[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is Go web development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: cancer.png (17KB, 250x340px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
17KB, 250x340px
How the hell do you make anything but a basic website in Go?

No webservers support Go; you have to use some basic-ass libraries and rewrite code every time you start.
Unless you want to write everything yourself from the ground up, you have no control over what this sort of "built-in webserver" does
Go is a fucking meme in the first place. I genuinely want to know why using it for web development could possibly be better than other solutions.
>>
>>58277231
>How the hell do you make anything but a basic website in Go?
https://astaxie.gitbooks.io/build-web-application-with-golang/content/en/03.2.html

>no webservers support go
wut. Professionals use AWS, which supports go fine.

> you have to use some basic-ass libraries and rewrite code every time you start.
Welcome to real programming kid.

>you have no control over what this sort of "built-in webserver" does
you're just fucking stupid.

> I genuinely want to know why using it for web development could possibly be better than other solutions.
Go is the first language to be engineered properly, so you won't want to shoot your self in the face like you do with C++ and Java, and go is generally faster than Java, NodeJS, Ruby, Python etc, and on par with C++. In some situations it gets close to C and it makes working with multiple architectures with lots of cores really easy, unlike C.
>>
>>58277398
>AWS
AWS is not a webserver, dickass. Nginx, Apache, MS IIS, etc. Name one of these that supports Go.

>"real programming"
Real programming would be not writing your own webserver every time you want to make a website. There's a reason things like Apache were written--so that every person doesn't write their own webserver software, leaving a clusterfuck of excessive code.

>you're just fucking stupid
You're not even making a point here, so there's nothing to be said.

>shooting yourself in the foot
Fair enough--C/C++ is not safe. That's why we use already tried and tested C/C++ code and do other things in memory safe languages or scripting languages.

>faster than [list of shit languages]
Again, fair enough. A compiled language will be faster than a scripting language. But is that absolutely essential here? A lot of the computing work in a web application is DB queries, rendering on the front end, or parsing HTTP requests. None of these need be done by any of [shit languages].

What you've said has proven that Go might be good for writing a webserver just like C, but without the issues of memory unsafeness. However, I just can't see the sense in treating Go like a backend web language in the same vein as Perl or [shit languages].
>>
>>58277934
>AWS is not a webserver, dickass. Nginx, Apache, MS IIS, etc. Name one of these that supports Go.

Any of them that can support something that can run go binaries. for example node.js. I have never used Go myself, but I have seen that.
>>
>>58277973
But why? Let's use a webserver that supports a scripting language, then use the scripting language to call a Go binary. That's just a bunch of unnecessary layers
>>
>>58277231
>No webservers support Go

Because you don't need one?

https://blog.cloudflare.com/exposing-go-on-the-internet/

It is trivial to put nginx or any other web server in front of it.

proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8080;

> you have to use some basic-ass libraries

Well you just tie them together like so:

https://github.com/haruyama/golang-goji-sample

> "rewrite code every time you start."

wat

>Unless you want to write everything yourself from the ground up, you have no control over what this sort of "built-in webserver" does

Well you can put a web server in front of the app and have it handle static files.

>Go is a fucking meme in the first place. I genuinely want to know why using it for web development could possibly be better than other solutions.

Because it is way, way faster than php/python/ruby.
>>
File: 1482013336120.jpg (106KB, 432x736px) Image search: [Google]
1482013336120.jpg
106KB, 432x736px
>>58277398
>no webservers support go
>wut. Professionals use AWS, which supports go fine.

>webservers
>aws

wew lads
>>
>>58278082
Super fast though, if you use AWS then it makes sense to use as little cpu and memory as possible because your bill depends on it.
>>
>>58278109
>put a webserver in front of the app
... have two webservers? That's asinine and you know it.
Having a compiled language as your backend is whack, as evidenced by ASP.NET (which isn't as awful as people make it out to be, but it's complex and was written by Micosoft for Microsoft-based companies). Scripting languages are easy to pass information to and from. You don't want an executable for every page handler. Updating things would be a bitch. That's where scripting languages come in. Use something actually fast and good like Perl instead of all these crap n00b-friendly languages
>>
>>58278367
Use nginx as your proxy/cache server and Go to handle the requests. It's simple stuff.
>>
>>58277231
>No webservers support Go
Just proxy-pass it via. nginx.

>you have to use some basic-ass libraries and rewrite code every time you start.
Make your own boilerplate or use web-frameworks.

>you have no control over what this sort of "built-in webserver" does
RTFM. https://godoc.org/net/http

>I genuinely want to know why using it for web development could possibly be better than other solutions.
Simplicity, easy deployment and good performance. In the end, if you like magic stick to magical languages.
>>
>>58278213
>if you use AWS then it makes sense to use as little cpu and memory as possible because your bill depends on it.

You should select an instance type based on your usage requirements and properly utilize it as well. If you aren't using your cpu/mem, aside from the case of an instance type such as t2's with burst rates, then your bill will be no different if you use a little more memory on the same instance type.

Throughput on the other hand..
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.