[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pixar using Red Hat and GNOME 3 b-but /g/ told me no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>Pixar using Red Hat and GNOME 3

b-but /g/ told me no
>>
>>58307575
Nothing wrong with RHEL/Fedora, but gnome 3 isn't very nice. It's a step back from gnome 2 in design and functionality.

They're probably using it because it's the default DE.
>>
You speak of Pixar as if their decision holds any meaning? Pixar and dreamworks killed animated movies, it never recovered from the transition from 2D to 3D because it is all just an excuse to have as many jokes as possible. Nobody remembers these films for more than a week after they see them. Every single pixar and dreamworks film is 100% identical.

There is literally no other genre that died as hard as animation in such a short amount of time.
>>
>>58307612
nope. gnome-shell-classic is the default, to use gnome-shell you have to choose it. that's gnome-shell proper in the pic

gnome-shell >>>> gnome2
>>
>/g/ told me

Linux users on here are retarded, now you know better than to listen to them.
>>
>>58307626
>You speak of Pixar as if their decision holds any meaning?
but /g/ told me that linux on the desktop is useless in any industry but software development
>>
Linux is the most-used operating system in the video editing business.
>>
>>58307657
Neo /g/ told you that. /g/ told you to install Gentoo.
>>
>>58307626
Don't you ever get tired of your autism and contrarianism?
>>
>>58307657
that is the children from /v/... If you see anyone using windows then it's just a gaymer child and you can disregard what they say.
>>
>>58308911
That's not true, though. Sure, they will definitely have games because who uses computers, Windows especially and doesn't game?, but there are still lots of older folk using linux and windows sharing bits of old info from systems that they have had no need to update. There's also a lot of programmers that use both OS and might not be as knowledgeable about linux as maybe some random OS operator.

Sometimes it's best to take the good with the bad.
>>
>>58309822
>There's also a lot of programmers that use both OS and might not be as knowledgeable about linux as maybe some random OS operator.

I do... I mostly use windows at work, but it is horrible and I wish I could use Linux without any trouble... It has nothing to do with the technology, but just the peace of mind of my colleagues.
>>
>>58307575

Pixar uses their own in-house tools and resources for a lot of it. Many "known-for-3D" production groups do. Weta is one of the few groups that uses mostly "off-the-shelf" solutions if I recall.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.