[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switching hdds back and forth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: hgst_hdd_open.jpg (663KB, 2349x2016px) Image search: [Google]
hgst_hdd_open.jpg
663KB, 2349x2016px
I recently bought a new hdd, replaced it with old one, installed the os etc.I've backed up some stuff on a usb from the old hdd,however, I forgot to backup a thing or two.Since I only bought the hdd on itself I didn't get the 2 cables with it.My question is can I just replace my new hdd with my old one to send some stuff on my usb and then replace the old one back with the new one?Is that process safe?I mean, the drivers are all the same pretty much idk if that can fk up something.I'm to lazy to buy a new sata and data cable.
>>
>>58310177
Bump
>>
>>58310320
>thinks he can bump his own thread
doesn't work that way.

I'll bump it though.
>>
>>58310350
I'm desperate
>>
>>58310350
Srsly don't want to wait til friday to go to the tech store to get another sata/data cable
>>
>>58310409
Of course you can. Sometimes Windows can start bitching but you can always use life cd
>>
>>58310177
You can do it, you could even take that hard drive and put in another computer and it would still work, although windows wouldn't be activated in that cause but that wouldn't matter for your purpose.
>>
>>58310442
>>58310460
Thanks, saved me a lot of time mates
>>
File: DVD-amd64.png (2MB, 1485x1502px) Image search: [Google]
DVD-amd64.png
2MB, 1485x1502px
this should help
>>
File: 1478051035500.jpg (857KB, 992x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1478051035500.jpg
857KB, 992x1403px
>>58310177
Should have got an SSD

And yes, you most likely can. Just try it.
>>
>>58310177
If you are asking if you can take the new drives back out, put your old drives back in, get the files, pull the old drives again, and then reinstall the new drives,
yes you can. absolutely. I swap drives like this all the time and have for years. Its probably a bad habit or some other form of being frowned upon because muh mating cycles blah blah
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.