[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Apple going to respond to the Surface Studio Already!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

When are they going to reveal their version of the Surface Studio?! Because if they don't do it soon im jumping ship to Surface Studio.
>>
>>58303171
>apple
>usability

If they cared even a little about faggots who like to draw shit, they would have made that giant mbp trackpad pen compatible
>>
>>58305129
> they would have made that giant mbp trackpad pen compatible
This, making the touchpad a large touch display with pen input would have been way more useful than the fucking touchbar
>>
>>58303171
Unless you are an illustrator or 3d modeller, the surface studio is not useful to you and you know it.
Stop wasting your money on things you don't need you cuck.
>>
>>58303171
Apple literally doesn't give a shit about Macintosh anymore.
>>
>>58305129
Are you some inbred?

Fucking iPad Pro has almost next to Wacom level touchscreen specially for drwing it's fucking amazing. Plus it has no input lag literally none, and i've used a wacom 27" just recently and couldn't believe it still has lag.

Say waht you want about iMAcs but the iPad wasa great move in the right direction, all they have to do is make the iMac like a surface Studio and Apple would be raping the money specially from designers because that shit can run 3D software too, it would change the industry overnight.
>>
>>58305727
I'm an artist.

Although more of a 3D artist been using a iMac lately for ease kinda wish it had a touchscreen built in and the neck to adjust like a drafting table and I would lap that up. No pun intended.
>>
>>58305789
>macOS Sierra the best and most rock-solid macOS release since Mavericks
>doesn't give a shit
Kaiden
>>
>>58305823
It really isnt the best OS ever it's fucking dogshite, everything apple generally is
>>
>>58305792
>hey goy, if you have a 2016 Macbook Pro but you want to draw, just buy an iPad Pro for $799
>>
>>58305844
That's the only downside, I admit. I'm not sure why they couldn't implement that shit into their macbookpros as touch screen with detachable keyboard maybe?
>>
>>58305823
It's literally El Capitan that comes with a retarded assistant.
>>
>>58305835
t. wintoddler
>>
File: 1480597718136.jpg (168KB, 1600x1456px) Image search: [Google]
1480597718136.jpg
168KB, 1600x1456px
>touch screens on desktops and laptops
>>
>>58303171
>When are they going to reveal their version of the Surface Studio
They aren't

>Because if they don't do it soon im jumping ship to Surface Studio
Looks like you are jumping then.

Apple has pretty much abandoned Mac R&D. They might have a couple products in the pipeline still, but it'd not looking like the Mac is long for this world:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-20/how-apple-alienated-mac-loyalists

https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/19/apples-tim-cook-assures-employees-that-it-is-committed-to-the-mac-and-that-great-desktops-are-coming/

>>58305789
>Apple literally doesn't give a shit about Macintosh anymore
This nigga gets it.

>>58305792
>Fucking iPad Pro
not a mac

Macfags need to wake up and realize that Apple is abandoning them. Might as well switch now before you buy another dead-end product.
>>
>>58305944
Why not? Windows literally kickstarted this bullshit

Apple have fallen behind on this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMLA8YIgG0
>>
>>58305862
It's not that they couldn't, the literally don't WANT to, they want their customers to pay enormous amounts of money to me able to do what they want, see:

laptops with only usb-c ports, making they buy a shitton of adapters, because they didn't even want to make a usb-c docking station

if you want to draw you also have to buy a really expensive ipad just for the pen support, and now you rely on icloud and itunes to move these drawings from your ipad, because it doesn't even has a real file system

iphones with no headphone jack, so you need to buy adapters or rely on expensive shitty bluetooth earphones
>>
>>58305965
>windows 10 touch bullshit
Die, subhuman
>>
>>58306001
Bruh, those guys above me literally posted how Apple is giving up on us it's to go to windows, I didnt think this would happen but im not gonna lie their macbook pro reveal and price hikes really put me off.

Plus I want to do top end 3D stuff andApple just dont support my needs anymore.
>>
File: 2017-01-03-17-21-54--933285050.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-03-17-21-54--933285050.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>58305822
Yes you sure are a "performance artist". Saying apple has any actual uses apart from looking decent is like saying you can use a chromebook to render in 4k

>>58305933

>implying that's something that exists

Time to go back to your non upgradeable 16 gigs of RAM so you can shitpost on leddit little faggot. Call me when your encode time to h264 takes less than 2 days.
>>
I'm an artist and I never used Apple in the first place. But for design work, some companies are still demanding you use a Mac and Sketch.
I would not get the Surface Studio now, probably wait until 3rd or 4th gen, if it's still around
>>
File: pc gamer.jpg (326KB, 660x546px) Image search: [Google]
pc gamer.jpg
326KB, 660x546px
>>58306102
t. wintoddler
>>
Apple has a big fucking problem

They don't know when to stop with experimenting with stupid shit. They have so much potential in the market they could easily knock out their main competitors, but instead they do whatever they can to disappoint. I used to hate on Jobs, but I can see why his death was a problem: the company is just getting worse and worse without him.

I picture Tim Cook as this guy who goes to bed at night and cries himself to sleep asking for jobs to come back from the dead because he doesn't literally know what the fuck to do with this mess of a company. He just wants to have different products for the sake of being different, no matter how stupid.

Hell, they fucked up enough that now you have people hating on any apple product without even knowing what it is. Kinda like the religious applefags, only they shit on apple products instead of buying them the first day. This was caused by their incompetence.
>>
>>58305965
I totally expected apple to push the meme laptop touch screen bullshit but it seems they understand just how pointless such a feature is. I'm pretty sure microsoft only did it because they're trying to take over apple/googles cloud based vertically integrated walled garden of death where there's a dumbed down touch screen app for everything. Apple won't do it because they already have the ipad and they'd rather people buy that.

Either way, why would you want to put your filthy fingers all over your screen when you already have a keyboard and mouse?
>>
>>58306102
actually imac can go upto 32gb fyi
>>
>>58306184
I mean it would be cool option for creative's or as a quick access thing if you're in bed it could come in handy but then when you get a good place to sit down and go in you could go laptop mode, I think it's definitely plausible. But I dont understand why they didnt do it first they fucking around with ipad airs and minis when they could just fucking concentrate ona better market if people see a value in it, but the hipsters ruined it
>>
>>58306184
Because touch is a better input method anytime you use your laptop anywhere that's not on a desk? Do you use your smartphone in landscape mode 100% of the time?
>>
>>58305965
wow that looks fantastic I would get one of this things but I dont draw.
Also Apple is getting rekt from all sides

>>58306022
Yes apple is getting behind on power maibe they plan to ad a external graphic card or somthing to compensate it

>>58306184
>I'm pretty sure microsoft only did it because they're trying to take over apple/googles cloud based

Na Windows has played it pretty well at the moment, they made an os for all platforms phone, tablets and PC, android and Apple have multiple OS for each platform (i know windows phone failed)

Admit it guys Apple is in downfall, just check this board and you will notice it if you pay attention. Most post are of the type "I bought an Macbook tell me that I dont fucked up"
Alot of shilling about Apple try harding to get that sad feeling when you made a bad purchase
>>
>>58305823
Sierra is Yosemite part 2 with even more bugs

El Cap is the last good OS until further notice
>>
>>58303171
apple can't. OSX is not designed for touch and putting iOS with no x86 applications on some kind of an giant iPad would be stupid.
>>
>>58305792
yeah, but how is that of use if you don't have the industry standard software available? as far as i know there is no adobe suite compatible with iOS, so why should any serious designer or artist buy it?
>>
>>58306184
>Either way, why would you want to put your filthy fingers all over your screen when you already have a keyboard and mouse?
think of the bigger picture: now it is a feature you can ignore and probably feels a little off - but in the future, this will be the main input method. think of all the children born since like 2005, they grow up in a touch screen world and some of them will think of keyboards and mice like we do about tape drives.
>>
>>58306633
what creatiove cloud is available on imac

my whole point is they should just make an imac like surface studio that way it can work
>>
>>58306866
>my whole point is they should just make an imac like surface studio that way it can work
macOS is not touch friendly and iOS can't execute x86 applications. it's just not possible in the near future and i don't think apple will go through the whole process of redesigning macOS to be touch friendly.
>>
File: 1476289370042.png (344KB, 720x826px) Image search: [Google]
1476289370042.png
344KB, 720x826px
>>58303171
>Are Apple going to respond to the Surface Studio Already!?
They already have.
>>
>>58307324
Not saying they did it right with the ports, but do people honestly connect all of that shit frequently to their macbooks?

I mean sure, there's a lot of adaptors out there for any random shit you can find. But come the fuck on, you're not going to bring your USB kettle with you everywhere, are you now?
>>
>>58306541

> they made an os for all platforms phone, tablets and PC

You act like this is a good thing. As someone who only uses Windows for gaming, all of the touchscreen mobile bullshit Win10 shoves down your throat makes me despise using it every time. Apple at least focuses on having a desktop OS act like a desktop OS and a smartphone OS act like a smartphone OS

> Admit it guys Apple is in downfall, just check this board
>Taking the opinions of NEET neckbeards seriously
>>
>>58307324
>HEY GUYS WHEN YOU PLUG 6 THINGS INTO YOUR LAPTOP IS LOOKS CLUTTERED

These pictures are so fucking stupid, it's like they are purposely trying to plug as many dongles and shit as possible to make it look messy, as if any other laptop wouldn't also look like shit with all of that plugged in.
>>
>>58303171
that ship sailed for apple when their ipad pro turned out to be a big ipad rather than an ipad running a touch friendly version of os x

they don't care any more.

they've killed the air. they've killed the mini, they'll kill the pro, they'll kill the imac and move to selling thunderbolt accessories for their laptops that 'enhance' them and improve profit margins to replace those smaller markets.

the computer line will become as 'streamlined' as their other product divisions becuase it makes comparatively so little money for them so just suck it up and move on.
>>
File: 1482723227088.jpg (65KB, 361x440px) Image search: [Google]
1482723227088.jpg
65KB, 361x440px
>>58307324
>>
>>58307455
you'd need a dongle to connect:

a non usb-c flash drive/hard drive
a non usb-c screen
a sd card
a phone/tablet
a drawing tablet

if they really cared about professionals, the least of things they should've made was an usb-c dock, like one of those dell docks, instead of selling 10+ adapters, each one that does at most 3 things barely
>>
>>58307324
>I need to use 6 peripherals at once
>>
>>58307949
you can do all that with 3 adapters

usb-c to usb
usb-c to video
usb-c to card reader (unless you already have one that is usb)
>>
>>58308020
MBP's are mobile workstations, so it's not impossible to have users who have actually the need for multiple ports. my old powerbook had fw400, fw800, 2xusb, power, dvi, ethernet, 2x audio, svideo and a fucking pcmcia-slot. 12 years ago i could connect everything on it. today, not even the iphone can connect out of the box.
>>
>>58308105
this is literally stupid

>hey, here's my flash drive, take the files you need
>sure, let me get my adapter

>hey, there isn't wifi here, only ethernet
>sure, let me get my other adapter

>hey, can you make the presentation in the projector?
>uhh.. sorry, I forgot my adapter

>hey, can you take a look at the photos in this sd card?
>I didn't buy a sd card adapter, I use le Bluetooth

go home suck a cock, cook
>>
>>58308238
apparently using an adapter is a herculean feat

>there isn't wifi here
what year do you think it is?

>I forgot my adapter
remembering an adapter is not difficult
>>
>>58308238
also, in a few years you will be the guy with a adapters because all tech will be USB-C.
>>
>>58308238
>go home suck a cock, cook
not an insult for him, he likes that and is probably doing this right now.
>>
>>58308634
>put one legacy usb-a port on a laptop is impossible
i'm pretty sure ives threatened to kill himself if they forced him to do that.
>>
>>58305727
Professional illustrator/designer/animator here.

Pen tracking was good (not great), but palm rejection was rubbish. Dial is a neat toy but not as useful as the buttons on Wacom products.Hinge is impressive but doesn't seem to lock at any interval besides being all the way down.

And to top it all off, I can't repair or upgrade it.

For that kind of money, I'd sooner buy a Wacom PC. They can't be upgraded, but they're at least portable and have a better pen and buttons.
>>
Macs aren't their business anymore. Look at any major tech site, even ones that love Apple; they're all writing about how OSX is legacy now and how Apple would rather iterate on their phones and tablets.

Lack of SD reader on Macbooks is a slap to the face for photographers, full stop. Lack of new desktops (what's it been? 3 years?) means you're not going to see people animating or developing games on OSX anytime soon because they're so far behind the current trends.

Apple gave up on desktops AND the creative industry. Know what the last product that was aimed at creatives? The iPad Pro. A fucking giant iPad with a pencil.Not even some new OS or anything. It's literally a giant phone you can draw on.

All Apple cares about is iOS because that's where the money is. And all the professionals are being told to just fuck themselves.

The FUNNIEST fucking thing? Microsoft didn't even CARE about artists using the Surface Pro! Remember THIS ad?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr3dFSzh1yU

They totally stumbled into the Professional Creative demographic. And now look at them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMLA8YIgG0

It's a crazy time.
>>
An Apple executive said they're not going to make touch screen desktops.
>>
>>58305944
It's actually pretty great. Don't really see it being too useful on a normal monitor but on one that essentially turns into a giant tablet, sure, why not?
>>
>>58303171
>jumping shit
>to NSA botnet

Better delete your pr0n first anon.
>>
>>58310608
Pen tracking is way superior to Wacom, the cursor is always under the pen tip no matter what. Pressure sensitivity can be tuned so there's no advantage there, except it's a bit harder to initially actuate.
Palm Rejection is pretty shit, but Windows automatically reverses all the touch actions after the pen returns to within 2cm from the screen.
>>
>>58308617
>Apparently using an adapter is a Herculean feat

It's not, it's having to buy/order a bunch of extra bullshit to use your 2000+$ laptop
>>
>>58311325
Surfaces have always lagged behind on tracking. Even the original (with Wacom) was slower than proper Wacom. Surface Studio is the best they've made, and what I'd consider the baseline for what's acceptable, but I still wasn't comfortable with making clean inks, hatching, etc. like I can on a Cintiq.

Surface Studio does have really little-to-no parallax, which is nice, but makes me afraid to press too hard (I tend to be heavy-handed when I write/draw). Cintiqs have more parallax than I like, though the newer ones seem to correct this.

As for palm recognition, my coat sleeve was drawing on the screen while my pen was firmly on the screen. I didn't even know my coat could register on a touchscreen. The hour I spent with it was pretty negative.
>>
>>58311522
>It's not, it's having to buy/order a bunch of extra bullshit to use your 2000+$ laptop
this. you can't sell a device targeted at professionals lacking ports to use their gear on it.
>>
>>58305792
no one asked about the ipad pro.
>>
File: USB-3-1-Type-C-Female-To.jpg (70KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
USB-3-1-Type-C-Female-To.jpg
70KB, 1000x1000px
>>58307949

You know USB-C to micro-USB cables exist, right?
Most of those peripherals you listed there have detachable micro-USB cables that can easily be replaced with a $10 USB-C cable.
>>
>>58303171
They already have a product for that nice, it's called the iPad Pro.
>>
>>58315166
That's a different niche, the iPad Pro isn't a desktop or even close to the size of a desktop monitor
>>
>>58305823
Shit hasn't really changed in years and that's how we like it. Under the hood fixes and minor tweaks aside, OS X has been virtually the same since 10.6
>>
>>58315178
Not to mention it's running a cellphone OS.
>>
>>58315178
>>58315189
You say it's a different niche, Apple says it's their touch screen computer for people who seem to think they need one.
>>
>>58315293
Apple can say whatever the fuck they want, it's still not a comparable device to Microsoft's.
>>
>>58305727
>Unless you are an illustrator
n-trig is awful. the surface studio is not useful for illustrators.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.