[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Desktop amplifier recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: PCA1.jpg (20KB, 550x273px) Image search: [Google]
PCA1.jpg
20KB, 550x273px
We moved into an apartment and I had to give up my Paradigm Atom's that I've been using for listening while at my desktop for the time being. Right now I'm stuck with the craptastic speakers in my all-in-one machine when I don't want to use my AT headphones. Last night I found that a pair of my Polk Audio satellites made it into the wrong box and are here with me. Not ideal, but significantly better than the below-shit-tier speakers in this desktop.

The question is about small desktop amps:

Have any of you used a Lepai 2020A, Kinter MA-170, or Pyle PCA1 desktop amps? I'm just using it to drive small satellites for now and will probably use it with the Atom's when we move out of this apt. Also, if there are any other small amps in the sub $50USD range I'd look at those as well.
>>
I just use a cheap old stereo receiver.
>>
>>58322611
how do you plug it into your PC?
>>
>>58322636
Behringer UCA202 with some RCA cables. I'd just try the onboard sound but I wanted something convenient for my headphones.
>>
>>58322667

the UCA has an amplifier built-in?
>>
>>58322611

I just want something small. I could grab an old receiver from CL or a thrift shop for cheap but it's gonna be bigger than I want.
>>
get the lepai or this
http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dta-1-class-t-ac-dc-battery-powered-mini-amplifier-15-wpc--300-380

as for computer to receiver, you can get RCA to 3.5mm cables
https://www.amazon.ca/3-5mm-Mini-Plug-Computer-Stereo/dp/B000LMFS7M
>>
>>58322686
No, but my headphones don't need one. It's just a USB DAC that goes from my computer to my receiver.
>>
File: uouh.jpg (795KB, 1368x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uouh.jpg
795KB, 1368x1080px
What the fuck is all this shit and how do I hook a computer to it. I'm going to get new speakers but is this reciever good enough?
>>
>>58322719
So I just need RCA plugged in somewhere on the left
>>58322836
and then 3.5 to computer?
>>
or should I just junk it and get a lepai
>>
>>58322836
For that one, try using coax or optical if your motherboard has the ports.

>>58322883
Nah, should work just fine.
>>
>>58322866
yeah that's how I do it

>>58322883
if you have the amp already, you may as well use it and save $30
>>
>>58322719

OP here, I've been seriously considering the Lepai and I do my shopping with Parts Express (for the last two decades) but the Kinter amps just recently surfaced on there so I was curious to know if they were any good.
>>
>>58322636
Optical on mine. Your monitor might even have a optical out.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.