[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ headphone general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 36

File: download.jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 284x177px
~~ PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE ~~

>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones
>>
File: audiophile.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
audiophile.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Please help, /hpg/

>Budget
£100-£200, flexible, but not more than £300
>Location
UK
>Source
Primary: Digital Piano (6.35mm / 1/4 inch)
I will also use it for my laptop and possibly my phone
>Type of headphone
Full-sized over-ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Extremely comfortable
>Sound signature
Neutral - for classical music/piano
>Other
Detachable, single sided cable
Helpful if it comes with a 3m cable and 1/4 inch adapter/jack, but I can buy those separately if needed
Great noise isolation
Comfort and noise isolation are the priorities.
>>
>>58292108
comfort and noise isolation tend to be opposites
I'd say get m40x with replacement pads, neutral, single sided detachable cable, good noise isolation due to the strong clamp

I think you'd prefer a bright sound profile but hey

as for the pads, hm5 are a good cheap bet, if you want to be a big boy, have a look at ZMF/Alpha lambskin or auray sheepskin
>>
>>58292108
Oh. My. Goodness! My senses feel assaulted … as would my wallet, if I had had to pay for these. With every smack of the snare and blare of a trumpet my eyes wince in pain. Fast transient edges are transformed into indiscriminate micro-bursts of tizz. Likewise, low notes are powerful, but have lost all definition as they are reduced to a bloated blur. The mid-range seems like it could be pretty good, but I hear it as so disconnected from all else that I could hardly keep track of what’s what in the confused aural picture. I’ve heard worse headphones before, but for $2749 these have got to be the worst price/performance headphones I’ve ever experienced.

>tfw it's actually pain not pleasure
>>
File: a34a5ew.jpg (210KB, 729x729px) Image search: [Google]
a34a5ew.jpg
210KB, 729x729px
>>58292038
I need a pair of bluetooth earphones for sport activities, please help me out

>Budget
$20 if there is no real difference between a $20 one and a $80 one
>Location
Hungary
>Source
LG G3
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
wouldn't mind if it was comfortable while actually staying in/on my ears
>Sound signature
I like the v shape
>>
File: 1465826447258.jpg (42KB, 390x562px) Image search: [Google]
1465826447258.jpg
42KB, 390x562px
Is burn in just placebo bullshit? Or should I play some pink noise on my new headphones overnight?

I had just assumed it was the user getting used to the new headphone and not actually any tonal difference.
>>
>Budget
$200
>Location
USA
>Source
smsl m3 or bravo v2
>Type of headphone
Full-sized Over-ear
>Open or closed
Either but semi-open or open preferred
>Comfort level
Good enough to wear for a few hours minimum
>Sound signature
Neutral
>Past headphones
m40x, dt770 pro, hd 558, hd600
>Other
Want to try orthodynamic headphones looking at Fostex t50RP MK. III and getting the mayflower electronics mod kit.
>>
>>58292532
placebo bullshit
>>
>>58292276
>comfort and noise isolation tend to be opposites
I don't mind if the headphones are giant, as I have quite a large head.

>I think you'd prefer a bright sound profile but hey
Would you please elaborate?
>>
>>58292532
either it's a complete placebo or it's real but takes like a few minutes to "burn in"
you definitely don't need to leave it on overnight

>>58292595
classical/piano favors bright
if you have quite the large head, I doubt the large clamp of the m40x will be an advantage
>>
>>58292535
what's wrong with your 600?
>>
>>58292719
Nothing, wearing them atm. Just want to try something new.
>>
I know closed=/=open but how does the bass on the x2 compare with the bass on DT 770's?
>>
>>58292739
>want to try something new
>asks for the same thing
you ok anon?

I guess get 400i
>>
>>58292746
less, but very strong for open
>>
>>58292701
>classical/piano favors bright
I've read that a neutral/balanced signature is better.
>>
>>58292038
>Budget
~120$
>Location
US
>Source
PC/PS4 my current monitor doesnt have built-in speakers and I dont want another pair of speakers on my small desk
>Type of headphone
Full-Sized
>Comfort level
I'll be wearing them for long amounts of time so pretty comfy
>Past headphones
only ever used apple earphones (Yes I know)
>>
I got help in the previous thread, and it gave me a taste for something even higher budget.

I'm looking for high end IEMs, but not to the point where I need a 1000usd amp to get the most out of them.

Will be using them with my pc, phone and tablet via a portable dac(amp if needed) which I'd love to get help with as well.

Budget maxing at 900usd for everything.

I was recommended campfire audio orion, thanks anon, and their higher end caught my eyes.
Their Jupiter version to be exact. But since I'm in sweden I have to import which will get too expensive.

What are my european options?

I also wasnt aware, until previous thread, about the different kind of drivers.

The campfire audio jupiter uses 4 drivers while the orion uses a single BA driver.. iirc.
From what I understand after reading up on it a bit, single BA usually delivers a clearer resolution for the cost of sub bass and can be inside a completely sealed enclosure, while the dynamic drivers can sound deeper at the cost of overall resolution and needs an "open" enclosure?

I'm not a basshead, but I love when headphones/IEMs can massage your brain.
Should I focus on a specific kind of driver(and amount of drivers) depending on what I listen to? Or do they perform equally in a certain pricerange?
>>
File: Reviewbrah.gif (2MB, 240x192px) Image search: [Google]
Reviewbrah.gif
2MB, 240x192px
>>58292535

>Sound signature
>Neutral

>Past headphones
>m40x, hd600

>Just want to try something new
>>
is it normal that dt 770's make me feel sick? I think its from the tight seal around my ears. Will I get used to this?
>>
>>58293116
>>58292964
I've heard the lows on orthodynamic headphones are more "full" but it sounds like there is little to no difference.
>>
>>58292532
It depends on the driver design I guess. Some headphones I got had noticeable crackling right out of the box and needed a few minutes for it to go away, some sounded better after a few days, the rest didn't change at all.
>>
File: IMG_0262.jpg (460KB, 1400x931px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0262.jpg
460KB, 1400x931px
>Budget
~$300

>Location
Sweden

>Source
Mostly iPhone 6s or O2 Dac/amp

>Type of headphone
Portable, out and about
Have to look nice
On the smaller size with some noise isolation
Wireless is a plus

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Fairly comfortable but not it's most important point

>Sound signature
Prefer V-shape with some thump and crispness

>Past headphones
Using DT990 as main at computer but only have EarPods as portable

I really consider the B&W P5 Wireless since it seems to be a good balance between style, sound, portability, comfort and noise isolation.
Any of you guys that have them or anything other from B&W?
>>
I've a pair of HD201 for work and at home.

I recently bought a pair of Sony 7506/1's for my sister and HOLY SHIY.

I just wanted to say thanks /g/, I'll probably buy myself another pair and be done with finding good headphones for a while.
>>
File: file.png (126KB, 592x372px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
126KB, 592x372px
I have the V-Moda m100 Wireless, Should I bother with a schiit stack?
>>
>>58293120
Bend the headband a bit, grabbing by the band itself and not the cups, it's metallic so you can do that. I don't think it's the clasp force thought, DTs are made for big heads, it might be the closed design combined with V shaped signature that's fatiguing you.
>>
>>58293411
but I have a small head and I feel nauseous even if the sound is off and I just have them on my head for a while. I can stand maybe 20 minutes or so before it starts to set in.
>>
File: 1471851295272.png (473KB, 587x574px) Image search: [Google]
1471851295272.png
473KB, 587x574px
>Budget
$300
>Location
Chile
>Source
E10k
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Both are fine, would prefer open.
>Comfort level
very comfortable.
>Sound signature
Neutral, no treble spikes or niggerbass.
>Past headphones
shure se215, like them. Want something comfy for home use.
>>
File: help.jpg (74KB, 966x305px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
74KB, 966x305px
I'm planning to buy a mixer of some sort to create the setup in pic related. Any advice on what to buy? Basically, it should mix two 3,5mm lines into one and simultaneously level an XLR mic (output via a different 3,5mm channel to plug into my PC). Is there a device for ~100$ that can do that or am I better off just buying a stereo-mixer and a cheap interface for the mic?
>>
>Budget
20€
>Location
Greece
>Source
Smartphone
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
Quite comfy
>Sound singature
Don't know but I like rock and metal
>>
fucking help pls >>58292496
>>
>>58293783
>>58292496
Best place to ask this is /csg/ but ill save you the time and tell you KZ HDSE
You can get them on amazon or slightly cheaper on a chink site
>>
Anyone knows a non 'I am long and thin piece of shit' cable for Sennheiser HD600? I don't need titanium plated 'audiophile' cable, just a nice short one, maybe coiled, maybe textured with something for stiffer build.

Also since we are on topic of aftermarket upgrades, any good pad replacement to original ones? They are ok, but I would like them to be just a tiny bit bigger.
>>
>>58293180
>wants the same thing
>suggest the same thing but better
>there's little to no difference
am I getting trolled?
>>
>>58293571
Sennheiser HD600, no niggabass, no treble spikes, sound is somewhat relaxed and more so just natural. Try to audition them and if you fell that you want a warmer more relaxed sound you might want to check HD650 although measurements show that their treble along with bass is bit elevated.
>>
>>58293323
be a real man and roll with the dt770 in style
fuck haters
fuck portability

you know when it comes to it, all the bitches are going to want to suck your dick

if you really have to be a pussy, MSR7; you probably won't like them as much because you use DT990 at home, which have more bass & treble, but hey, you decided you wanted to live the pussy life
apparently they have a bluetooth verison now as well called the DSR7BT which are apparently as good as the MSR7, but you'll most likely have to deal with importing from asia then
>>
>>58293921
msr7's don't have a thumpy v shape like he wants though
>>
>>58293571
400i/600
a lot of complains about hifiman customer support lately, so if you want to be safe, maybe stick with the 600

>>58293744
HJE125

>>58293783
all I know is the jaybird X1 is a good pair of bluetooth in ears, but they're most likely out of your budget

>>58293607
> Basically, it should mix two 3,5mm lines into one
I'm not certain, but I think I've read some article about this, mentioning that this is impossible to do in a good fashion. There are workarounds, but they're not good things to do and not as good as you might imagine

It might not be this exact thing but something similar though
>>
Any focal elear owners here? How would you describe their sound and is there any other headphones that lie in the same type of sound? Became more I read on elear, more I feel that it's HD600 but upgraded.
>>
Wan some good audiophile grade headphone for gaymen and music

> Price Range
$200
> Location
USA
> Source
Computer through motherboard (MAYBE Phone)
> Type of headphone
Full sized
> Open or Closed
Closed
> Comfort level
they need to be very comforatable, enough for 10+ maybe hours
> Sound signature
Not sure what this is. I'm an audio noob so idunno
> Past headphones
Steelseries Siberia V2
>>
Beoplay H5.
Does leather on these degrade over time?

I had Bowers and Wilkins P5, they were amazing, but after like 4 years of active use they started leaking some oils (most probably, I am still not sure, but whenever put on something like paper they would leave grease stains). And then I've looked up at my warranty and there's a small text regarding no warranty upon leather degradation. Sad.
>>
>>58293987
I own a pair of MSR7. Not super great for music that focuses on bass, but shit everything else besides electronic just sounds amazing.

I really like the headphones personally.
>>
>>58293987
Not necessarily a thump v-shape but in that area is what I prefer but I'm open to try the P5 sound
>>
>>58294065
how do you feel about the Ultrasone PRO900 S-Logic? I think they're considered bass cannons
>>
>>58294027
dt770
>>
>>58293987
like I said, he'll like it less because it's more balanced than it is V shaped, but if he wants normie points, that's what he'll have to roll with I think
>>
>>58294104
Sorry but they look hideous so I'll pass
>>
>>58294121
just buy the urbanite then
>>
>>58292276
>comfort and noise isolation tend to be opposites
sometimes.
you can get a good medium between the two as long as the pads are made out of a nice material, form the the shape of your head, and have a large surface area

ZMF or Alpha Pads are a good example of this.
>>
>>58292746
X2's bass is looser and lacks sub-bass considerably in comparison, but trades that out for less recessed mid range, and great soundstage.
I personally like 770's more, but there are people who are the opposite as well.
>>
>>58294106
250 or 80 oms?
>>
>>58293116
STAX breh
>>
>>58293323
Those are the most /gay/ headphones I've ever seen. Honestly, I'd rather be seen wearing 770's than those.

>>58293366
No. A Fulla 2 would be as far as I go with headphones of that caliber.
>>
>>58294322
80, 250 is a pain to bring on the go, which you might use it for occasionally
>>
>>58293852
Make your own. Costs like 10 bucks. Far less if you sacrifice the old cable.
>>
>>58294384
Can you explain why?
I'm not doubting you, I've just never made this kind of purchase before so I'm unsure
>>
>>58294317
>X2's bass is looser and lacks sub-bass considerably in comparison
Dude what, my X2 have very tight, controlled and punchy bass.
>>
>>58294336
their house sound is not neutral in any respect.
>>
>>58294336
Any good STAX under $300?
This is the best deal I can find is STAX SR-L300 for $430
>>
>>58294412
They don't. For open headphones of their price in comparison, maybe, but only because they have so few competitors. Against 770's, they lose in every way in terms of low end.
>>
>>58294403
I assume you're the dude with the M100's, and not the dude who I told the headphones looked gay to.

I wouldn't go with a Schiit Stack at your point because you could benefit so much more by just purchasing better headphones. M100's aren't bad by any means, but you'd be getting a much better increase in quality in another pair of headphones and something simple like a Fulla 2, rather than M100's and a Schiit Stack.

I'd really only recommend a Schiit Stack when you've got headphones that can actually take advantage of it, like HD 600's and the like.
>>
>>58294600
Okay that makes alot of sense, Thank you.
>>
File: HTB1Ip9lKpXXXXXsXVXXq6xXFXXXP.jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1Ip9lKpXXXXXsXVXXq6xXFXXXP.jpg
101KB, 800x600px
>chink ""JVC"" FXT-90 IEMs only $25 on aliexpress
are these a shitty clone or a somewhat acceptable one?
>>
>>58294621
Why bother? You can get some actually /good/ chi-fi like Tennmak Pro's and a fuck ton more for a similar price.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Tennmak-Tenmk-Pro-Dual-Dynamic-Driver-Professional-In-Ear-Sport-Detach-Earphone-Headphones-with-Microphone-Remote/1183804_32624020655.html
>>
>>58294677
>duble drivers
>>
>>58294731
Who fucking cares about how many drivers as long as they sound good and are affordable.
>>
>>58294739
>spuer sound performance
>>
>>58294753
>creazy cello
>5 Hz - 70 KHz
Stop it, I'm dying.
>>
>>58294753
>>58294778
the fuck drugs are you on
>>
File: Ghettorig.jpg (449KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ghettorig.jpg
449KB, 1920x1080px
Needed to ghettorig my earpads because Amazon fucked up the delivery of the replacement.

New delivery date is thursday, hope this time for real, because the acoustic properties of kitchen towel are shit.
>>
>Budget
$500-600
>Location
Anywhere
>Source
everything
>Type of headphone
doesn't matter
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
why would you ever use something that is uncomfortable over long sessions
>Sound signature
muh edm bass
>Past headphones
TH-X00, SHP9500, t40rp mk3

Looking for something that can take abuse, and is easy to pack away. folding flat preferred.

thinking about the audeze el8. any ideas?
>>
I can't hear above 16 khz. Is there any reason for me to buy anything other than a shit gaming headset? I hear as well as my grandmother, I just don't want to waste my money.
>>
File: 1413103004012.png (52KB, 741x290px) Image search: [Google]
1413103004012.png
52KB, 741x290px
>>58295087
Another day, another happy Snapheiser user.
>>
>>58295184
hearing range doesnt actually mean much
there are various damages other than just hearing cut-off
I can only hear up to 15k, yet i can easily discern the differences between headphones
>>
>>58295191
I wouldn't exchange this one for a contemporary Sennheiser, though. They're awesome, older than me and a family heirloom.
>>
>>58295228
Thanks for the response. I haven't heard headphones other than the 5 year old turtle beaches I used to own. I figured I'd spend $200 on some headphones and see what the hype is about.
>>
>>58295268
If anything, you'd want to buy better headphones if only for the comfort and build quality. Turtle beaches are shit on both of those fronts.
Surprised they lasted that long if anything.

Fill out a form in the OP if you want advice. The more detailed the better.
>>
>>58295228
>hearing range doesnt actually mean much
Sure thing, grandpa.
>>
>>58295323
In terms of being able to discern details
It obviously has the main issue of not being able to hear an large fucking range of frequencies
Didn't think I seriously needed to explain that
>>
>>58295298
Those turtle beaches lasted through my high school years and a ton of abuse. I always thought they sounded really good and were really comfortable. Apparently I'm wrong, so I'm hoping I get my mind blown. I already have a couple in mind.
>>
>>58295371
I mean, if they are one of the higher end models, they may not be too bad. The cheaper ones are just infamous for being complete twigs.

What headphones do you have in mind?
>>
>Budget $500 max for DAC/AMP/headphones

>Location USA

>Source PC

>Type of headphone Over ear

>Open or closed both

>Comfort level as high as possible

>Sound signature bassy as fuck
>>
>>58295393
Surprisingly it was the original $55 x11s

And I'm thinking about getting the audio technica ATH-AD700x. Worried about the comfort though.
>>
>>58295444
Whole ATH-AD line is feather light and extremely comfy, get 900x though, it's only a bit more expensive.
>>
>>58295444
AD700x are a good headphone, but you may have issues coming from a closed back, [presumably] bassy headphone.
700x are quite bass light. The bass is perfectly detailed, its just not very present.

That said, you don't have many alternatives in that price range, especially nothing with the same quality imaging as the ADx series. Its ultimately down to preference though.

I'd also agree with >>58295492 too
They're comfy as fuck.
>>
>>58295430
dt770
>>
>Budget
300€
>Location
Northern Europe
>Source
Desktop PC
>Type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
Either
>Comfort level
Top comfy
>Sound signature
Strong V or punchy, action movie lows
>Past headphones
ATH-meme50
>>
>>58294677
What are some comparable non chink versions of these? I've been looking for good iem's with this shape but all under $100 seem to be bass heavy.
>>
>>58293099

IEMs will never need a $1000 amp to drive. I would argue that, short of the Orpheus, you will never need a $1000 amp for any headphones unless you really want one.

As far as Campfire's offerings go, if you want dat bass and can't spring for the Vega, you could try the Lyra II or Dorado. The Lyra II is bass and mid forward, while the Dorado is V-to-W shaped. I own the Lyra II, and I can attest that they can and will "massage your brain" with even modest amplification. They will run fine off of any source, but a lil' extra juice seems to make them pop a bit more. It could just be placebo on my part, but at least in my case it's true.
>>
>Budget
$300usd
>Location
USA
>Source
Micca Origen+ DAC/AMP
>Type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
Either
>Comfort level
Great for movies
>Sound signature
The best for movies or games, if these are not the same then the best for movies
>Past headphones
Have the HD600, MSR7, HD598SE and K533pro

Had 7506 i had no problem with these, but when i got the MSR7 i sold them
>>
>>58292038
I want a pair of cans for indoor casual listening, I already have a portable pair so size or isolation isn't really a concern. Anything $200 or below would be nice

>Budget
$200 max
>Location
U.S
>Source
Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S7), MacBook
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Either one
>Comfort level
Nothing that'll hurt my ears in a short period of time
>Sound signature
V-Shaped (At least decent bass with clarity
>Past headphones
Sony MDR 1000x (currently my portable pair)
>>
>>58296068
DT 990
>>
Is there any USB amp/dac that would power a pair of fostex thx00 for under $100?

THANKS
>>
>>58296319
Forgot to mention it must have a 1/4th jack female
>>
File: 1391585789967.jpg (48KB, 545x363px) Image search: [Google]
1391585789967.jpg
48KB, 545x363px
>tfw waiting on new headphones to arrive
>>
>>58296742
Probably some meme garbage.
>>
>>58296319
>>58296346
Schiit Fulla and mod a 6.3 jack.
>>
>>58296801
They're definitely memephones
>>
What is a good hearing test?
>>
>>58297395
Have a sad cum
>>
How much should I expect to spend on an external sound card? I know this isn't a good question because the simple answer is that you can spend any amount, but I really don't even have a baseline. I'm looking for something entry level. Just enough to make my microphone not sound like shit. And ideally to act as a dac/amp for my headphones, but I don't know how any of this works.
>>
File: joe.gif (1011KB, 450x365px) Image search: [Google]
joe.gif
1011KB, 450x365px
Quick question about DACs and receivers. Do they all have this auto-shutoff feature which mutes the output when no audio is detected, or just the shitty ones? I have two devices that do this on both USB and spdif, and so the first 1-2s of all sfx, music, etc is cut off and not heard when nothing else was playing immediately before.

What makes it a bad feature imo is that it switches to this standby mode after less than a second of break in audio has happened. If it was increased to 5 minutes or an hour or whatever, it wouldn't be a problem. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought there might be a way to have some application produce an imperceptible audio in the background all the time, like an empty music file on repeat, but that seems fucking retarded.
>>
>>58297480
Apparently it's a problem with fiio e10. I haven't upgraded because it has digital+analog+hp amp, I use all of those, and my motherboard doesn't have spdif. sasuga /hpg/
>>
>>58297724
>fiio e10
I own one. Wait wtf? Auto off? How?
>>
MA750i or SE215?
>>
>>58295191
Sauce pls
>>
>>58297811
e10, e10k may not have the problem. let me give another example. It might not bother you or you might not notice if you don't play games, but there are lots of situations where you're in a segment with no ambient noise and no background music. so the only thing left is sound effects. Between these, the DAC goes into a standby mode. I only hear the end of each effect, and I guess someone measured it to be 0.7 seconds later. with a gunshot for instance, you would only hear the echo, fading out instead of a louder bang.

I "fixed" it by finding a 3 hour youtube video and turning its volume to 5%.
>>
Fuck for the past couple of weeks I've been using muh Cloud/Takstars and I gotta say they're amazing for the price ($40 in my country). Decent isolations, good microphone, great mid and highs IMO, the bass is amazing!. Aesthetics wise, due to mine being a cloud it make pass off as gameresque due to the attached logoes, however, it doesn't make feel like a shut-in, slick and simple designs account to this. Comforts are great, the only recommendation I can give is that if you have a big head like me consider buying HM5 pads, as I have attached earlobes it does pressure the connection between the lobe to the ear.
>>
>>58292108
for some reason, I can't watch this webm without being reminded of the amazing atheist pouring hot oil on his dick
btw which review was this video from
>>
>>58292108
DT770 Pro 80 Ohm
>>
>>58298327
>770
>neutral
nigger what are you doing?
>>
File: arnold-perplexed.png (466KB, 559x598px) Image search: [Google]
arnold-perplexed.png
466KB, 559x598px
>>58298235
>the amazing atheist pouring hot oil on his dick
I absolutely hate that faggot. He is the biggest degenerate on youtube. For some time, he was dating an insane mtf tranny (yes, an even more insane tranny than usual)
He also wants to be cooked and eaten

>btw which review was this video from
Ultrasone Edition 10 Headphone Review

>>58298327
No niggerbass, please
>>
>>58298416
>Ultrasone Edition 10 Headphone Review
thanks lad
>>
>>58298380
Didn't read that part.
>>
nice, I didn't know this was a general.
i've owned a sony mdr-7506 for years and are looking to upgrade rather than rebuy.
anything similar but with a better soundstage? don't want to go open back though.
budget limit is $300 but not locked
>>
I'm buying a VE Monk

Do I need the EXPack too? I already have a bunch of extra foam tips from my Yuin earbuds. Will they fit on the Monk?
>>
>>58298677
They'll fit the monk. Normal monk comes with them anyway.
>>
File: Modi-Multibit-front.jpg (104KB, 1920x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Modi-Multibit-front.jpg
104KB, 1920x1366px
Thoughts on Modi 2 Multibit?
>>
Would one of those cheap external USB cards stop my microphone from hissing?
>>
>>58299165
Potentially. Depend which one, and what is creating the hiss. The hiss may just be from bad USB power, if you're already using a USB soundcard. If you're just using motherboard sound, then yeah, it likely would remove the hiss.
>>
>>58292038
Are QC 35 not awful or should I just get m50x for muh quality sound
>>
>>58299439
only worth it for ANC.
if you have the budget for QC35's, but dont need ANC, get Oppo PM3's, or various other portable headphones

M50x aren't really the best choice. you have a lot better options if youre looking for portable use headphones, which i assume you are if youre asking about QC35's
>>
Can I use DT 990 without an amp or anything?
>>
>>58299477
Yeah it is nice to go under budget still is all. If it's without ANC and still includes wires then it's probably better to do more like $100 to still get good sound

And yes portable is the goal

If I wanted to spend $100 instead I'm not sure if the soundtrue 2 cans which are QC 35 with wires and no ANC or m40x would be the choice
>>
>>58299093
Snake oil just get fiio e10k is all you need
>>
>>58299526
>e10k
opinion discarded
>>
File: 1444775046956.png (953KB, 633x633px) Image search: [Google]
1444775046956.png
953KB, 633x633px
How are the ATH-MSR7? I was thinking of getting them as an upgrade from my 7506.

Not really a fan of open headphones, at least not from the ones I've tried. Want a solid closed headphone with just a bit more bass than the 7506.
>>
>>58299489
depends on the resistance.

below 80 ohm you should be fine i guess.. 200+ is best with amp.
>>
>>58299804
nice meme
>>
>>58293994
Elear is HD600 but downgraded and more expensive.
>>
>>58299987
Nice try sennshill, they're better than HD800.
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 276x183px
>Budget
$200 max because I'm a poorfag
>Location
Australia
>Source
Laptop and game systems
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
I have no life so they need to be comfortable enough that they stay comfortable for extended periods of time while I'm playing video games.
>>
>>58299997
lol
>>
>>58299489
Depends on the sensitivity of the headphones, the output power of the device you have and your requirement for loudness. A broad generalization would be to say that the 250 and 600 Ohm versions of the DT990 are insensitive enough that you should consider an amplifier more powerful than those on the average motherboard/mobile device while the 32 Ohm version is easily powered by all devices. If you are unsure, you can always get the amp later on and that's what you should do if you are on a budget.
>>
>>58293994
It's like HD 650/600 with shitty treble scoop.
>>
>>58300091
probably dt770 80 ohm
>>
>>58295690
Well that was just a silly thing I mentioned since most headfi reviews use such amps.

I just dont want to use my devices without a dac in between, with its own volume knob prefereably.

I'd rather not get something from the US due to import taxes and all that jazz, but campfire audio seems to be right up my alley.

Seeing as you own the lyra2, do you get annoyed by the sharp edges they have in all of their design?
And how is their cables? Corrotion, any breakage?
>>
I'm going to start regularly going outside for the first time in years and I need headpones <$100 for listening to music on the train and shit?

I don't want to look socially retarded though, and I'm not getting fucking beats
>>
>>58300415
>I'm going to start regularly going outside
rip anon

check OP
>>
>>58300455
I need headphones that will make me look normal, small headphones

or do I have to use earphones to look normal in public
>>
>>58300508

>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub
>>
>>58300516
Budget
>less than $140USD

Source
>Smartphone

Type of headphone
>full sized, in ear phones are too uncomfortable and get covered in earwax

Open or closed
>Closed

Comfort level
>comfortable enough to wear for 4+ hours without my ears falling off

Sound signature
>I don't want me eardrums to explode and I don't want my eardrums to be pierced with needles so neutral or warm I guess

Past headphones (Skip if you're lazy)
>hd 558,hd 600
>I like how they fit on my ears, aren't too heavy, don't strangle my head, soft pads
>>
File: agzHj8T.jpg (173KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
agzHj8T.jpg
173KB, 960x720px
After doing plenty of research I am either going to pair a pair of Modhouse Argons or HiFiMan HE400is with a Schiit stack. I will be using them as daily drivers for music, gaming and tv shows. The music I listen to will also be 90% hip hop which I was leaning towards the argons for tjeir low end and V shape yet I have heard the neutral 400is are a generally better headphone with still potent bass.
Any advice/recommendations is greatly appreciated.
>>
>Budget
10-20 euros
>Location
Greece (feelsbadman)
>Source
phone
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
Quite comfy
>Sound signature
I don't know, but i want them especially for music
>Past headphones
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Huawei-Earphone-Suitable-Packaging/dp/B00T2YOVKU
>>
>>58300580
m40x
>>58300583
hje125
>>
>>58300582
>paying double for a modded pair of headphones
If you want v-shaped then get X2s.
Regardless, try to audition before you buy. No amount of reading online about audio can compare as what you think you want may not be what you want.
>>
>>58300622
>X2
>V shaped
>not just bassy
luhmawo
>>
>>58300626
10k peak :^)
>>
>>58300622
Argons arent actually much more than x2's and are generally perceived as a better "fun" headphone. I live in NZ though so cant actually audition at all.
>>
>>58300635
>subjective opinions
>>
I have an amp that goes switches between 35ohm to 600ohm.

I'm tempted to upgrade to a higher tier pair of headphones around the 700usd range, maxing at 900.
Would it be a bad idea to focus on high ohm headphones, in the 400-600ohm range?

Open, closed, doesn't quite matter, live in northern europe, and I'll be mainly using my pc via the amp. Don't have a specific sound I'm after, so I guess neutral? It's more about seeing what I can within this range and then read up on the reviews.
>>
>>58300657
yes, it would be

check op for the requesting purchasing advice thing
>>
>>58300693
Then why would it be bad to focus on high impedance headphones if I can supply the power for them? That's what I get off the headphone FAQ linked.

And I kinda gave all the information needed, just in a different form.
>>
>>58300620
>>comfortable enough to wear for 4+ hours without my ears falling off
>M40X.
>>
>>58300793
Throw on HM5 oads and they should be fine comfort wise
>>
>>58300756
because it's the same thing as picking headphones based on price
headphones with a higher impedance can be better, but they can also be complete trash
it's not a measure of quality, so you shouldn't base your choice on that

>>58300793
pads exist and he wants neutral portable headphones
>If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.
>>
>>58300853
Yeah I suppose you're right about that.

But surely there are plenty of good headphones in the 400-600ohm, 700-900usd range?

Also, at what point is driving low impedance headphones with high impedance amp dangerous for the headphones?
Purely volume based?
>>
>>58300910
pretty much yeah, which shouldn't be a problem if your amp has a volume knob
especially if it has multiple modes

honestly, there's no point going past the 300-400$ range in my eyes
>>
>>58300941
My current headphones are in that range and I feel that I can go higher.
And in my eyes, ears, it's worth it because headphones and good music is a big part of my life.
>>
>>58300968
I'd say spend the money to go to some audio store somewhere and test some out yourself
don't just go out on a limb and order an 800$ pair online
>>
>>58299093
Worse than the standard in terms of performance, more expensive.
>>
>>58300657
>I have an amp that goes switches between 35ohm to 600ohm.
That doesn't mean anything. Your amplifier does not change Ohms. It doesn't even make sense. At most that is just two simple gain settings which the amplifier switches and this is not realted to the load impedance.

>Would it be a bad idea to focus on high ohm headphones, in the 400-600ohm range?
Yes simply because it doesn't make any sense to look at the headphone impedance when purchasing. It's not a trait of their quality, it doesn't tell you anything of importance in terms of sound or what you need to drive them.

>>58300910
>Also, at what point is driving low impedance headphones with high impedance amp dangerous for the headphones?
You really don't understand the concept of impedance at all to ask something like that. Answer is: at no point. There isn't a "high impedance amp" and load impedance can be dangerous ONLY for the amplifier and ONLY when it's too low.

Just forget about the impedance, completely.
>>
File: 2016-12-29.jpg (612KB, 700x2580px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-29.jpg
612KB, 700x2580px
>>
>>58295619
Dt770 or X2s
>>
>>58300657

>Would it be a bad idea to focus on high ohm headphones, in the 400-600ohm range?

higher ohms usually have better damping factor, so yes, if you want less spiky FR and easier Equalizations
>>
>>58301684
I hope you don't tie damping factor into spiky FR or easier equalization, because it doesn't.
>>
>>58301709

wasnt that the reason the DT880 600ohms is more neutral than the less impedance models?
>>
>>58301130
>Worse
how so?
>>
>>58301914
By Schiit spec's alone, higher distortion and lower SNR. It's nowhere near audible but it's worse nonetheless. Multibit does have a more "standard" output level on the line out's for some reason, the 2 Vrms instead of 1,5 Vrms on the non-multibit. I just don't see the point to pay more for the same product with worse performance.
>>
>>58301745
No and it isn't. It isn't flatter, it isn't more neutral. Not even on the single measurement on Goldenears which has some faulty DT880 600 Ohm compared to the other models. While damping factor can shift the response, it will do so only if the difference in supplied voltage shifts greatly across the headphone's pass band. This is equally dependent on the output impedance of your amplifier as it is on the impedance function of the headphones. The magnitude and shape of the shift is indicated by the impedance plots which you see measured on many sites. On single driver moving coil headphones there's just one part where you see the shift potentially occur, the driver's resonance frequency, which is the highest impedance peak and thus the easiest region to power. This in no way ties into how hard the headphones are to equalize and in some cases poor damping factor could make the headphones more flat. Poor damping and the potential varied voltage division caused by it results into the exact same thing you are doing when you equalize. You can reverse the effect of poor damping with a parametric equalizer.
>>
>>58302002
>same product
it's not the same product

the method used to turn 1s and 0s into sound is completely different, but whether that actually makes an audible improvement is up for debate unless you've done A/B
>>
>>58296068
DT 770 80
>>
Anyone here have any experience with the JVC sz2000 headphones? Are they worth buying?
>>
>budget
20-50$
>Location
Pizza mafia Italy
>Type
Over ear ( as "around the ear" as possible )
>Open-closed
Closed
>Comfort level
The highest I can get
>Source
Pc
>Other
I pretty much don't give a shit about sound quality, I just want some really comfortable headphones to watch movies for 5-6 hours straight.
>>
just plug your headphones into your motherboard you absolute autists
>>
>>58300327

The newer models with the liquid-alloy housings don't really have sharp edges, and even the older aluminum housings have had the edges smoothed a bit. It hasn't been an issue for me at all. Cable has been stellar, although some people don't seem to like the memory wires (it's kind of love it or hate it in general as far as memory wires go). No corrosion or issues yet, but I've only had them for about a month so far and they've seen moderate use, so time will tell. I can say that they give off an air of "I won't break any time soon".
>>
i don't recall wearing headphones in my adult life that didn't feel uncomfortable after 30 minutes of use
>>
>>58302782
And what of those with insensitive headphones or mobos with "hiss" and/or high output impedance to headphones with non-linear impedance curves, faggot?
>>
>>58302769
get just about any headphones and hm5 pads
>>
>>58303566
don't use them
>>
>>58302782
>just eat off the floor you absolute autists
>>
Is the Fulla 2 worth the extra $40 over the Fulla? Or should I just say fuck it to both and get an E10K?
>>
File: 4234234.jpg (135KB, 900x517px) Image search: [Google]
4234234.jpg
135KB, 900x517px
>>58292038
So I made a thread but then I noticed this thread so I deleted mine. I guess you could help me

Im a complete newfag to these things, but I really appreciate it if you could help an anon out here.

What's the difference between a 3.5 mm minijack output and an USB output? I want to buy pic related, but I don't know whats the difference between a minijack and an USB besides being two different plug-in. I just want the best possible sound quality, that's all.

Or do you all have others recommendations?
Like I said, I want the best possible sound quality as possible withing a certain price range of pic related. A good mic is also appreciated.
>>
>>58300580
M40x + HM5 pads or MSR7 pads
>>
>>58304252
A 3.5 TRRS is analogue, and a USB is digital.
Analogue doesn't require a DAC on the headphone end, USB/Digital does.

Also, stop buying headsets. You get shit build, shit sound, and shit value. The only headset really worth buying is the Hyper X Cloud Core, but only because they were originally just headphones which were then re-branded and converted to a headset.

A decent clip on or desk mic, and a good pair of headphones are almost always a better option.

Also, saying
>I want the best possible sound quality as possible withing a certain price range of pic related
doesn't fucking help us, since we have no idea of what that shitty headset is, or its price.
>>
why does everyone recommend dt770
>>
>>58304988
most people prefer v shaped, even if they don't know it
it's absurdly comfortable
it's extremely well built
it has good sound

if all the headphones but two in the world disappeared, I'd pick the dt770 and the 400i to be the only remaining headphones
>>
>>58299093

>>58299526
right
>>58299630
wrong
>>
>>58304988
One of the best closed headphones under $300 USD if you want V shape. It's genuinely a great headphone.
>>
File: dell.png (143KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
dell.png
143KB, 750x500px
can anyone quickly explain why I should/shouldn't use built in sound card software
SRS Premium Sound in this case
>>
File: qfbdNnj.jpg (713KB, 1000x1455px) Image search: [Google]
qfbdNnj.jpg
713KB, 1000x1455px
After discovering an interest in audio/headphones ive decided to invest into my first couple of quality pairs of headphones being;
Desktop use - Schiit Magni2+Modi2 w/ Mk2 Argon (Closed V shaped option) + He400i w/ether C pads(Open Neutral option)
Portable Use - Fiio E18 w/ Mk2 Argon + 1more Triple drivers
Although this is a large investment as a relative new entrant into this field, I think that I have done sufficient research to do so but would also like some thoughts or opinions :)
>>
>>58306512
I'm too convinced you're trolling to give a serious reply
>>
>>58306669
Sadly no enlighten me pls
>>
I've been looking to get some headphones between $100 - $250. Should I just get the dt770? I don't care about if they look cool or not, I just want the best bang for my buck.
>>
>>58307733
fill out the form
>>
>>58292108
why is the guy in the webm listening to an mp3 player
>>
>Budget
$100 - $275
>Location
US
>Source
Computer mostly and rarely Note 4
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
closed, unless it's worth it to get open.
>Comfort level
I don't care, as long as my ears and head aren't hurting
>Sound signature
V-shaped
>Past headphones
Shit $50 gaming headset. They seemed pretty cool to me.
>>
>>58307881
DT770 or MDR-1A
>>
>>58307906
Thanks pal.
>>
>>58307733
Fill out the form. Though yes, If you want good heavy bass, 770 is your best bet.
>>
>>58307906
>DT770
What's the difference between the 80 ohm and the 250 ohm?
>>
>>58307881
it is worth it to get open, but I'm not sure you'll be able to drive dt880/dt990 without an amp

just get dt770

>>58308094
get the 80 ohm, especially since you're considering using it with your phone sometimes.
>>
>>58308094
80 ohm is just easier to drive. You could still drive a 250 with onboard but if you're gonna go that route just get the 80.
>>
>>58305238
kys
>>
>>58308110
>>58308121
Thanks
>>
File: IMG_0527.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0527.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
May I shill my listings here?

HD598s
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322378148161

Schiit Magni + Modi stack
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322378157223

How do these look
Also please buy my things please
>>
so, are the aiaiai TMA-2 modular headphones a meme or actually the holy grail of headphones?
>>
File: 1471840281597.jpg (94KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
1471840281597.jpg
94KB, 495x495px
Best sound card under $15? If not, under $20?
>>
>>58308202
enjoy your adapter breaking

>>58308219
not even remotely the holy grail
pretty mediocre actually
>>
>>58308219

i've heard good things through friends who produce music. Going to pick up a pair when Mr. Shekel collector pays out
>>
>>58308231
Your motherboard.
>>
>>58308244
eh? i'm selling it, and the adapter is just a toss-in item.

why would it break, apart from someone putting it in a phone in their pocket and mucking about (which only a fool would do; you can feel that it can't take that kind of bending force)?
>>
>>58308301
i was just fucking with you
but those sennheiser 6.3 to 3.5 adapters are notoriously fucked

every single one ive had to replace as it just cuts out over time
>>
>>58308335
Oh it's not Sennheiser, I just grabbed it from a RadioShack and won't be needing it any more
>>
>>58292038
How are the highs on the DT990s? I've heard they can be really sharp. How do they compare to the 770s? I'm not sure if being an open pair affects the highs. (I'm a poorfag and the DT990s will be my first open pair)
>>
>>58308426
look into dt880
>>
File: 1482409089357.jpg (247KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
1482409089357.jpg
247KB, 1200x799px
>Budget
$100, very flexible
>Location
Central Europe
>Source
PC (Realtek ALC892 onboard chip), Samsung Galaxy S4
>Type of headphone
over-ear
>Open or closed
closed is preferable
>Comfort level
super comfy preferable
>Sound signature
mid-centric or bright
>Past headphones
been using Sennheiser CX-300ii Precision for many years
>>
Really want to get my first pair of good headphones and a DAC/AMP.

I listen to deep house, minimal, bass/house music with some rap/rock.

I found the AKG K553s on massdrop, and they look pretty good.
Can anyone recommend a good DAC/AMP for me to use with it? I've seen quite a few on massdrop but not sure what the best option is for these headphones. budget is around 200 for DAC/AMP
>>
E10k, SMSL M3, Micca Origen+, Fulla 2
Pick your poison based on their features.

Also, I would recommend the 553s.
>>
>>58309165
>E10k, SMSL M3, Micca Origen+, Fulla 2

Thanks man, would you recommend xDuoo TA-01 DAC/Amp at all?
>>
>>58308219
Honestly that looks pretty ghetto and overpriced, they probably bulk buy generic drivers and and then order the other parts off chinks on ebay.
>>
>>58309282
Haven't really had any experiences with it but cheap tubes aren't usually a very wise choice, and I doubt the 553 would benefit from the distortion anyways.
>>
>>58309319
looking at some reviews and specs it looks like the Micca OriGen would be the best option. thanks for your help
>>
>>58309411
Have you looked into the fulla 2? It might be more powerful and it uses the same dac chip as the modi.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emkMdTvg5pU
>>
>>58309462
Im new to DAC/AMPS but I saw that the fulla 2 was only 96khz and the Micca could do 192khz , that seems like a big upgrade no?
>>
>tfw my headphones didn't come in today
>>
So /hpg/, should I get a M70x for mixing/average listening? I dont really like listening to music with any eq.
>>
>>58309513
It doesn't matter since most songs play in 44.1khz anyway.
>>
File: Headphonesandaudioshit3.jpg (354KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Headphonesandaudioshit3.jpg
354KB, 2000x2000px
>>
>>58309560
Nigger, nobody cares about your garbage.
>>
>>58308768
>>
>>58309609
First thing that comes up about it is an earpad upgrade. Should I buy the replacements along with it or it's good to do that later?
>>
>>58309560
How do the AKG 702s sound?
>>
>>58309540
> should I get a M70x for mixing
Potentially. I'd still take a V6 or 7506 for that purpose

>average listening?
Fuck no. They're just M50x but even brigher and more painful.

>I dont really like listening to music with any eq.
That's pretty stupid. Why?
>>
>>58309677
The stock earpads are actually super comfortable, they just degrade quickly.

Best replacements are Brainwavz, but they ruin the bass a bit until they soften. Even then it's not quite as good as stock.
>>
>>58309723
>>58309677
MSR7 pads also work. Comfy and not as phat as Brainwavz pads.
>>
What's /hpg/'s true opinion of ZeosPantera
>>
File: 51763433_p0_master1200.jpg (160KB, 599x723px) Image search: [Google]
51763433_p0_master1200.jpg
160KB, 599x723px
My k702 are getting a bit tired.

Should I upgrade to a k712 or hd650?
>>
>>58309577
Poorfag

>>58309682
better than anything when it comes to acoustic types music

The HE500 is better when it comes to metal though
>>
>>58309759
Deaf as fuck, >>>/reddit/ as fuck, but he actually covers comfort, build, and actually covers small little details that other reviewers overlook in detail

he's entertaining, but you need to read other reviews for sound
>>
>>58309764
>My k702 are getting a bit """""""""""tired"""""""""""""".
>Should I upgrade to a k712 or hd650?
>k712 or hd650
>k712
>hd650

neither of those are better
just save up for something properly high end
>>
>>58309781
>lists a lot of low to mid-fi junk
>calls others poor
>>
>>58292532
Depends on the driver. Regular speaker drivers definitely "burn in" because of the way the spiders are made and work. But most headphone speakers don't have a spider at all so there's only the surround to "burn in", which may or may no have an effect on the sound.

And "burning in" solid state amps/dacs is questionable but solid state devices do have thermal sweet spots that they are designed to operate in. The tubes in tube amps do have to be burned in.
>>
File: dt770.jpg (17KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
dt770.jpg
17KB, 355x355px
Why does this thread even exist? Just get the sub-150€-masterrace. It's the fuckin best headphone ever. If you want to get something better you really need a good ear and should prolly go to a music shop anyways and prelisten em.

PS: For mobile the ath-m50x are the masterrace obviously.
>>
>>58309808
>the spiders are made and work
w-what

>>58309811
some people dont like heavy v-shape
>>
>>58309824
>some people dont like heavy v-shape
Then they can get some shitty mudheiser and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>58309797
None of the $1000 headphones appeal to me or seem to justify their price.
>>
>>58309798
>t5p
>he 500
>low fi

>>>/r/autism
>>
>>58309824
>some people dont like heavy v-shape
I can wear them for hours and hours. They are not the lightest ones, but ultra comfy imo
>>
>>58309840
well >>58309798
will call you a poorfag if you don't spend at least $3000 on a headphone
>>
>>58309849
what does comfort have to do with the sound signature
>>
>>58309862
oh top kek lel.
I am too tired and wasn't realising what you are meaning.
I don't care though. people who don't like this are retarded gays faggots imo
>>
>>58308287
>>58308231
This. pretty much.

Get a motherboard with a built in soundcard(where they actually advertise it)

Should be as good as a dedicated soundblaster/asus card or nearly so.
>>
>>58309861
I mean people are welcome to buy what they want. I just don't see the value in $1000+ headphones for me.
>>
>>58309811
should have replaced that with the x2
>>
>>58310012
see >>58309798
He is the utmost authority on poorfaggotry and headphones, if you don't spend $3000 on headphones then you are literally a poorfag and need to go back to /reddit/
>>
>>58309811
Bait
>>
>>58308202
just one shill bump

buy my shit

/shill
>>
>>58308426
Just save up a little extra for 880's. I really wanted to like my 990's but it got hard to use them for more than a couple hours at a time for treble heavy music.
>>
>>58310444
He should just get X2 instead.
>>
>>58309849
Is dt770 lighter/comfier than X2?

Didn't like my friend's X2, it was initially comfy but hurt later in the day.
>>
ANC9 or QC25, what you think /g/?
>>
>>58310453
I'd recommend that more if they weren't twice as much as the 990's. I love my X2's a lot more than the 990's though, definitely worth the extra cost.
>>
>>58310573
Sony MDR1000x
>>
>Budget
~$200. No more than $210
>Location
US
>Source
Mostly my audio interface, sometimes my phone for music listening on the go.
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
fairly comfortable. If they sound better I would be willing to be less comfortable but not too much. I wear them a lot.
>Sound signature
fairly neutral. I'll be making music with them.
>Past headphones
ATH-m50x - Willing to get these again because I kinda miss them but if there's something better within my budget then I'd rather get that.

Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro - Didn't like these at all. They fell apart very easily and are fucking massive. Only pro was the comfort. Really comfortable.
>Other info
Detachable cable would be really nice to have. Not absolutely necessary but nice.
>>
File: b&o H7_Black.png (115KB, 470x600px) Image search: [Google]
b&o H7_Black.png
115KB, 470x600px
Just grabbed these. Hope I didn't fuck up too badly

>>58303409
You definitely need to try different settings, you should be able to wear them for a long plane ride without any issues. Ask at a music store that sells instruments, they'll know what you should try first.
>>
>>58310752
AKG K553 pro

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k553-pro-studio-headphone
>>
>>58309811
>dt770
>best

It's your standard fucking v shape. We've seen and heard it a million times before.

My 20$ etys probably sound better
>>
>>58309785

Isnt he just a shill? I mean, if you mostly do good reviews, you have more probability of getting amazon money
>>
>>58310928
I have no idea
I wouldn't be too surprised though
He likes some /really/ bad headphones for some reason
>>
>>58310453
>>58310586
How's the low end and mids on the X2?
>>
>>58311018
Bass is very good, punchy and detailed, you "feel" it. Mids are average, certainly not bad or recessed and highs don't feel that prominent to me. Dunno why people call them V shaped, bass is good but they aren't treble cannons.
>>
>>58310767
Are these any better than the K550?

They were very meh when I compared them to my HD 598 Cs.
>>
>>58311328
Yes
>>
>>58311096
If I'm not feeling the bass on my X2s, what's going on? I thought I didn't need an amp for these.
>>
>>58311328
Yes the K553 pro are a over all improvement over both of those shit headphones
>>
>>58311347
>>58311350

How? I thought all K5?? were the same driver. what makes them better?
>>
>>58311398
improved tuning
>>
>>58311349
They don't but they benefit from one just like most headphones, mine have great bass with both Essence STX and a shit stack.

It also depends on the recording, not everything that sounds like it could be bass is actually bassy, a lot of shit sounds like a paper bucket getting thumped.
>>
Looking to buy a new wireless headset :), any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

>Budget
£100-£250
>Location
United Kingdom
>Source
Gaming PC motherboard, usb or audio jack
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Eh... Don't mind too much, although I do use them for long periods

>Past headphones
Razer megaladon
Sennheiser p363d
>>
>>58311600
>wireless
>gayming in front of a pc
???
>>
>>58311600
K702

Wireless is gay and gayming is for children
>>
>>58311720
Well... I'm a games programmer by day so it's not exactly childsplay for me :).
But thank you for the recommendation, I'll take a look.
>>
File: 2017-01-03_21h08_24.png (29KB, 373x690px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-03_21h08_24.png
29KB, 373x690px
Anyone think he will cave and give me the cable?
>>
>>58306512
Anyone?
>>
>>58311890
try an offer of $5.99
>>
>>58310529
no, it has a tighter clamping force. I think closed backs generally feel tighter because they create a closed seal around your ear. I find DT 770 to be uncomfortable
>>
>>58311774
But why wireless though?

I hate to say it but you're probably best off with Bose or something
>>
what are some ultra durable iem's for ~50 bucks. Don't care for sound signature or any of that nonsense
>>
>>58312015
The reason I'd like a wireless headset is so that I can freely move around my room or office whilst on calls.
Having a wireless headset would also help reduce the cable clutter on my desk currently.
>>
>>58312097
So you don't really care about sound quality?
>>
>>58312169
It's debatable, I'm not an audio engineer so sound quality isn't of the utmost importance.
I do however require a headset with surround sound to test whether or not sounds match their intended source of origin in-game.
>>
how are mids on the 990
>>
>>58312235
This can be virtual or true surround sound
>>
>>58312255
>mids
>990
>>
anyone wanna recommend some bluetooth earbuds for under $30, just lost mien today
>>
>>58292038
>anyone wanna recommend some bluetooth earbuds for under $30

Not really desu
>>
>>58309533
:(
>>
>>58312255
Recessed. If you want mids go for 880's.
>>
File: I-Know-That-Feel-Bro.jpg (19KB, 620x576px) Image search: [Google]
I-Know-That-Feel-Bro.jpg
19KB, 620x576px
>58312699

UPS hasn't updated the shipping since Wednesday.
>>
>>58313010
I had to wait a week and half for my new headphones to come and that's from Amazon.

Fucking Christmas.
>>
>Budget
100-200 USD
>Location
Doesn't matter, I order online.
>Source
New 4K Tv. Headphones need to be wireless/bluetooth
>Type of headphone
OverEar ideally
>Open or closed
doesn't matter though noise cancellation is irrelevant for me as I will be using them at home
>Comfort level
High, I will be using them to binge watch tv shows
>Sound signature
irrelevant, wont be using them for music.
>Past headphones
some audio-technica and Bose Soundlink (Wired)
>>
>>58313140
I have been eyeballing Sony's ZX770BT. Any thoughts?
>>
>>58313140
Just get some fucking speakers.
>>
>>58313158
I already got some, but I live with people and I need to be quite at a times.
>>
>>58313010
What do you have coming?

>>58313112
Same, ordered off Amazon, but no Prime so waiting forever
>>
>>58313239
Phillips A5 Pro.

Could be worse, I've been waiting for 8+ months on some groupbuys for other hobbies.
>>
My [spoiler]gf[/spoiler] wants to get a pair of these. What's the sound quality compared to something similar price like an XPT-100 or something?
>>
>>58313541
Dump her. Your girlfriend is a fucking moron.
>>
File: 1478870245613.jpg (38KB, 526x935px) Image search: [Google]
1478870245613.jpg
38KB, 526x935px
https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Velor-Memory-Replacements-Earpads/dp/B00MFDX4YO
https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Replacement-Memory-Foam-Earpads/dp/B00MFDT894

Which of these pads would you guys recommend for the ath-m40x?
>>
>>58313736
>implying it won't be cute at least
The specs don't look good on them, but they have a mic and >cute
>>
>>58313758
The pleather ones. The velours would leak low end far too much.
>>
>>58313763
They're not cute. They look plasticy as shit, and is a red-flag to show that anyone wearing them is a complete fucktard.
>>
>>58298097
>I "fixed" it by finding a 3 hour youtube video and turning its volume to 5%.
I can't believe you bought broken meme trash and have to do fucking this to make them work.
>>
>>58313798
Thanks family.
>>
What's the isolation like on the Fidelio X2s? Would someone sitting like 5m away in the same room be able to hear my music?
>>
>>58302130
There is literally no psychoacoustic evidence in support of multibit superiority and certainly no stringent ABX tests peformed upon it.
>>
>>58314543
The isolation on any open headphone is near non-existent, people in other rooms will easily be able to hear what you're listening to, unless you put your volume insanely low.
>>
>>58314543
Isolation isn't the same as leakage, but not the point.

If you have closed headphones, set them to slightly above normal listening level, and just rest them on your desk. The sound level coming out is roughly the same as an open pair.

Ignore >>58314567
People a room over wont hear it for shit, unless your music is ridiculously loud, or your walls are literal drawing paper.

I have had HD 600's playing music all through the night and my house-mates have never even heard them a room over. I've asked them.

Rest your headphones on your desk, and go walk around your house. See if you can hear it. Pretty easy test.
>>
>>58314880
>People a room over wont hear it for shit, unless your music is ridiculously loud, or your walls are literal drawing paper
Nigga please, you're lying to yourself. If I put my HD650 at half the volume I listen to them at, leave my room and close the door, I can hear that shit plain as day.

Either your walls are made of granite on you listen to music extremely quietly.
>>
>>58314914
I live in a mid 90's house with several room-mates
Even listening with my headphones on way past listening level, I can't hear them outside my room.

You must be deaf as fuck or live in a fucking tent.

Either way, our experiences aren't that relevant, as the guy asking the question can just do the test I mentioned in my previous reply.
>>
>>58315135
If I were deaf I wouldn't be able to hear them from outside the room you sill gook.
>>
looking for cheap cans that have huge bleed, basically i don't even care about listening but it's about others knowing
>>
>>58312235
>Wireless
>Surround sound
>Gayming

Just leave and never come back.
>>
>>58302130
Think of every single DAC and amplifier as a black box. Signal goes in, something comes out. That outputted signal is what you care for, not what happens to it inside the box. The quality of output is always referenced to the input signal.

Now, if you can get a device that does the exact same thing(converts digital signal into analog), while offering the same looks, same case, same inputs and outputs, has worse performance, costs more and all this from the same manufacturer, which do you choose? If you choose the worse performing and more expensive unit, I must ask you why?
>>
>Budget
USD 25-50, I'm poor ;_;
Willing to try aliexpress stuff

>Location
South-East Asia (ergo the limited budget)

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Full-sized over-ear

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Comfort over sound quality

>Sound signature
Neutral. Main usage music and ASMR (no bully please, it helps me concentrate)

>Past headphones
AKG K420 on-ears that I got as a gift. Adequate sound, but on-ears hurt after a mere hour of listening.
>>
>>58315652
Superlux 662 EVO
28 USD on ebay right now
>>
So has anyone in the history of mankind passed the mp3 vs flac ABX test?
None of that memey online shit, proper ABX test using a good flac converted to MP3 playing locally
>>
>>58315982
Yes but this is sample, encoder and bitrate dependent.
>>
>>58315982
at what rate?
10 out of ten correct or something?
>>
>>58316113
>>58316113
>>58316113
>>
>>58315500
from reddit
>inb4 >reddit

''The difference is the method in which the dac turns 0 and 1 into sound. Traditional modern DACs use a "delta-sigma" method. Essentially, these dacs are a single bit and simply flip the full voltage output on and off very very fast to create a sound wave. When you see a '24bit' delta sigma dac, it's really mostly a misnomer. It's a 1bit dac that has 24bit digital sound input, and will have a actual bitdepth about something much lower.
Multibit dacs instead actually output multiple voltages and combine them together. Using a resistor ladder for instance. Because they are true multibit dacs, they could have increased bitdepth but thats also not necessarily the case.''
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.