[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How feasible will this be? Is there a better way to do it? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Network movies idea.png (24KB, 1376x572px) Image search: [Google]
Network movies idea.png
24KB, 1376x572px
How feasible will this be?

Is there a better way to do it? How do you download media and watch on TV?
>>
>>58314779
Is your TV a smart TV? You know the one connected to the internet with screen mirroring and youtube and all those fancy shit?
>>
I connect "Main PC" to "TV" via "HDMI"
>>
>>58314779
I do something similar to this. The PC has Transmission and Plex. TV has a Chromecast
>>
>>58314795
It is not, but it does have a Nexus player. I have been using a microusb flash drive to view movies on it for about a year now but the file size limit is under 2gb I believe for the drive format. Is there a way for the Nexus player to access all the media on my main PC?

>>58314803

I can do this, but I use it all the time and I don't think there's be much room for control for the viewer if I'm always using it.

>>58314812
Can you elaborate on Plex? Am I able to watch all my media if my PC with Plex is installed? Ty
>>
You need a router between the computers. I hope you have a gigabit network.
>>
>>58314779
>How do you download media and watch on TV?

>>58314837
No he doesn't, my desktop's connected directly to my server.
>>
>>58314779
Yes it is feasible. Easiest way would be to use BT Sync on one new folder that you only use just for media to show on the TV. Unfortunately, then you would not be able to start watching before it's done downloading. You could just transfer with sftp for that, or if you have a fast router, just throw it on a samba share that you browse to from the "low power" pc
>>
>>58314822
>I can do this, but I use it all the time and I don't think there's be much room for control for the viewer if I'm always using it.
Ah, so you're not actually watching anything.
>>
>>58314779
Http://plex.tv
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.