[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stylish is kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: stylish.png (3KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
stylish.png
3KB, 64x64px
http://www.ghacks.net/2017/01/04/major-stylish-add-on-changes-in-regards-to-privacy/

The change hasn't come to Firefox yet but it will soon.
Alternatives/forks to use from now on?
>>
God Im sick of these kike botnet faggots
>>
>>58317363
Fucking hell man, now I have to go uninstall this across 4 machines.
>>
>>58317363
I only use it for jewtube and pixiv but still fuck them.
>>
Why are you people not using greasemonkey?
>>
>>58317824
>running scripts for something that can be done with css
literally kill yourself
>>
>>58317363
I always used userContent.css over it, but still sad news.
>>
with jews you lose
>>
That is too bad, I really did enjoy using this

black youtube/dark wikipedia/dark 4chan is awesome at night
>>
You know, at this point I wonder why user styles are not part of the browser. I mean, we can already edit elements using the developer tools.
>>
File: IMG_1314.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1314.gif
2MB, 356x200px
>tfw no more 4chan dark
>>
>people having a conniption fit because they made it more convenient to install scripts
>can be opted out of

you people are insane
>>
>>58318198
They are a part of firefox.
>>
>>58318316
>SimilarWeb is best known for its digital market intelligence platform. In other words, the company's main product is an analytics product.

>caring about privacy is insane
>>
>>58318316
>The opt-out out option in the Stylish options refers to "determining user counts" only
>>
File: 1467721161401.png (9KB, 368x467px) Image search: [Google]
1467721161401.png
9KB, 368x467px
>>58318316
>using "opt out" button

yah, cause clicking that will surely "opt" you out ;^)
>>
Wasn't this shit open sourced?
Also, do you people really use dark 4chan Stylish theme? There are literally themes at the bottom of the site. Look them up.
>>
Only proper thing to do.
Milking their Firefox-addons until late 2017, when XPCOMalypse is hitting the addon-ecosystem of Firefox and the Chrome-WebExtension-shit takes over completely.

Then Firefox is dead and the addon-authors at least got some bucks out of it.

TabMixPlus, Greasemonkey, ABP, NoScript etc. going botnet fucking when?
>>
So will I have to use GM_addStyle from now on?
>>
>>58318751
y-yeah i do... i like centered... a-and.... diagonal line backgrounds...

and also dark reddits, dark jewtube. dark everything
>>
For now I won't update anymore.

Then I will investigate userchrome and usercontent or whatever they're called, in order to migrate and trash Stylish. But Stylish was so fucking convenient...

Another option would be to updating and using uBlock to block any behind tje scenes connections made by Stylish, but fuck that botnet company, I won't be using their shit anyway.

I hope a fork comes out. It was fucking GPL licensed. What's preventing the original author from forking it?
>>
>>58319028
>What's preventing the original author from forking it?
Probably interest and Mozilla killing off the needed API in a year
>>
>>58318927
>not using RES
kys
>>
Why would you ever update though? There aren't any notable bugs and I can't think of any notable features missing in it that aren't beyond the reach of the project's intentions.
>>
This thing got linked from the comments on the ghacks article:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylrrr/

Doesn't have integration with userstyles.org but it lets you paste in the CSS and use the styles that way.
>>
>>58317363
Stylish just runs user scripts right?
You could simply do that with Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey
>>
>>58320806
It applies css with uesrstyles.
>>
>>58319994
>Why would you ever update though?
Was about to ask the same question. Just stick with 2.0.7 or whatever the current version is and turn off automatic updates, back up the files and you should be fine.
>>
>>58317803
>>58318927
i think dark jewtube can be used without stylish
>>
>>58317363
just turned off updates for stylish, that should do me for now
>>
>>58318927
shame your dark reddit please I couldn't find any working ones
>>
>>58321093
>stick with 2.0.7 or whatever the current version is and turn off automatic updates

I'm doing exactly this but it's nice to have an option if it suddenly stops working.
>>
>>58317363
> The change hasn't come to Firefox yet but it will soon.
This does not apply to the Firefox add-on. Fret not, due to add-on policies SimilarWeb cannot engage in this kind of behaviour by default.
>>
>>58317363
Oy vey! Fuck! Now I have to remove it off my computers. Fucking shekel monsters will dry up from this disgrace.
>>
>>58318762
It's doesn't going to Firefox.
>>
>>58318303
>>58318140
Just use the Tomorrow style?
>>
>>58317848
Inject you css with a script.
>>58317363
Use old versions. Once again updates are proved to be harmful.
>>
>all these fucking retards that don't know the difference between Stylish and Greasemonkey

You all deserve to be gassed.
>>
Switched to stylebot for chrome, it's even better
>>
Who fucking cares. WebExtensions are going to replace everything by the end of 2017 anyway.
>>
>>58321782
Stylish is basically a webextension.
>>
>>58317363
I'm so fucking mad right now.
What a huge fucking faggot.
>>
- got old version
- disabled addon updates
>>
>>58317363
wow what a crock of shit
>>
>which sites visited get collected
literal botnet
>>
Use Greasemonkey.
// ==UserScript==
// @name example
// @include https://www.example.com/*
// @version 1.0
// @grant GM_addStyle
// @grant GM_getResourceText
// @resource exampleFile path/to/example.css
// ==/UserScript==
GM_addStyle(GM_getResourceText("exampleFile"));

That's it.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.