[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/i need help with my pc it shutdown randomly and now turns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170104_150220.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170104_150220.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
/g/i need help with my pc it shutdown randomly and now turns on for a second and turns off when i try to turn it on. Ive removed all components except psu cpu and hdd and still same result i also unplugged everything from motherboard and reset cmos battery. I also shorted the power pins with screw driver same result. I checked for short circuit signs and no smell or burn marks power supply fans spin so does everything for 1 sec then off. Please can you help me because i need this pc working to finish my portfolio for college. Thanks looking forward to your replies
>>
Please help ;_;
>>
Have you tried plugging it in?
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>58317296
Take out the motherboard, place it on a box or somewhere non-conductive, only have the CPU and 1 stick of ram installed, used the built in IGP, test with two different PSUs, if it fails to fire up, switch to another stick of ram and try again, if it fails to fire up with all the combinations of ram and PSU, you most likely have a failed motherboard.
>>
>>58317296
>make sure PC is off
>flip the power switch on PSU to off
>unplug everything from psu
>unplug PSU power cable from socket
>wait 5 minutes
>reconnect all the cables and turn PSU back on

This has worked a couple times for me OP, good luck.
>>
>>58317296
God damn it I just looked at the image
>>
>>58318253
Tried leaving it off overnight with the mobo battery out no luck. Im going to have some people at this workshop take a lok at it. Ive already decided on what mobo and/or psu to get if they're dead. Thanks though.
>>58317994
Thanks ill tell them to breadboard it and give me a proper diagnosis. The thing is it turned off randomly while idle and thats when the problem started, and it seems like a PSU issue but its turning on fans are spinning etc. So i think its the mobo which i hope its not because installation is a lengthy process
>>
>>58317296
It's stalling, make sure to hold the clutch down.
>>
install bacon
>>
That's what you get for buying Nvidia.
>>
File: poorly drawn kot.png (23KB, 587x466px) Image search: [Google]
poorly drawn kot.png
23KB, 587x466px
>that wallpaper

worse than the book desu
>>
Happens to me occasionally, reseating all the ram usually fixes it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.