>>58334253
jesus, that sounds horrible.
>>
>>58331950

> Python
> Windows 10

Both train wrecks themselves.
>>
Can't you use the Linux subsystem for Windows? It was created for that kind of shit.
>>
>>58334268
explain how python is a trainwreck when it's easier to code in than any other language.
>>
>>58334309
>>>/india/
>>
>>58334268
Can't argue about windowns, but python...
https://www.python.org/about/success/
>>
>>58334347
pajeets prefer java. i can't even wrap my head around how new to tech you must be to not know that.
>>
>>58334266
Programming in Windows usually is horrible.

>>58334309
It's a trainwreck because it's too easy to program with. Python programmers earn a lot of money with no effort, they are a bunch of freewheelin fucks.
>>
File: 1482306781703.png (58KB, 788x412px) Image search: [Google]
1482306781703.png
58KB, 788x412px
>>58334266
>>
>>58334806
i laughed so hard i almost choked
>>
>>58334309
python will be the php of 2020
>>
>>58331950
>Using Windows for anything other than vidyagaymes not available anywhere else
You get what you deserve
>>
>>58331950
trying to install python on windows 10
>>
>>58331950
why go there?
>>
>>58331950
i support python & a minimal package
the most common question I get is
"how do I install x on windows" , "how do I install python on windows" ... I tell them that windows is not for python --- do not use it. Everything is working on linux. Why go there. Always, they agree. Python runs like shit on windows.
>>
>>58334563
why do scientists use python
you want to see some scientific python code?
this is becoming an anti-meme. python is easy to use because it is a great design. Idiots.
>>
>>58337760
maybe they want the system to be the issue (as with microsoft) .. everything should be complex, hard to configure -- only then are you considered to be 'competent' (because you have managed to track your way through the maze/malaise). Use python, python is advanced, python is intrinsic
>>
>>58337775
windows critics, go away. From an OS that is still sitting on NTS, has the "registry" for it's configuration, forces you to reboot for "upgrades"
>>
>>58337760
>why do scientists use python

Because there are thousands of scientific libraries that are wrappers to c-code or fortran-code. And it is easy to make scientific code that run fast.

>you want to see some scientific python code?

no

>this is becoming an anti-meme. python is easy to use because it is a great design. Idiots.

No, it's because freeloading lazy idiots code in Python. Their eyes are covered with easy money so they don't see the value in learning difficult code.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.