[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gnu/year or as i've recently taken to calling it gnu plus year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (56KB, 602x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 602x500px
Will the year of our lord two-thousand and seventeen and of the independence of the United States of America two-hundred and forty-one be the year of the (gnu plus) linux desktop?
>>
Personally i think it will
>>
As a Debian user i say... no way in hell.

Fags live Windows, case closed.
>>
File: 1431486408505.png (670KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1431486408505.png
670KB, 1920x1200px
>>58268873
I REPEAT. Linux will never take a large portion of the consumer market because

A.) Too many options of Linux distros and DE
B.) There's the misconception among normies that Free=cheap/not as good as something you paid for
C.) Normies have no reason to switch from Mac/Windowz.

So Linux +whatever the fuck will always be limited to a niche market.
>>
>>58269163
You're right, it won't take a large portion of the consumer market, but you're wrong for the reasons

A- No one knows what is linux (+ they don't care about it)
B- Even if they heard about it, they won't bother installing it (because they don't care + they will think it's difficult to install it)
>>
File: 1476044335701.png (848KB, 2554x3114px) Image search: [Google]
1476044335701.png
848KB, 2554x3114px
>>58269474
My C is your B

and My A is the reason for your A
Linux Never picked up traction because their are too many distros

You couldn't explain what linux is without rifling off a bunch of words which make no since to the average person.

Mint
Ubuntu
Other Ubuntus
Linux mint which branches off with: MATE or Cinnamon
Gnome
Manjaro
Solus
Arch
elementary OS

And then there's the discussion of choosing a different DE.

Too many choices, too much thought for normies

Between deciding which Distro and DE to use and the setup there after, you'll never get users who have already "learned" Mac/Windows.

The only way Linux would become popular is if Microsoft literally put ads in the background of the desktop that you couldn't remove because it was tied into something integral and Macs fucked up something too.
>>
>>58269163
D.) Three hours of battery life.
>>
>>58268873
I began the new year by formatting Windows 10 and putting Ubuntu 16.10 for a comfy desktop.

Not going back.
>>
>>58268873
>>58269163
Fuck that man, the reason Linux cant keep it together is because:
1) No simple stupid app store with one button installs
2) Torvalds: We have to develop a dozen binaries for each distro, where windows is 1-2 binaries. Meaning devs will never flock to make great software in Linux, first
>>
>>58268873

Don't install Debian Jessie. It's backdoored through NSA/systemd. Install Devuan Jessie instead (or Debian Wheezy if you must).
>>
>>58270020

> No simple stupid app store with one button installs

WHAT!?!

Nigga, GNU+Linux practically invented this shit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.