[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is C a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: UPFCF10250106245.jpg (36KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
UPFCF10250106245.jpg
36KB, 340x340px
Is C a meme?
>>
>>58254406
Absolutely not.
Used in many major companies. Embedded. It's VERY FUCKIN FAST DUDE
>>
>>58254406
Is OP a faggot?
>>
>>58254406
C is the fastest high level language that is used in almost all embeded devices, device drivers, games, operating systems, High end software applications etc.

So no. Give me one language faster and efficient than C except for Fortran or ASM, I'll wait.
>>
>>58254427
>>58254585
Yes I know it's standard, that's why I'm asking if it's a meme

Does anyone actually like C? It's hard to say because there isn't anything to compare it to. Say some nice things about it though, I can't come up with much
>>
>>58254975
Compared to C++? Hell yeah, C++ is insanely difficult to maintain
>>
You ever seen a grown man naked?
>>
>>58254975
I actually like C.
It's not without its flaws, but it's a very well designed language that fits its niche very well.
>>
Is there a language that isn't a meme?
>>
>>58254406
No , its not. The problem now days even c , a programing language that is not to big like c++ suffers or is bu nature very inconsistent. In order to write correct code in thid language you need to write extra safe checks , you sometimes need to consult the compiler manual, consult the spec. Etc. Its really easy to fuck it up. I dont even want to mention the cross platform inconsistencies and compiler depended code that you need sometimes to write in order your program to work with multiple compilers or run on different platforms. It.s sometimes a pain in the ass.
>>
>>58254406
Fuck you stupid cunt hooker

You are a meme
>>
>>58255057
Please , just kill yourself. You, sir are the stupid cunt faggot who dosen't know anything other than insulting words.What a pice of faggot are you, where you developed this autistic behaviour?
>>
File: 1479024402979.jpg (75KB, 395x504px) Image search: [Google]
1479024402979.jpg
75KB, 395x504px
What about D?
>>
>>58255086
That language actually is a meme.
>>
I learn C, but I am asking what can I do with C? Only outputs terminal?
>>
>>58254998
>undefinded behavior
>very well designed language
>>
>>58255390
>Mathematics has undefined results
>Mathematics is bad
You're an idiot if you think undefined behaviour is bad. It's extremely useful to the implementation and the standard.
Implementation defined behaviour is the one that's actually annoying.
>>
>>58255416
Not saying you're wrong, but that maths analogy is wayyyy off.
>>
>>58255439
>that maths analogy is wayyyy off
Why? I think it fits perfectly.
In mathematics, anything divided by 0 is undefined, i.e. don't do this.
In C, dereferencing a NULL pointer is undefined, i.e. don't do this.
>>
Stop using 'meme' as a synonim for 'bad' you dumb reddit nigger.
>>
>>58255481
Is using the word "meme" to describe memes a mame?
>>
C runs fast and is used in embedded devices. The thing is, why would you invest your time mastering it? Are you looking for a job? If you are fortunate and live in a place where the demand for embbeded programmers is high (Big cities in the USA), you could give it a go. Otherwise, I recommend learning something for a big in-demand niche, like web development. If you are more into designing architecture/systems, go with a backend language, like Java, C# or even PHP. If you're more into layout/UI/UX, learn the frontend stack, HTML5/CSS3/JavaScript and it's frameworks (Angular, React). You can and will have time to learn anything that you want, just don't waste all of it in something with little to no return.
>>
>>58254975
I write C for work and then I come home and write C for fun.
>>
>>58255743
C is used all over the fucking place.
If you ever do anything related to open source software, knowing C is a requirement.
>>
>>58255783
Yea, sure. All the open source projects, even the ones written in java have C in it.. sure.. I guess you misspelled git?
>>
>>58255877
90% of useful open source software is written in C.
Sure, that number is pulled out of my arse, but it's a lot.

Most useful libraries, language interpreters, shell utilities, operating systems, user applications like ffmmeg, mpv, or whatever.
>>
>>58255013
Java
>>
>>58255949
Open up indeed.com, type "C jobs", now do the same with "Java jobs". Now we are talking
>>
>>58256026
We weren't talking about pajeet-tier jobs, idiot.
We were talking about open-source software.
>>
>>58255751
Are you German perhaps?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.