[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1440p 27 inch IPS Monitor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Hey /g/ I'm looking for a new monitor. I got a 400€ budget but every monitor I'm looking at seems to have some major flaws.

I got a GTX 1080 and only having a 1080p monitor seems to be a waste. So I was looking up some 1440p IPS monitors but when reading customer experiences IPS glow seem to be a big thing especially for Acer monitors.

I don't care for above 60hz refresh rate. I got 2 1080p 120hz monitors at the moment but I don't play that many shooters so I don't benefit from high refresh rate that much.

I just want some 1440p 27 inch monitor with some great colors and a decent response time. Could some one name a couple monitors to check out?
>>
U2717D
>>
>>58271643
>U2717D

I read some stuff about color banding on this one. Is it a big issue or just noticeable when you really look for it?
>>
>>58271720
It's one of the most color accurate displays for the money, unless you're spending $800+ you aren't gonna find anything much better unless you find something amazing used or similar sale.
>>
>>58271861
Thanks for the response, I will look into this on.

What about the Asus PB278QR? Is this one any good?
>>
>>58271936
it's 2+ years old at this point and the bezel is like 3x as thick as the dell.
>>
>>58271643
I am very happy with my U2715H, it's hard to go wrong with a Dell IPS
>>
>>58272135
This, Dell's monitors are honestly their best products.

OP you'll be glad you upgraded, 1440p is a large enough resolution upgrade to be noticeable but it is still totally playable on a 1070/1080 unlike 4K.
>>
>>58272135
What is the difference between the U2715H and the U2717D?
>>
>>58272194
>totally playable on a 1070/1080 unlike 4K.
Yeah that was my thinking too. 4K with a constant 60fps is not possible or at least not feasible without unlimited budget at the moment.
>>
>>58272202
I think they use the same exact panel, but the newer model might use a newer version of the same panel.

Also I think the bezel is very slightly larger on the older model (by a few mm)
>>
>>58272202
Looks like the only real difference is connectivity, they're probably both using the same LG manufactured IPS panels

Here's the U2715H
>Connectivity
>2 HDMI(MHL) connector
>1 Mini DisplayPort
>1 DisplayPort (version 1.2)
>1 DisplayPort out (MST)
>1 Audio Line out (connect your speakers)
>5 USB 3.0 ports - Downstream (4 at the back, 1 with battery charging)
>1 USB 3.0 port - Upstream

U2717D
>Connectivity
>DP connector (include DP in and DP out)
>mDP connector
>HDMI (MHL) connector
>>
4k@144hz when?
>>
>>58272265
I couldn't care less about USB ports and audio line outs on my monitor. But the U2717D seems to be a lot pricier than the old one at least here where I live in Germany. Shouldn't that be the other way around with less features and all? Or is it just a "newer model higher price" kind of thing?
>>
>>58272326
>is it just a "newer model higher price" kind of thing?
that's exactly what it is, the U2715H is the same panel so for what you visually see, they should be identical.
>>
>>58272326
>Or is it just a "newer model higher price" kind of thing?
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'd much rather have all the legacy ports since you're just going to use DisplayPort anyway.
>>
>>58272266
3 years
>>
the cheapest 1440p freesync monitor?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.